U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
husband went out of town to an inside gathering of people who live in several different states
some of them don't wear masks & are unvaccinated

I asked him to quarantine when he gets back

am I going overboard to make him spend hundreds of dollars at a hotel?

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,186.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
how does one quarantine in a house when they get up for work @ 4:30 in morn, use the bathroom, kitchen, and go in and out of same door as other family members?

if in basement still have to go through kitchen & up to second floor to shower

tests are not accurate
he's not going to miss his dad's "celebration of life"
so it seems hotel is best option
It seems you already have your mind made up. You don't need our permission or approval.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Note that a hotel also carries some risk. There are hotel staff in the building, and other guests, and they will be at risk if he leaves his room during his stay.

It sounds like you and he have been having an ongoing argument about this, and you'll have to settle it yourselves; I don't want to step into it.

But if he does stay in the house during the next couple of weeks, you could take the same kinds of precautions that we're all taking at work, when we don't know who might be an asymptomatic carrier. Wear masks at all times indoors. Keep some windows open, even if it's chilly. Wipe down frequently-touched surfaces, like doorknobs and faucet handles. After 10 days or so, if no one in the family has tested positive, you can relax the precautions. I assume you're all vaccinated already; if not, get vaccinated ASAP.

We should all have a plan like this in our heads in case someone in our family gets COVID. Until this epidemic is over, it remains a possibility, even for those of us who are vaccinated.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like you and he have been having an ongoing argument about this, and you'll have to settle it yourselves; I don't want to step into it.

why do you think it's an argument?

he booked a hotel when I asked him to quarantine

he's still out of town
he emailed some pics & people weren't wearing masks

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Knowing someone currently dying from covid has caused me to step back and reassess a bit.

After reassessing, I'm pretty much where I was before: letting the statistics lead my risk analysis.

So for me an initial quarantine and rapid test seems reasonable.

• Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0