Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
@Goodbook

Here is the Law of God defining sin and the consequence of spiritual death:

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Leviticus 18:22
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination:
they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:13
There shall be no harlot of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel. Deuteronomy 23:17

Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Psalm 40:7-8
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law
in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jeremiah 31:33
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Ezekiel 36:27

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come
unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
John 16:7-11

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Romans 8:5-8

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Sure - we preach the gospel to all types of people. We welcome people into our hall to experience our meeting, and hear the Word of God taught.
But over time we expect people to embrace the gospel and desire repentance and then to be baptized
by water and the Holy Spirit. To become new people set free from their sins, not to continue living in
contradiction to the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles.
How can any person have a testimony to being converted if they remain as they were?

It is one thing to welcome sinners, but it is an evil to let them believe they are OK as they are, and
need not repent and embrace the righteousness of Jesus and the gospel.

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Luke 5:32
When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.
Acts 11:18
Of course there are unsaved people out there, even within the Churches, but still we can't expect non-Christians to behave like Christians. Instead, we should focus on being a light to them, and loving them.

Over and over again, the Bible tells us the importance of loving others. (1 Corinthians 16:14; 1 Corinthians 13:1-6, 13)

It is hard to love others, and show the gospel to them, when we are angry at them, or hating on them.

Of course Christians are not part of the world, and it is a fallen world out there and most people do not even truly know Jesus Christ, and the duty of all Christians to guide others to the Lord Jesus Christ.

There is a time to warn people, even non-Christians, against the deadly effects of the ways of this world. (see Ezekiel 3:18; Acts 20:26-27) Although mainly we should focus on preaching the hope and truth of the gospel - because only the gospel can change hard hearts - it is the only thing that worked for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
It is hard to love others, and show the gospel to them, when we are angry at them, or hating on them.
So who are these angry and hatful people? Are you writing about your own congregation?
It certainly doesn't apply to my Fellowship. We are hopeful that over time converts change for the
better as the Holy Spirit works in their hearts and souls.

Our Fellowship is mostly made up of adult aged converts who all have testimonies as to their lives
before they came to know the Lord and what the Lord has done for them since.
Our Church is full of people who were gamblers, smokers, users, fornicators, violent, thieves, atheists,
homosexuals, alcoholics, and so much more.
Some were just goody goody Lutherans or Methodists but were converted by the power and truth of
the Full Gospel preached by Jesus and the Apostles.

People, especially unbelievers, do not embrace the gospel because evangelists are preaching in hate
and anger. When new people come in to a meeting and experience the preaching of sound doctrine on
salvation, they become part of the parable of the sower and the seed.
God calls or draws people to himself and the gospel. The Holy Spirit works within the hearts and souls
of people to open their eyes and to open their ears.
We preach the love of Jesus who came into the world to die for them so that they may be set free from
sin by embracing the truth that is Jesus.

I have planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he who plants anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
1 Corinthians 3:6-7

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
So who are these angry and hatful people? Are you writing about your own congregation?
It certainly doesn't apply to my Fellowship. We are hopeful that over time converts change for the
better as the Holy Spirit works in their hearts and souls.

Our Fellowship is mostly made up of adult aged converts who all have testimonies as to their lives
before they came to know the Lord and what the Lord has done for them since.
Our Church is full of people who were gamblers, smokers, users, fornicators, violent, thieves, atheists,
homosexuals, alcoholics, and so much more.
Some were just goody goody Lutherans or Methodists but were converted by the power and truth of
the Full Gospel preached by Jesus and the Apostles.

People, especially unbelievers, do not embrace the gospel because evangelists are preaching in hate
and anger. When new people come in to a meeting and experience the preaching of sound doctrine on
salvation, they become part of the parable of the sower and the seed.
God calls or draws people to himself and the gospel. The Holy Spirit works within the hearts and souls
of people to open their eyes and to open their ears.
We preach the love of Jesus who came into the world to die for them so that they may be set free from
sin by embracing the truth that is Jesus.

I have planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he who plants anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
1 Corinthians 3:6-7
I have had negative experiences with certain judgemental christians. If I was not a Christian, and the way certain Christians have behavied towards me I would certainly not want to be a Christian. No wonder a lot of people do not want to be Christian due to their encounter of rather hostile Christians.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Scottish Episcopal Church Takes Gay Marriage Step - BBC today Monday 1st May, 2017

The Scottish Episcopal Church's General Synod has made the first steps of any Anglican Church in the UK towards allowing gay marriage in church.
The proposal would remove the doctrinal clause which states that marriage is between a man and a woman.
There would be a "conscience clause" for those who would not want to conduct a same-sex marriage.

The synod vote received support from five of seven bishops, 69% of the clergy and 80% of the laity - indicating that it has a good chance of succeeding when it returns next year.
If passed it would means Scottish Episcopals would become the first major church in the UK to marry gay and lesbian couples in church.

This level of action is not happening within the Church of England, which will not conduct gay marriages, or allow clergy to be in a same-sex marriage.
In January the Anglican Communion sanctioned the US Episcopal Church when it decided to allow gay marriage in church.

The church's leader, the Archbishop of Canterbury, has struggled to keep the Anglican Communion together over the issue.

I was listening to the former Episcopal Bishop of Newark, John Shelby Spong, as a guest on our
Australian left-wing extremely Liberal pro-Greens tax-payer funder ABC radio.
While listening to Spong rabbit on how the Bible is not true, and how the miracles claimed to have
been done by Jesus were fabricated by the disciples, and how Jesus did not rise from the tomb,
and how sinners do not need to repent because of grace, and other doctrinal nonsense;
I had my face down in my hands on the kitchen table in unbelief at this man's foolishness.
And I prayed to the Lord what will you do with such a deceiver of a man representing you and
yet lying to people over salvation?
I saw flames and fire in a vision so powerful that it knocked me off my chair and onto the floor.

And this is
why we need to preach the gospel and encourage all sinners to repent and turn away from their dead works. This world will burn with all of its wickedness.
We need to tell people about this because we love them enough to care about their fate.

Upvote 0

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well I don't think gay marriage is the biggest threat to marriages of the Christian church. Rather as as follows:
Christians should clean up their own act before condemning gay marriage, said actor Kirk Cameron, who was visiting Alabama to lead marriage seminars.

"When people get too focused on redefining marriage, you're distracted from the bigger problem - fornicators and adulterers," Cameron said.

"If the people sitting in the pews are fornicators and adulterers, the church will destroy marriages much more quickly than those outside the church. When God's people mock marriage, God doesn't take that lightly.

"I think the greatest threat to marriage is not other people's definition of marriage," Cameron said in an interview with AL.com. "The church isn't taking God's definition of marriage seriously. It's not other people sabotaging marriage that's the problem."Forget gay marriage: 'Fornicators and adulterers' in church a bigger issue, says actor Kirk Cameron

For the bible based church there are other priorities than gay marriage as it is just a distraction.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would certainly agree that focusing on same-sex attraction can be just a smoke screen if we ignore adultery and fornication at the same time. Sexual sin is sexual sin, in all its forms, and adultery and fornication are often the more prevalent problems.

Being attracted to someone of the same sex in itself isn't even a sin, IMO, but a temptation at that point. So if they aren't acting on it, they are in fact successfully resisting extreme temptation.

But comparing sins in cases like this is of no benefit. We all have to be in control of our own bodies and actions, regardless of our personal temptations.

If by chance we are using the sins of others to salve our conscience regarding our own sins so we "aren't that bad" by comparison, or trying to deflect attention away from our sins, then we are doing no one any good, least of all ourselves.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of my friends goes to a church thats a gay and lesbian church in the city.
I dont know what to think about this..does this mean shes gay or lesbian? What do those kinds of churches teach?"

Such gatherings are NOT churches (meaning "called out assembly pertaining to God"), so one can just leave such religious endeavors to those who do not know or bow to God. - 1watchman

Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im just wondering if these rainbow churches are kind of wishy washy about the bible.
Well I have seen a bible in which they changed to Queen James and scriptures have been reworded thus perverting God's most Holy Written Word in order to claim God loves them just as they are and do not have to change and so forth.

Hope this answers your question
Blessings
FCJ

Upvote 0

Waggles

Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Well I have seen a bible in which they changed to Queen James and scriptures have been reworded
Well well well, fancy seeing you here Jim !!

Greeting from a fellow forum member.
Nick from Downunder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well well well, fancy seeing you here Jim !!

Greeting from a fellow forum member.
Nick from Downunder.
It's a small world after all. Lol
Its really good sing you here brother.
Blessings to you Nick
FCJ

Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0