• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Question about Genesis, Adam and Eve.

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by Lapinot, Nov 2, 2017.

1. ewq1938

ewq1938 Chewbacca kree! Supporter

+3,925
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Or no one added to anything and this is what God told to Eve, a conversation not recorded but only repeated by Eve at a later time. Never does God charge with adding to his commands regarding the tree and it's fruit.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  2. Doug Melven

Doug Melven Well-Known Member

+2,534
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    God told Adam what the law was.
    I don't believe God would have told Eve something different from what He told Adam.
    Man is the head of woman.
    Christ is the head of man.
    God is the head of Christ.

3. ewq1938

+3,925
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    That's fine but personal belief is not evidence.

4. Doug Melven

+2,534
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    How did your statement of an unrecorded conversation have more weight than what I said?
    Y

5. ewq1938

+3,925
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Because I have not made the claim that, "one of them added to God's Word". There is no evidence that anyone added anything to God's word. We have what God told Adam, then we have what Eve says God told both given to a writer by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. There is zero evidence to suggest what Eve said is not what she was told.

6. mmksparbud

mmksparbud Well-Known Member

+4,353
    United States
    SDA
    Widowed
    US-Others
    Like it matters??! You can't eat it without touching it!

7. Doug Melven

+2,534
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Satan made Eve doubt God's word, saying she wouldn't die if she ate.
    Now she was doubting what God said and then she took the next step, she handled it.
    And then when she touched it, and she didn't die, she then started to examine it.
    She saw it was pleasing to the eye - lust of the eyes
    She saw that it was good for food - lust of the flesh
    she saw that it could make one wise - exalting herself would be the pride of life.

Now look at James 1
    1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
    1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
    1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Eve was drawn away of her own lust when she took that first step.

8. tz620q

tz620q Regular Member Supporter

+558
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    I've always been taught that 3. is that you do it of your own free will. In other words, someone isn't holding a shotgun to your head making you sin.

9. tz620q

tz620q Regular Member Supporter

+558
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Then, since there is no record in the Bible of Adam and Eve having children before the fall, they must have eaten of the tree of knowledge of good and evil on a Tuesday (two sins for the price of one).:idea:

10. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+11,632
    Canada
    Freethinker
    Married
    Yes, that should have been a part of my post. Thank you.

11. omega2xx

omega2xx Active Member Supporter

+101
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Widowed
    The did fulfill God's first law, so they did not sin about it.

12. dreadnought

dreadnought Lip service isn't really service. Supporter

+3,395
    United States
    United Methodist
    Celibate
    My own personal interpretation is that "knowing about good and evil" refers to our passing judgment on people. We are advised to resist doing that, though sometimes, such as in a court of law, I don't see how it can be avoided.