May 28, 2004
Visit site
✟3,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Lilly of the Valley,

As I think about your question, I ponder the following. God desires through salvation that our minds will be renewed to know Him. This transformation occurs through the washing of the water by the Word as we study and seek His face. It is by looking into this mirror or glass of the Word that we are changed into the image of Christ.

However, we are also referred to as the temple of God. By building ourselves up in the faith, we are more or less building a house or habitation for the Lord in ourselves.

Therefore, I believe that this Scripture, as well as others posted below, are demonstrating the process of salvation for us. We enter salvation by coming into a reverential acknowledgement of who God is and why we need Him; that is the beginning of wisdom as we become temples/house for God. However, it is through obedience to His word that our house is strengthened and established. It is His word that builds us up in the faith and strengthens us to face any storm. As our understanding increases, we come into a more intimate with God as we "know" Him and are joined to Him spiritually similar to the way that a husband and wife become one.

Ps 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Mt 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Just my thoughts!

Upvote 0
N

Netzari5730

"By Wisdom a House is built, in Understanding it is established, and with knowledge the chambers are filled with all precious and pleasant riches."

"By Wisdom a house is built", this may be seen as, "By Love a house is built" as it is written:

Ephesians 4
16from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying (That is: "the building up") of itself in love.

Love is the work of righteousness that we must do as believers. "Faith without works is dead" ~ "We are justified by faith, not of works". But what is it really? "Faith working through Love" Galatiyim/Galatians 5:6. Hence Love is the ultimate Wisdom.

God is Love, and so we see also, "By Wisdom/Love is a house built", may be seen as "By God is a house built". As it is written:

"Unless YHVH builds the house, those who build it labout in vain...etc"
T'hillim/Psalms 127:1a

By this we see that we must trust completely in our Creator to work in us and through us for His good pleasure. Not of our own will or strength, but as it is also written:

Zechariah 4:6

'Not by (your) might nor by (your) power, but by My Spirit,'
Says the LORD of hosts.

"In Understanding it is established", this may be seen as, "In Faith it is established", as it is written:

Colossians 2
7rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.

"With knowledge the chambers are filled with all precious and pleasant treasures". This may be seen in this manner: There is a two-fold manner of this Knowledge.

1 With knowledge itself are the chambers of our hearts and minds filled as we learn more and more of Messiah and our God.

and

2 With the knowledge we have acquired, we may judge if any new knowledge is of God or not, and then decide whether or not to keep it in our hearts and minds.

And what is to be done with this knowledge?

"Then He said to them, 'Therefore every scribe discipled into Mal'khuth ha Shamayim (Kingdom of the Heavens) is like the owner of a house who brings forth from his treasures things new and old.'" Mattith'yahu/Matthew 13:52

We are to pass on the things of God that we have learned. As it is written:

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Mattith'yahu/Matthew 28:19,20

In Yeshua...
Netzari5730

Upvote 0

HumbleBee

Jan 8, 2004
✟3,212.00
Faith
Christian
Lilly of the Valley said:
Prov. 24:3,4 "Through wisdom a house is built; by understanding it is established: and by knowledge shall it's chambers be filled w/ pleasant and precious riches."

Can anyone explain what this verse means or further explain it?
House could symbolize your life and relationships...building them on Christ and His principles will bring stability (established)! Because you know Jesus and follow Him diligently, your heart (chambers) will be filled with His fruits and true riches (what will last for eternity!) that have nothing to do with money.

Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Isaiah 33:5-6 The LORD is exalted, for He dwells on high; He will fill Zion with justice and righteousness. He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.