Boston, Mass.
✟8,250.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have to be able to run two miles in 16 minutes for a team I am trying out for two months. I currently run about a 9 minute mile :( How much better do you think I could get in two months, and any advice for my plan? I'm re-joining my old track team, but any other tips would be so wonderful.

crossrunner

Serving the Lord joyfully since 1981!
Aug 8, 2004
Raleigh, North Carolina
✟24,117.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think you can do it. You must train on a regular basis. Warm up, run, cool down and include at least 1 speed work out during the week. Pace your self and not go out the gate running as fast as you can cuz you'll burn out before the 2 miles is up. Save a little for the end and then turn it on as fast as you can. Good luck and Godspeed!

Upvote 0

fitmom

Senior Veteran
Mar 3, 2004
Regina
Visit site
✟12,454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ask a qualified personal Trainer to work with you. I train runners, in the off season we develop core/power and speed (for the experienced ones), for new runners just core and endurance. For speed we do drills and for speed and power some pliometrics. HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training is AWESOME> Warm up well, 1 minute as hard as you can go, one minute moderate, and build up from there. This can be done running, which in your case, would be best, or on any cardio machine. Make sure to cool down and stretch after your training session. If you use pliometric training, ensure at least a 48 hr. break between sessions. There are many ways to train to improve time. You are also very young, and may still be growing, make sure you are eating well and resting as much as a teenager needs (LOTS)! I own a teenager of my very own, who also loves to run. My teenager needs her rest, and lots of it! ;)

Upvote 0

Liefde

May 5, 2005
Boston, Mass.
✟8,250.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ahh I was mislead. I just found out today we must be able to do a mile in 7 minutes, I literly have 2 months now. Good luck to me, won't happen :( I have a new goal though, I want a 6:30 mile by next spring. I will do this I feel very modivated.

Upvote 0

D-Lisch

My Best Friend's Name Is Jesus
Jul 13, 2004
Washington
✟15,886.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
That's only one minute faster per mile... 15 seconds faster per lap... if you're on a 400m track. Just get out and run... exercise will build your endurance and some speed will get you ready to race. Just make sure you never lose sight of your 16 minute goal and you'll get there. Keep yourself in check with it and you'll do great!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums