Ramadi first of 3 cities to be laid waste

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
from Yahoo News:

"Ramadi I think was a victory in the worst possible sense in that … there really wasn’t much left of Ramadi by the time it had been deemed 'liberated,'" Ali Khedery told Business Insider. "This seems like the 100th battle for Ramadi since 2003."

It is the prophesied outcome of Ar Mageddon. (see Revelation 18).

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
from Yahoo News:

"Ramadi I think was a victory in the worst possible sense in that … there really wasn’t much left of Ramadi by the time it had been deemed 'liberated,'" Ali Khedery told Business Insider. "This seems like the 100th battle for Ramadi since 2003."

It is the prophesied outcome of Ar Mageddon. (see Revelation 18).
Hmm. I don't see Ramadi anywhere in Rev. 18?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Laid waste? Yes, that is what happens when there is fighting of the kind that got it to that point of being "laid waste".

It's called war.

From what i understand, ISIS was run out of there.

And then ISIS turned on their own fighters, burning them alive for losing.

ISIS appears to be turning on itself.

Reminds me of how it is written that the wicked turn on themselves, so there is no need for anyone to fight them at all because they will destroy themselves.

Speaking of Ramadi (and isn't there a more ancient name of this city?):

ISIS burns its own fighters alive for losing Ramadi to Iraqi troops in terrifying warning to other militants after they fled to group's stronghold of Mosul
Mr Pregent said: 'ISIS is fracturing, paranoid from within. They are using women and children executions to intimidate – the harsher the tactic the more desperate the leadership is.'
Islamic State fighters who lost a town to Iraqi forces were burned alive after they fled to the group's stronghold of Mosul, it has been reported.
Residents claim the jihadists were set alight in the town's main square in a terrifying message to other militants who may be forced to defend Mosul from an attack.
The fighters had been driven out of Ramadi, the capital of Anbar province, two weeks ago in a major setback for their aims of creating a caliphate across Iraq and Syria.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ops-fled-terror-group-s-stronghold-Mosul.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And then ISIS turned on their own fighters, burning them alive for losing.

ISIS appears to be turning on itself.
I can see their point > they don't want their fighters to flee from attack. They prefer martyrdom.

But Hitler, I was told, told the Germans to fight to the death of every German; if they lost, they did not deserve to live, he said . . . I was told. So, possibly a number of ISIS people are like Hitler . . . both anti-Jewish, and both feeling superior to all others.

So, it is, like you say, just another case of evil people doing their own selves in.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I can see their point > they don't want their fighters to flee from attack. They prefer martyrdom.

But Hitler, I was told, told the Germans to fight to the death of every German; if they lost, they did not deserve to live, he said . . . I was told. So, possibly a number of ISIS people are like Hitler . . . both anti-Jewish, and both feeling superior to all others.

So, it is, like you say, just another case of evil people doing their own selves in.
Desertion and disobedience is a severly punished act for a soldier in any army.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums