Question for the Guys only, about makeup!

TheAnimal

Human Highlight Reel
Jun 30, 2010
✟15,214.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I know this isn't directed me, but given my affection for NARS at the moment I'd like to answer:

When I wear more dramatic makeup, I'm not expecting men to find me attractive. At best, I'm expecting women to notice and swoon over the pretty colours. If I were to do makeup with in the intention on only finding some man to pay me some attention, I'd probably go for a 'more toned', 'Me, but better' face. If I'm piling on the makeup, it's usually because I want to make a fashion statement; I don't really feel prettier with oranges on my eye, but I do feel prettier with the look I mentioned above or my everyday look.

Hope that makes some sense.

Exactly, if it makes you feel a little better about yourself, or cultivates a particular vogue that you want - do it, it isn't hurting anyone after all.

Upvote 0

Oddish

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD.
Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that celebrating feminity and making the most of what you have is a sign of being healthy in mind and body. It is a natural to want to look your best to feel better and there is nothing sinister behind it lol. Actually, a warning sign is when someone doesn't look after themselves...it can be a sign of depression.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm one of those guys that doesn't like makeup. I have seen both my wife (of course) and my female friends without any makeup and I think they look better (especially my wife). And yes, I have seen them all without a speck of makeup.

Particularly, I hate lipstick. I don't like it when it rubs off on me. I don't even use chapstick unless my lips are really dry. I don't like the way it feels.

My wife used to have a job that required makeup as a part of the uniform. I actually do know a little about the effects of colors in makeup, so I actually suggested she use a different color of eye shadow and several regular customers remarked how much it drew attention to her eyes that night.

Beyond that, I don't know much about makeup exactly, but I know I prefer it subtle if at all.

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

So heres my question for the guys: Do you like it when a female wears make up? Why?
Do you not like it when a female wears makeup? Why?

It really depends on the girl.

Some girls have a very natural beauty about them, and I tell them they look fine without it. Some can pull it off well, and it doesn't bother me too much.

Some, however, overdo it. An old high school friend of mine is a FB friend, and I constantly see her uploading pictures of herself with WAAAAY too much make-up (I mean Tammy Faye Baker level). I almost want to tell her how clownish it makes her look.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,609.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I hope that you didn't think that I was offended at all! lol. You don't need to explain. You are a pretty reasonable guy and it is good that you are honest. :)

Haha, no no no, but there were enough people in here that think it's horrible that somebody might actually want somebody based on their looks first :D ;)

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
So it seems like several people use makeup artistically, which I think I understand a bit better now, thanks! So people wear makeup not to impress anybody or to hide from anything, which was my impression until now! It's been enlightening for sure.

Well, if it's corrective makeup (concealer, foundation, colour-correcting), we are trying to hide something, but we're usually not trying to look like a whole different person. There's only so much makeup can do, especially when applied by the average woman to their own face.

Upvote 0