Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Qanon is growing like a weed, attracting followers from every quarter. And while many if not most of it's conspiracy theories are pure lunacy it's basic belief that we are being divided against each other seems credible.

So what's the attraction.

To not realize the horrific nature of our problems is to be deliberately blind to the them, problems that have rather simple solutions but somehow have been tortured into frustratingly absurd shapes by those charged with their solutions, or those who profit from them. This frustration (with the obvious) fuels the need for an demonstrative outlet, and Qanon is an attractive outlet for those who 'sigh and cry' over these problems.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you don't mind me asking.. can you give me a clear summary of what Qanon believers believe? Honestly I'm pretty in the dark about it.. and many other posters here might be too.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you don't mind me asking.. can you give me a clear summary of what Qanon believers believe? Honestly I'm pretty in the dark about it.. and many other posters here might be too.

Best to google the topic. Too much for me to rehearse here. Lots of info out there.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,161,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Haha
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ahhh man.. I wanted The Old Wise Guy take.. :(

I'm just an observer of the phenomenon. While I agree with some of it I don't identify with them.

I'm like Sam Kinison: "I don't condone it...but I understand it."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

honestal

Mar 27, 2021
Midwest
✟31,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi MehGuy,

I'm not at all into it, but here's a general description of what QAnon believers believe (you can find this basic description on both liberal and conservative sites):

"...a person claiming to be a highly placed government official -- who went by the name Q Clearance Patriot -- began posting in 2017. He soon gained followers with his claims -- called "Q Drops" -- about how child traffickers and Satan worshippers were seeking to undermine President Trump with the help of global elites in the U.S. and abroad...

"
While the number of QAnon supporters is hard to judge, it appears the fringe group has seen a surge in popularity in 2020. A December NPR poll found that 17% of Americans agreed with the statement, "A group of Satan-worshipping elites who run a child sex ring are trying to control our politics and media."

(QAnon isn't "a group of Satan-worshipping elites." QAnon (people) believe there's "a group of Satan-worshipping elites who run a child sex ring" and "control our politics and media.")

• Informative
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It can be amusing listening to these people spout such nonsense. Until you realize that they can vote. Then I become somewhat depressed.

Exactly, that’s why we non-QAnon must get out and vote and encourage other non-QAnon to do likewise. At least here in the U.S. being we don’t have compulsory voting as ya’ll do.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It's Ong's Hat on a massive scale driven to a deliberate and manipulative end rather than as artistic experiment for fun. Possible it started that way, but these things take lives of their own. Lies always do. They are living things.

How Do You Start a Conspiracy Theory?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A December NPR poll found that 17% of Americans agreed with the statement, "A group of Satan-worshipping elites who run a child sex ring are trying to control our politics and media."

More like 17 percent of those selected by the NPR poll agreed with the statement. ;)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
More like 17 percent of those selected by the NPR poll agreed with the statement.

True - I'm guessing if the Frank's Pillow-Talk site ever got off the ground, selected people for a poll and asked them the question he could have gotten somewhere in the high 85's? (or, whatever number he wanted to get)

https://frankspeech.com/

Do you have an opinion on what a representative # might be? somewhere around 10-15% on national average would be my guess, higher in different demographics than others.

Also though kinda depends on how a person is feeling when they fill out a poll. "Agreed with" could mean anything from "yeah that's true! we have to get the word out! I'm on my way to a pizza shop to free the hostages!" to "yes I listen to people say this all the time so it must be true because Jesus loves Trump and this makes everything make sense" to "makes me chuckle when I read the question because I hate democrats and they are pro-abortion anyway so this really isn't too much of a stretch". I have less problem with the latter than the former.

I did once run into a homeless street kid outside a 7-11 in my local town who claimed to have been trafficked as part of the ring. It was raining, he had a waterlogged Bible. Must have been about a year ago. 3 possibilities there (not even considering mental illness/delusions)

a) everything he told me was true
b) he knew that anyone in Q-Anon or partially sympathetic to considering their views to be true would believe that everything he told me was true and would be a good con for money/support/sympathy
c) he was trying to open the door to prostituting himself for money by telling the story of being used to things like that

i listened for a while, leaning pretty strong towards b) and/or b) and c). Gave him directions to the local Rescue Missions which are pretty good here.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True - I'm guessing if the Frank's Pillow-Talk site ever got off the ground, selected people for a poll and asked them the question he could have gotten somewhere in the high 85's? (or, whatever number he wanted to get)

https://frankspeech.com/

Do you have an opinion on what a representative # might be? somewhere around 10-15% on national average would be my guess, higher in different demographics than others.

Also though kinda depends on how a person is feeling when they fill out a poll. "Agreed with" could mean anything from "yeah that's true! we have to get the word out! I'm on my way to a pizza shop to free the hostages!" to "yes I listen to people say this all the time so it must be true because Jesus loves Trump and this makes everything make sense" to "makes me chuckle when I read the question because I hate democrats and they are pro-abortion anyway so this really isn't too much of a stretch". I have less problem with the latter than the former.

I did once run into a homeless street kid outside a 7-11 in my local town who claimed to have been trafficked as part of the ring. It was raining, he had a waterlogged Bible. Must have been about a year ago. 3 possibilities there (not even considering mental illness/delusions)

a) everything he told me was true
b) he knew that anyone in Q-Anon or partially sympathetic to considering their views to be true would believe that everything he told me was true and would be a good con for money/support/sympathy
c) he was trying to open the door to prostituting himself for money by telling the story

i listened for a while, leaning pretty strong towards b) and/or b) and c). Gave him directions to the local Rescue Missions which are pretty good here.

I think many such sympathizers are just desperate to do something to save the country from these onerous liberal policies, and Qanon is about the only game in town.

• Agree
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Qanon is about the only game in town.

It's the most extreme one - they get to be 100% hero (and their heros get to be 100% heros) vs 100% villain when they play this game; that's the attraction. And obviously, that's the danger.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's the most extreme one - they get to be 100% hero (and their heros get to be 100% heros) vs 100% villain when they play this game; that's the attraction. And obviously, that's the danger.

The real power lies with the individual, not groups like Qanon (although they really aren't an 'organization' as such). Sadly most individuals are unaware of their real power, the "power of the purse".

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Qanon is a false messiah as we were warned about and so is David Icke. Both are actually right in exposing the Satanic nature of the Illuminati, and their objectives. Both have a different gospel as Icke teaches new age enlightenment is the answer and brings up so many heretical ideas that people are open too because for 30 years events are tracking on the arc he has predicted.
Qanon is talking about a secret resistance and unseen wars with a promised victory over the NWO elites. This is a great hope of many and both of these guys do not agree with the Bible teaching that indeed a NWO is in place when the antichrist comes.
The wild claims made get most to think the whole thing is whack and in reality there are real groups committed to this agenda with great power who have been involved with all the satanic things they are accused off. As soon as Epstein was arrested many of these people warned Epstein was sure to killed in jail and would never be able to testify. So the crazier Q sounds the more people will reject the true things q exposes. This technique is called controlling the opposition.
This is what happened during the McCarthy era where many communist did in fact infiltrate high positions of power and influence. McCarthy was labeled a with hunt and people stopped worrying about communist taking over our schools, media and advancing in politics. Qanon is working for the NWO to keep most people out of looking into the dark claims.

Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi Qanon is a false messiah as we were warned about and so is David Icke. Both are actually right in exposing the Satanic nature of the Illuminati, and their objectives. Both have a different gospel as Icke teaches new age enlightenment is the answer and brings up so many heretical ideas that people are open too because for 30 years events are tracking on the arc he has predicted.
Qanon is talking about a secret resistance and unseen wars with a promised victory over the NWO elites. This is a great hope of many and both of these guys do not agree with the Bible teaching that indeed a NWO is in place when the antichrist comes.
The wild claims made get most to think the whole thing is whack and in reality there are real groups committed to this agenda with great power who have been involved with all the satanic things they are accused off. As soon as Epstein was arrested many of these people warned Epstein was sure to killed in jail and would never be able to testify. So the crazier Q sounds the more people will reject the true things q exposes. This technique is called controlling the opposition.
This is what happened during the McCarthy era where many communist did in fact infiltrate high positions of power and influence. McCarthy was labeled a with hunt and people stopped worrying about communist taking over our schools, media and advancing in politics. Qanon is working for the NWO to keep most people out of looking into the dark claims.

Good points. Distraction is a big problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The thing Q sells is hope and most patriots and all had their hopes set on Trump staying of power and some either consciously or unconsciously know that there is a good chance the nation will not survive 4 years of this administration. The World Economic Forum is actively promoting the global reset and is in lockstep with the UN on all the key issues. Their policy and integration of all issues is astounding if you do some research it is the most comprehensive integrated site I have ever seen. You have so many of the western world leaders on board with this agenda too. Now the current order must fail for the build back better idea to come about. Rev 6 shows peace taken from the earth at a time when a days wage is a quart of wheat on a global scale. The prices are rising and the free money and deficit are rising. If the dollar collapses that will bring in Rev 6 conditions on a global basis. The Christian solution is to hold on to the joy of the LORD and remember He said not to be afraid or deceived. We need stand on the eternal hope and repent of our sins and share the gospel. All these events have many losing the peace that hte world gives but the peace of Jesus gives is different. We need to understand the times we are living in and the momentum and directions global events are taking.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I will try to explain as the source did.

There is 'Q'. 1
There are 'Anons'. 2
There is no 'Qanon'. 3
Media labeling as 'Qanon' is a method [deliberate] to combine'Q' to comments _theories _suggestions _statements and ACTIONS made by 2.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CANNOT ATTACK THE INFORMATION[primary source 1?
DO YOU ATTACK & TYPECAST THROUGH USE OF OTHERS?
Not all 'Anons' are authentic (injected).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,180.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, that’s why we non-QAnon must get out and vote and encourage other non-QAnon to do likewise. At least here in the U.S. being we don’t have compulsory voting as ya’ll do.

I've lived in the UK where its not obligatory and I'm now Australian and it's compulsory down here. There are good arguments for both systems which I won't go into now. But I would seriously consider a system whereby you couldn't vote until you had passed (or at least attended) a basic political history course. The stated policies of each party could be discussed in a non partisan manner so that at least you'd have an idea who youbwere voting for.

Probaby a pipe dream. But democracy as we all generally experience it has a lot to be desired.

Upvote 0