✟1,466,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. Really.
I simply don’t see it as a “personal” issue. Maybe I was a complete a-hole, but if the podcast is still available, that is highly irrelevant. I understand a person blocking me because they don’t like me personally. I don’t understand a content control officer allowing that kind of promotion to young people. IOW, it’s not about me or my delivery, or how “I” handle the issue. If he had blocked me AND had the podcast taken down, I would at least have thought that he was upholding Orthodox morality. As it is, that is obviously not the case. THAT, and the other content issues pointed out by others which similarly are not acted on, is why I have distanced myself from AFR and feel compelled to criticize the ministry.
I can’t speak to why it’s still up. it’s certainly not promoted actively. all I was pointing out was why he blocked you. it wasn’t because he doesn’t like you (as he doesn’t know you).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,737.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And I can’t believe that the CF system is changing my attempt to say “p0r*no*graph*y to a ridiculous euphemism.
"The modern world is not evil; in some ways, the modern world is far too good. It is full of wild and wasted virtues. When a religious scheme is shattered ... it is not merely the vices that are let loose. The vices are, indeed, let loose, and they wander and do damage. But the virtues are let loose also; and the virtues wander more wildly, and the virtues do more terrible damage." - G.K.C.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,670.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Since I'm apparently being dragged into this, I will say that my hitting the "like" button is an appreciation of Fr Matt's handling of this and empathy and respect for Fr Andrew's response. And while I do not hold to DBH's universalist views, I definitely don't want anybody to be in a bad place. Hope that helps. Have a nice day.
Hi, gz,
The one thing that will help is if we all submit our opinions and ideas to the correction of the historical Church. That means trusting the fathers of the Church in their consensus, what most or nearly all of them generally agreed upon, as much and more than the teachings of living or recently-died hierarchs of our time.And we must reject this neo-gnosticism, the idea that the passing knowledge and science of this world can correct and change the historical (as opposed to what we personally learn or haven’t learned in the Church) understandings of the Church. That would really help. Nothing else will help, and no day will be nice without that. This ancient Institution knows better than you or I, and has the authority to teach and correct us through divine revelation and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0