• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Question for Schizophrenics

norswede

Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I am trying to understand Schizophrenia:

For those of you who have hallucinations or delusions, First of all I would like to know if all of your delusions are paranormal or religious in nature. For instance do you usually see and hear spirits or voices of paranormal entities? If not, what do you usually see and hear?

And I would also like to know if your hallucinations and delusions scare you or not.

MannyQPassion

Aug 21, 2011
✟15,141.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I have been in denial about my schizophrenia for years but as im older and accepted Christ ive noticed drastic change in me to realize this.

It seems very religious to me I feel like im seeing colours - sort of like spiritual art but when I take my medicine its really not helping completely as I still see some sort of vivid hallucinations - they do not bother me at all...except when I dont take a small dose of my medicine and it seems to be VERY strong..honestly im just taking this in and I dont understand how this happen to me.ive always been mistreated and treated differently all my life so I think my parents also dont want to believe it..im 20 and ive been diagnosed with schizoeffectiveness, bipolar , borderline delusional, etc... I hope for answers on why or what sense this is happening to me like what causes it...is it really just mental illness or a demon and I do believe in Jesus so I am saved right? I have so many questions...i follow the word i am kind etc....i just want to make sure of these questions...it is indeed i feel some sort of depressing longing pain about it but nothing i cant handle

Upvote 0
Aug 5, 2010
Pennsylvania.
✟7,957.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

For those of you who have hallucinations or delusions, First of all I would like to know if all of your delusions are paranormal or religious in nature. For instance do you usually see and hear spirits or voices of paranormal entities? If not, what do you usually see and hear?

And I would also like to know if your hallucinations and delusions scare you or not.

For schizophrenia it does not have to be a delusion that is paranormal or religious in nature. It can be a delusion of any fancy in which the mind derives such fantasy. It could be a completely made up world in which the individual experiences, of any nature and of any substance. This world (delusion) can consist of anything in fantasy. The imagination is unbelievable and the hallucinations are "real" and extraordinary. A Schizo-hallucination I can smell, hear, taste, see and even touch my delusion--that is how real it becomes. I can hold a conversation with my hallucination, a convincing conversation and learn the depths of my own thought. How deep the human mind goes. Schizoprhrenia is a terrifyingly rich disorder. The depth of perception drives you mad. And that is what it is--madness. Personally, I'm SchizoAffective which is sort of different from Schizophrenia but it can be called a type of Schizophrenia. The thing with me is that I'm Affective, so I suffer from a mood disorder (which is a complicated thing that I suffer). The more my mood is affected, the more Schizophrenic I get. It's not depression. It's hard to explain. But that is what I suffer.

I experience whatever delusion my mind is set on, usually through obsession (which is the whole process of being deluded). If I'm obsessing over God I will see angels and spirits and demons in my hallucinations. I'm not usually an auditory Schizophrenic but I have had musical hallucinations. Musical hallucinations are just as they sound, I hear music playing where no music is playing. I see the most beautiful things that men should see but never will like angels flying (more like swimming) in the sky. I see crosses of lights in places. I'm truly blessed by what I see, sick or not. I've seen the Holy Ghost not as a dove but as an angelic Spirit.

I know I'm hallucinating but it is my experience and I know that not often do men get to see angels flying through the sky. So I am blessed to see such things and experience them.

It is my image that scares me. I don't like evil words or thoughts being inside me for any reason. And with a SchizoAffective mind you can't control your thoughts. It feels like an evil force is trying to take over your mind. It's scary because you know that you are wholly good but you can't control your thoughts and evil creeps in through words and it feels overpowering. That is perception for you. And that is madness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

forGod1

Jul 29, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟9,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

My form of Schizophrenia is "paranoid schizophrenia". You don't see anything, or literally hear anything. You have the voices and paranoid thoughts.. like the world is out to get you, etc. I think I got lucky.

Upvote 0

Icefloret

I Love Jesus!
Oct 9, 2011
Piqua, Ohio 45356
✟15,247.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have voices that talks to me in my mind. I thought i was possessed. And they teach me to do stuff and talk to me about things that are not realistic (not happening). And i saw some demon/ghosts too. And most of the time with the illness is about related to the religious subjects. And they are mean to me and god and others. One time i don't like about mine, is that it tried to make like someone is makeing me to change my faith and believe satan like its taking my faith away and direct me to satan. I kept fighting to keep it. I do know that Satan will try to steal faith.

