Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I've lived in the UK where its not obligatory and I'm now Australian and it's compulsory down here. There are good arguments for both systems which I won't go into now. But I would seriously consider a system whereby you couldn't vote until you had passed (or at least attended) a basic political history course. The stated policies of each party could be discussed in a non partisan manner so that at least you'd have an idea who youbwere voting for.

Probaby a pipe dream. But democracy as we all generally experience it has a lot to be desired.
Yep, too good to be true. Lol

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Qanon is growing like a weed, attracting followers from every quarter. And while many if not most of it's conspiracy theories are pure lunacy it's basic belief that we are being divided against each other seems credible.

So what's the attraction.

To not realize the horrific nature of our problems is to be deliberately blind to the them, problems that have rather simple solutions but somehow have been tortured into frustratingly absurd shapes by those charged with their solutions, or those who profit from them. This frustration (with the obvious) fuels the need for an demonstrative outlet, and Qanon is an attractive outlet for those who 'sigh and cry' over these problems.

Can we believe Qanon is growing? because we all know how accurate political news is today, and how the news outlets are never used to alter people's perception of reality in order to achieve a particular political goal. The news exists to manufacture imaginary consent and Q or Qanon is a bogeyman.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0