California
✟19,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't know if this fits better here or in the Christian advice forum. Going to post it here for now though. If it needs to be moved, then please move it. Anyway here goes.

Has anyone else ever wondered what your purpose in life was?

How do you find your purpose?

Has anyone else felt like they don't fit in?

What do you do when those close to you betray you?

Do you ever get over it?

These are just a few questions that I have. I guess they are a little deep. I apologise for that. Going through a tough time right now. The Lord has pulled me through before and He will again. It's just a matter of when. Yet I still wonder. Also apologise again if this is in the wrong place. Please move it to the right place if it is. Thanks again.

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't know if this fits better here or in the Christian advice forum. Going to post it here for now though. If it needs to be moved, then please move it. Anyway here goes.

Do you ever get over it?

These are just a few questions that I have. I guess they are a little deep. I apologise for that. Going through a tough time right now. The Lord has pulled me through before and He will again. It's just a matter of when. Yet I still wonder. Also apologise again if this is in the wrong place. Please move it to the right place if it is. Thanks again.[/QUOTE

I think all people that are willing to go on with Christ will feel like that in its season. It took me quite a while to see that is was my Spiritual Birth that separated me from nonbelievers. That was why I didn’t “fit in”. I always thought it was me. But the lord showed me I will only be comfortable around people that also had been Born Again. (same common ground)

Yes, people, even good friends will let you down on occasions. For they too have the “old man” to deal with. You “can” trust Christ in someone, but you can’t trust them always to be living out from Him. Just like they can’t trust you, me, everybody, to always be living out from Him. So just like you’d like them to forgive you, forgive them and let it be your hearts desire that Christ would be manifested in all the hearts.

The propose in life is to be “confirmed to His image” this takes spiritual eyes to see and understand the necessity of it. But keep pressing in and feeding your personal relationship with Christ and in time He will teach you all things. Just don’t stop pressing in.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think all people that are willing to go on with Christ will feel like that in its season. It took me quite a while to see that is was my Spiritual Birth that separated me from nonbelievers. That was why I didn’t “fit in”. I always thought it was me. But the lord showed me I will only be comfortable around people that also had been Born Again. (same common ground)

Yes, people, even good friends will let you down on occasions. For they too have the “old man” to deal with. You “can” trust Christ in someone, but you can’t trust them always to be living out from Him. Just like they can’t trust you, me, everybody, to always be living out from Him. So just like you’d like them to forgive you, forgive them and let it be your hearts desire that Christ would be manifested in all the hearts.

The propose in life is to be “confirmed to His image” this takes spiritual eyes to see and understand the necessity of it. But keep pressing in and feeding your personal relationship with Christ and in time He will teach you all things. Just don’t stop pressing in.

Much love in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

Do you ever get over it?

These are just a few questions that I have. I guess they are a little deep. I apologise for that. Going through a tough time right now. The Lord has pulled me through before and He will again. It's just a matter of when. Yet I still wonder. Also apologise again if this is in the wrong place. Please move it to the right place if it is. Thanks again.
As far as the purpose of life goes, I believe the Lord has created a paradise for us and is teaching us how to live in that paradise (love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself).

As for being betrayed, I'm sure it's happened to everybody at some time in their lives, maybe multiple times. Yes, we get over it.

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Do you ever get over it?

Hi; John's First Epistle - short but intense - touches on deep themes such as light, life, walking in the light, and fellowship with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. It makes for very searching and settling reading.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,776.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes I have felt, and often do feel, like I didn't fit in. Actually though we are called to be holy and that means "set apart" and to be "a peculiar people." So f if you are feeling like you don't fit in and it is because of your faith, that is a good thing. We should not really want to fit into the world, by and large. The closer you get to the Father, the more strange you will seem to the world.

You get over betrayal by getting off the mental treadmill where you keep reflecting on what has been done to hurt you. (That is very bad for your immunological system, btw.) This take practice and, even when you feel you have let it go, you will have to push such thoughts away from time to time, again. This way you absolutely can "get over it."

Sometimes we don't' find our purpose in life, but are led to it. Just pray to be led to the Father's purpose for your life. I pray for these things for you, too.

Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I don't know where you are in your relationship with the Lord. This was the key for me, going through life doing things my way, and not His. When I learned that a person like me could have a personal relationship with Him, that changed my whole life! This is what He wants with you, for He numbered all your hairs on your head before you were born and has a plan for your life. The only way to figure out what that plan is, is to strengthen your personal walk with Him and He will teach you and guide you through the Holy Spirit what path you should be on. This isn't instantaneous, but requires you to reach out to Him in prayer, treat Him like a loving Father, pray to Him.

Praying for you brother!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Do you ever get over it?

THE ANSWER:
Don Watson

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes.. as some said.. I think most of us do.... whats the desire of your heart? WHERE do you think that desire came from? ALL good things come from Him... He LOVES to WANTS to give you the desire of your heart :) And fit in?.. never have :)

Forgive those people..love them.. give them hand them over to the Father in JESUS name.

And yes.. it goes away.. have FAITH in the Father through Christ.. KNOW He can not lie.. and HE IS FOR YOU! Not against you. NO matter WHAT you did or do.. HE WILL ALWAYS be FAITHFUL ALWAYS..even when we are not. Hes not some man.. He is not moved by feelings as we are. You are SO LOVED! He is not against you..but FOR YOU! Keep your mind on Him..for HE will keep you in perfect peace whos mind is stayed on Him!

Upvote 0