Upvote 0

St. Paul

Jul 6, 2008
Michigan
✟9,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
My delusions are kind of weird. I'm sort of paranoid where I think people are out to get me. Don't ask me why I think they're "out to get me", I just think it and start panicking. I also at times believe secret messages are being sent to me. Whether on the radio or on TV. For example. I watch MSNBC from about 4-6 p.m. I'm not sure if this is real or a hallucination, but at times in the upper right hand of my screen it says "Lean Forward." It's not there the whole time, it just comes and goes randomly. It's freaking me out. So if someone could tune in to MSNBC sometime and see if their TV says the same thing, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Upvote 0

lincsman11

Oct 21, 2011
✟7,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For me it was not religious or spiritual at all, it was "telepathic" and hearing other's voices in my head. then after a while it was "the holy spirit" supposedly talking to me. I thought that it was for the longest time because other Christians thought that I was just hearing from the holy spirit.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
My delusions are kind of weird. I'm sort of paranoid where I think people are out to get me. Don't ask me why I think they're "out to get me", I just think it and start panicking. I also at times believe secret messages are being sent to me. Whether on the radio or on TV. For example. I watch MSNBC from about 4-6 p.m. I'm not sure if this is real or a hallucination, but at times in the upper right hand of my screen it says "Lean Forward." It's not there the whole time, it just comes and goes randomly. It's freaking me out. So if someone could tune in to MSNBC sometime and see if their TV says the same thing, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'll check out the message for you. It sounds interesting. I hope I can find MSNBC and check it out. I hope I don't get bored watching it. I hate watching politic channels like CNN.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 24, 2011
✟15,112.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
My Story.

Late December 2010 , I was diagnosed with psychosis very similar to schizophrenia I used to sin beacuse I liked it and it pleased me I was going down the wrong path I become very depressed and very suicidal I wanted to end my life and I was so close to doing it before I was going to commit suicide I got on my knees and prayed to jesus to help me.

3 Days Later - I felt a very refreshed person I wanted to spread gods word spread his love do good things for me and other people. I bought myself a bible and I read abit of it and for months I was going to church , and being a good person .

Present - my problems are very similar to Iceflorat
I hear voices and I feel harassed by satan. I feel satan is trying to take me away from jesus, I love jesus so much I believed he saved me and the world , satan tells me bad things and tries to insult jesus and the holy spirit and then I start questioning myself about my religion and my salvation I just have to keep telling satan in my mind jesus defeated you and jesus is the light and the way, then It goes away for a while but it really bugs me. It just goes round and round in circles day after day it is tiresome sometimes I feel like I have no faith . I feel like I have gone back a step before I was born again I will give you some examples , I dont feel content anymore I Havent been to church in a while I have been down . and I feel that satan is winning the battle over my mind I just want to be the person I was when I was first born again please could you help me.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
My Story.

Late December 2010 , I was diagnosed with psychosis very similar to schizophrenia I used to sin beacuse I liked it and it pleased me I was going down the wrong path I become very depressed and very suicidal I wanted to end my life and I was so close to doing it before I was going to commit suicide I got on my knees and prayed to jesus to help me.

3 Days Later - I felt a very refreshed person I wanted to spread gods word spread his love do good things for me and other people. I bought myself a bible and I read abit of it and for months I was going to church , and being a good person .

Present - my problems are very similar to Iceflorat
I hear voices and I feel harassed by satan. I feel satan is trying to take me away from jesus, I love jesus so much I believed he saved me and the world , satan tells me bad things and tries to insult jesus and the holy spirit and then I start questioning myself about my religion and my salvation I just have to keep telling satan in my mind jesus defeated you and jesus is the light and the way, then It goes away for a while but it really bugs me. It just goes round and round in circles day after day it is tiresome sometimes I feel like I have no faith . I feel like I have gone back a step before I was born again I will give you some examples , I dont feel content anymore I Havent been to church in a while I have been down . and I feel that satan is winning the battle over my mind I just want to be the person I was when I was first born again please could you help me.

I have one solution. Many people may step in and try to tell me different. But this solution helps me.

Amazon.com: Battlefield of the Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind (9780892968947): Joyce Meyer: Books

This book is written by Joyce Meyer. But she is right about the battle between satan and how to get your mind on track with God. Many people with pain, or broken reads this and ends up being healed. By the knowledge that it has. It tells you how to strengthen your defenses and fight back rewardingly. It's a must have, and it helped me a lot. I had so many questions, and it helped me understand my troubles in the past. I'm wanting to buy a copy for my sister someday for her to read.

Upvote 0

Icefloret

I Love Jesus!
Oct 9, 2011
Piqua, Ohio 45356
✟15,247.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yeah, it is scary. My thoughts where making everything appear different and hallucations i have look like ghosts and my voices talk like anyone i know or try to talk to me like they are a person of the Holy Ghost. And somethings An Angel. But, I get confused because the voices are not right. They teach me things that i know are wrong, if i was to do every little thing, they judge me that i'm wrong, stupid, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], and anything that puts me to a direction of sucide because the voices does not go away and does not stop. They always corner me and talk bad about Jesus and anybody i know and try to make me to hurt anybody and me.

The people study about schizophrenia and my doctors tell me its not real. And its the disorder. The pastors tell me its not real too. I tried to answers about it.

And they try to give me sexual visual hallucations. i find it gross for what it does. They even give me give me ideas on what the illness wants to hurt me. They tell me that is going to happen. But all of it is nothing but false predictions. The voices in my head tries to act like a guardian angels at times and tells me that it is Superior. But it does not have any place being there, its a voices in the that acts like a demon on a shoulder that has no place there. God did give us a guardian angels, but the voices in schizophrenia are not any angels that are sented to help us. They definitly don't acted like an angel at all. They are an act of evil.

The hallucations of ghosts. Mine are very rare. So i can't help you on that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums