marlowe007

Veteran
Dec 8, 2008
✟23,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What exactly is the point of Myspace anyway? A way of demonstrating you're too cool for Facebook?

Seriously, is there any point to it besides electronically jumping up and down squealing looka me, world!

Sorry but there's just something amusing and bemusing at a couple of million people standing on a regimented line and celebrating their unique specialness in a uniform manner.

Upvote 0

Aaliyah

Sep 5, 2009
✟7,916.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What exactly is the point of Myspace anyway? A way of demonstrating you're too cool for Facebook?

Seriously, is there any point to it besides electronically jumping up and down squealing looka me, world!

Sorry but there's just something amusing and bemusing at a couple of million people standing on a regimented line and celebrating their unique specialness in a uniform manner.

lol! I agree. I don't really like facebook though either. It's boring.

Upvote 0

LoneSheep

Thou, oh Lord are a shield for me
Apr 11, 2009
Pennsylvania
✟11,248.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That depends on who you are talking about. Some people use MySpace as a "hook up" website, some collect friends like baseball cards, etc.

I have a lot of women on my MySpace because it seems more women are active on those types of social networking sites.

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well if you were to look on my facebook, you'd see a good amount of provocatively dressed friends and all... Maybe to someone who doesn't know me they would think, why's he hang with people like that??? But to the people who know me, they know it's friends from my past that I want to keep around with hopes that I can reach out and help them and show them the love of Jesus. So you never know who their friends are, or why they are there.

Also, I have more female friends than male friends in real life and on the internet. I think that can be fairly common in itself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
What does it mean when somebody has a lot of friends of the opposite sex. Like a lot as in most of them are the opposite sex. Does that say something about the person? I think it does. What do you guys think?

If they're all bikini-clad, I think the answer is in the question. Sometimes, people just "collect" friends on Myspace or FB (to prove what, I don't know). Meh, just not my thing. Anyway.. this person could just be showing off that he knows (or thinks he knows/would like to know) some pretty hot ladies.

Upvote 0

* kittie *

Contributor
Oct 19, 2002
✟24,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thought the difference was facebook is for older and/or white people and myspace is for younger and/or everyone else.

I see mixed...although I'm thinking that perhaps more people have transitioned into using facebook due to it's ease. That and the usual "I hate myspace so I'll avoid it because I'm cool" attitude.

I know some older people who had myspace before facebook came out and still have it...they just don't care to switch over to fb cause really, all they care about keeping in touch with friends. Not so much which is better.

Upvote 0

IDDQD

Nov 2, 2005
✟3,613.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

Like Facebook, it's a place to post all of your photos of you partying. Like Facebook, your employer will look for them and find them. And like Facebook, your employer will fire you soon after that.

[:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.