• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Rally Day

Discussion in 'Wesley's Parish - Methodist/ Nazarene' started by KagomeShuko, Aug 6, 2020.

1. KagomeShuko

KagomeShuko Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd

+163
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Others
    If I said, "Rally Day" or let's say that I was actually a Christian education and youth and family minister at a congregation and said that I was planning Rally Day, would that mean anything to you? What would it mean?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ronit

Ronit Well-Known Member

+670
    United States
    Messianic
    Single
    I like your avatar :)

3. seeking.IAM

seeking.IAM Episcopalian Supporter

+2,626
    Anglican
    Married
    When I was a Methodist, Rally Day was a time to showcase and kickoff programming for a new church program year and generate some excitement for it, usually occurring in the late summer after all the people come back from the lake and around the time school starts. It may or may not be loosely associated with the annual pledge drive. I found it to be a routine although not a particularly meaningful one for me.

4. tampasteve

tampasteve ✞Steadfast Lutheran, Messianic leaning ✡ Staff Member Administrator CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team Supporter

+3,890
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    When I was in Youth at a UMC (high school through college) it meant a car scavenger hunt (usually with pictures) and games. Start at the church, do the hunt, end back at church for dinner (hot dogs, etc. )and then have worship and a brief sermon from the youth minister.

5. bekkilyn

bekkilyn Contemplative Christian Supporter

+5,049
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    US-Others
    Never heard of it.

6. KagomeShuko

+163
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Others
    When I was a youth minister, it was the start of Sunday School for that congregation. A huge fun event go get excited about Sunday School starting. Events were, of course, based on something Biblical - but we had all kinds of different events over the years. I've had people look at me like I have three heads when I've said "rally day."

7. KagomeShuko

+163
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Others
    Thanks! Years ago, I was REALLY into making the 100x100 icons since LiveJournal and the other journal sites used them. I loved this little band (duo) called Lost And Found (still love the guys and when they do join up to do things). They would sing LOTS about the Bible. It comes from this song:

Multiply by Lost And Found

8. KagomeShuko

+163
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Others
    Or you can have the bluegrass version:

Multiply (Bluegrass Version) by Lost And Found

9. Rawtheran

Rawtheran Lightmaker For Christ

+248
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Before Covid and everything usually in the Church of the Nazarene we have church events throughout which would be very similar to what you would propose as a Rally day. This happens about every 3-4 months and its a time where all of the different ministries of the church come together such as Teens, Children's and Adults for a combined service, games, and ending in a big church dinner.