✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
SHABBAT (Sabbath)

" Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant." (Exodus 31:16)

PESACH (Passover)

“And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to YHWH throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance FOREVER.” (Exodus 12:14)

HAG MATZOT (Unleavened Bread)

“And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance FOREVER.” (Exodus 12:17)

BIKKURIM (Feast of First Fruits)

You shall eat neither bread nor parched grain nor fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your God; it shall be a statute FOREVER throughout your generations in all your dwellings (Leviticus 23:14)

SHAVUOT (Feast of Weeks)

“And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute FOREVER in all your dwellings throughout your generations.” (Leviticus 23:21)

YOM TERUAH (Feast of Trumpets)

The sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow the trumpets; and these shall be to you as an ordinance FOREVER throughout your generations. (Numbers 10:8)

YOM KIPPUR (Day of Atonement)

Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute FOREVER throughout your generations in all your dwellings. (Leviticus 23:31)

FEAST OF TABERNACLES (Booths / Sukkot)

And ye shall keep it a feast unto YHWH seven days in the year. It shall be a statute FOREVER in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month.(Leviticus 23:41)

Strawman? Who said that the above have been abolished? I have posted right from the start that all the above including all the laws for remission of sins are fulfilled and continued in Christ to who they point to and his plan of salvation under the new covenant. I think this is the point you are ignoring from the scriptures and where your mistake or misunderstanding lies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Strawman? Who said that the above at not continued in Christ and his plan of salvation under the new covenant? Not me.

So I take it that you honor all of YHWH's eternal Moedim?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@HARK!

RE: Your post # 1105 linked

Please don't pull my quotes from context to our discussion to try and make them say things that they have never said. If you need clarification feel free to ask so there is no misunderstandings in the discussion. You know my references you posted were to our discussion to the scriptures in the law and the prophets that were talking about the first coming of Christ not the second coming. You also know that I already said that the second coming has not taken place and has not yet been fulfilled. Why pretend that I was saying things that I have never said?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So I take it that you honor all of YHWH's eternal Moedim?
I do. I live in the new covenant and have left the "shadow laws" of the old covenant that point to and are fulfilled and continued in Christ under the new covenant. Christ is now my Great High Priest and Gods' sacrifice the sins of the world once and for all. He ministers on my behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary that the Lord pitched and not man of which the earthly was only a copy and His covenant is now based on better promises *Hebrews 8:1-6. As posted earlier please see Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22. In the new covenant we are to purge out therefore the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, as you are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. - 1 Corinthians 5:7-8. Time to leave the shadows dear friend because Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. There is now no more forgiveness of sins in animal sacrifices from Levite Priests in an earthly Sanctuary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I do. I live in the new covenant. Christ is my Great High Priest and Gods' sacrifice the sins of the world once and for all. He ministers on my behalf in the Heavenly Sanctuary that the Lord pitched and not man based on better promises *Hebrews 8:1-6. As posted earlier please see Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22. Time to leave the shadows dear friend Jesus has arrived. In the new covenant we are to purge out therefore the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, as you are unleavened. For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. - 1 Corinthians 5:7-8.

Which calendar do you follow?

I would have hoped that you would have been familiar enough with scripture to understand that there is a strong distinction between the roles of the High Priest, the Priests, and the rest of Israel in general, in YHWH's eternal Moedim.

I would have also hoped that you would have been familiar enough with scripture to realize that most of YHWH's eternal Moedim are not centered on a sin sacrifice.

One definition of Moed is rehearsal. Another is appointment. We are to learn from these rehearsals. They point to what is to come. Pesach has been fulfilled twice. Do you understand the parallels of their fulfillments?

I created a series which might help you get a better understanding of this subject, here:

YHWH's Table (Part 1)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Which calendar do you follow?

I would have hoped that you would have been familiar enough with scripture to understand that there is a strong distinction between the roles of the High Priest, the Priests, and the rest of Israel in general, in YHWH's eternal Moedim.

I would have also hoped that you would have been familiar enough with scripture to realize that most of YHWH's eternal Moedim are not centered on a sin sacrifice.

I created a series which might help you get a better understanding of this subject, here:

YHWH's Table (Part 1)

Why? Do you know a good Levite Priest that can offer up animal sacrifices and sin offerings in an earthly Sanctuary? Perhaps you should become more familiar with the scriptures in regards to Yom Kippur and the cleansing of the Sanctuary from sin or what the Passover sacrifice points to. I think we have had this discussion once before and shared the scriptures. Happy to share them again if you like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Why? Do you know a good Levite Priest that can offer up animal sacrifices and sin offerings in an earthly Sanctuary? Your living in the shadows and denying God's sacrifice for the sins of the world once and for all *Hebrews 8:1-6.

It seems that you don't understand what you are asking.

Again, this series might help you:

YHWH's Table (Part 1)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It seems that you don't understand what you are asking. Again, this series might help you: YHWH's Table (Part 1)

Thank you, but I understand very well what I am asking. None of the old testament Feasts can properly take place according to the old covenant scriptures without a Levite Priest, animal sacrifices and sin offerings and an earthly Sanctuary can they? I thought you would know the scriptures better than this HARK!? Let's thank God we are in the new covenant now not the old covenant based on better promises *Hebrews 8:1-13.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you, but I understand very well what I am asking. None of the old testament Feasts can properly take place according to the old covenant scriptures without a Levite Priest, animal sacrifices and sin offerings and an earthly Sanctuary can they? I thought you would not the scriptures better than this HARK!? Let's thank God we are in the new covenant now not the old covenant.

You might want to break these factors down one by one.

In short, you are incorrect.

Where is your Levite Priest, to make the "sacrifice" for your sabbath; or do you slaughter the lambs yourself?

Continued from: YHWH's Table (Part 6)

In our last study, we summarized the previous studies; and we looked to Leviticus 23 to provide more insight into what is presented at YHWH's table.

We will begin this segment of our study with the Sabbath.

To date I have only found two passages concerning the Sabbath and YHWH's table. If anyone knows of any more; please share them.

Let's begin with Leviticus 24.

(CLV) Lv 24:1
Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying:

(CLV) Lv 24:2
Instruct the sons of Israel that they should take to you clear olive oil, pounded, for the luminary, to kindle the lamp regularly.

(CLV) Lv 24:3
Outside the curtain of the testimony in the tent of appointment Aaron and his sons shall arrange it from evening until morning before Yahweh regularly. It shall be an eonian statute throughout your generations.

(CLV) Lv 24:4
On the pure lampstand shall he arrange the lamps before Yahweh regularly.

(CLV) Lv 24:5
You will take flour and bake of it twelve perforated cakes. Two tenths of an ephah shall there be for one perforated cake.

(CLV) Lv 24:6
And you will place them in two arrays, six to the array, on the pure table before Yahweh.

(CLV) Lv 24:7
You will put along each array clear frankincense, and it will be used instead of the bread as a memorial portion, a fire offering to Yahweh.

(CLV) Lv 24:8
Sabbath day by sabbath day shall he arrange it before Yahweh regularly on behalf of the sons of Israel, an eonian covenant.

(CLV) Lv 24:9
It will be for Aaron and for his sons, and they will eat it in a holy place, for it is a holy of holies for him from the fire offerings of Yahweh. It is an eonian statute.

The reference to fire lead me to belive that this came from YHWH's table. We also have that word "memorial again.
See: YHWH's Table (Part 2)

No mention of blood, he-lamb, nor sin here.

Let's move onto Numbers 28.

(CLV) Num 28:9
On the sabbath day you shall bring near two flawless year-old he-lambs, and two tenths of an ephah of flour, an approach present (מנחה) mingled with oil, with its libation.

(מנחה) mincha H4503 which means present, or gift.

(CLV) Num 28:10
This is the sabbath ascent (עלה) offering on its sabbath along with the regular ascent offering with its libation.

(עלה) olah H5930 which means ascent.

I will cover this chapter in depth in Part 14 of this series; but for now, let's continue with our in depth study of each of the appointments outlined in Leviticus 23.

For now we have the flawless he lambs and the Anointed Priest, but no mention of sacrifice, sin, pardon.

YHWH's Table (Part 8)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Thank you, but I understand very well what I am asking. None of the old testament Feasts can properly take place according to the old covenant scriptures without a Levite Priest, animal sacrifices and sin offerings and an earthly Sanctuary can they? I thought you would not the scriptures better than this HARK!? Let's thank God we are in the new covenant now not the old covenant.
Your response....
You might want to break these factors down one by one. In short, you are incorrect.

Really HARK!? So what scripture did you provide above that says a Levite Priest, animal sacrifices and sin offerings and an earthly Sanctuary are not required for the old covenant annual Feast days? - Not a single one. You may want to study the subject matter a little further.

Below are many of the annual Feast days and their required offerings including the continual daily burnt offering, the Sabbath offerings, the new moon offerings etc. This is not exhaustive as I would not be able to fit all the scriptures in but if you read the scriptures provided you will see that animal sacrifices, sin offerings for atonement, a Levite Priest as well as an earthly Sanctuary were all a requirement for the annual Feast days of the old covenant.

The Continual Burnt Offering (daily)

Numbers 28:3-8 [3], And thou shalt say unto them, This is the offering made by fire which ye shall offer unto the LORD; two lambs of the first year without spot day by day, for a continual burnt offering. [4], The one lamb shalt thou offer in the morning, and the other lamb shalt thou offer at even [5], And a tenth part of an ephah of flour for a meat offering, mingled with the fourth part of an hin of beaten oil. [6], It is a continual burnt offering, which was ordained in mount Sinai for a sweet savour, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD. [7], And the drink offering thereof shall be the fourth part of an hin for the one lamb: in the holy place shalt thou cause the strong wine to be poured unto the LORD for a drink offering. [8], And the other lamb shalt thou offer at even: as the meat offering of the morning, and as the drink offering thereof, thou shalt offer it, a sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Sabbath offerings (weekly)

Numbers 28:9-10 [9], And on the sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, and the drink offering thereof:
[10], This is the burnt offering of every sabbath, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

New Moon offerings (Monthly animal sacrifice)

Numbers 28:11-13 [11], And in the beginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot;
[12], And three tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one bullock; and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one ram; [13], And a several tenth deal of flour mingled with oil for a meat offering unto one lamb; for a burnt offering of a sweet savoir, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD. [14], And their drink offerings shall be half an hin of wine unto a bullock, and the third part of an hin unto a ram, and a fourth part of an hin unto a lamb: this is the burnt offering of every month throughout the months of the year. [15], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering unto the LORD shall be offered, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

Passover/Unleavened Bread (Passover animal sacrifices)

Numbers 28:11-24 [11], And in the beginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot;
[12], And three tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one bullock; and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one ram; [13], And a several tenth deal of flour mingled with oil for a meat offering unto one lamb; for a burnt offering of a sweet savoir, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD. [14], And their drink offerings shall be half an hin of wine unto a bullock, and the third part of an hin unto a ram, and a fourth part of an hin unto a lamb: this is the burnt offering of every month throughout the months of the year. [15], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering unto the LORD shall be offered, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering. [16], And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the LORD. [17], And in the fifteenth day of this month is the feast: seven days shall unleavened bread be eaten.
[18], In the first day shall be an holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work therein: [19], But ye shall offer a sacrifice made by fire for a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, and seven lambs of the first year: they shall be unto you without blemish: [20], And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil: three tenth deals shall ye offer for a bullock, and two tenth deals for a ram;
[21], A several tenth deal shalt thou offer for every lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
[22], And one goat for a sin offering, to make an atonement for you.
[23], Ye shall offer these beside the burnt offering in the morning, which is for a continual burnt offering. [24], After this manner ye shall offer daily, throughout the seven days, the meat of the sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savoir unto the LORD: it shall be offered beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.[25], And on the seventh day ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work.

Day of First Fruits (animal sacrifices)

Numbers 28:26-31 [26], Also in the day of the firstfruits, when ye bring a new meat offering unto the LORD, after your weeks be out, ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work: [27], But ye shall offer the burnt offering for a sweet savour unto the LORD; two young bullocks, one ram, seven lambs of the first year; [28], And their meat offering of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals unto one bullock, two tenth deals unto one ram, [29], A several tenth deal unto one lamb, throughout the seven lambs; [30], And one kid of the goats, to make an atonement for you. [31], Ye shall offer them beside the continual burnt offering, and his meat offering, (they shall be unto you without blemish) and their drink offerings.

Feast of Trumpet
(Prior to the Day of Atonement; animal sacrifices and High Priest)

Numbers 29:1-6
[1], And in the seventh month, on the first day of the month, ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work: it is a day of blowing the trumpets unto you.
[2], And ye shall offer a burnt offering for a sweet savoir unto the LORD; one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year without blemish:
[3], And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals for a bullock, and two tenth deals for a ram,
[4], And one tenth deal for one lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
[5], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering, to make an atonement for you:
[6], Beside the burnt offering of the month, and his meat offering, and the daily burnt offering, and his meat offering, and their drink offerings, according unto their manner, for a sweet savoir, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD.

Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur; animal sacrifices and High Priest)

Leviticus 16:5-10, 20-22 [5] From the Israelite community he is to take two male goats for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering. [6] “Aaron is to offer the bull for his own sin offering to make atonement for himself and his household. [7] Then he is to take the two goats and present them before the Lord at the entrance to the tent of meeting. [8] He is to cast lots for the two goats—one lot for the Lord and the other for the scapegoat. 9 Aaron shall bring the goat whose lot falls to the Lord and sacrifice it for a sin offering. [10] But the goat chosen by lot as the scapegoat shall be presented alive before the Lord to be used for making atonement by sending it into the wilderness as a scapegoat ....[20] “When Aaron has finished making atonement for the Most Holy Place, the tent of meeting and the altar, he shall bring forward the live goat. [21] He is to lay both hands on the head of the live goat and confess over it all the wickedness and rebellion of the Israelites—all their sins—and put them on the goat’s head. He shall send the goat away into the wilderness in the care of someone appointed for the task. [22] The goat will carry on itself all their sins to a remote place; and the man shall release it in the wilderness.

Numbers 29:7-11
[7], And ye shall have on the tenth day of this seventh month an holy convocation; and ye shall afflict your souls: ye shall not do any work therein:
[8], But ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD for a sweet savour; one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year; they shall be unto you without blemish:
[9], And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals to a bullock, and two tenth deals to one ram,
[10], A several tenth deal for one lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
[11], One kid of the goats for a sin offering; beside the sin offering of atonement, and the continual burnt offering, and the meat offering of it, and their drink offerings.

Feast of Tabernacles (Feast of booths; animal sacrifice)

Numbers 29:12-40 [12], And on the fifteenth day of the seventh month ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work, and ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days:[13], And ye shall offer a burnt offering, a sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD; thirteen young bullocks, two rams, and fourteen lambs of the first year; they shall be without blemish: [14], And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals unto every bullock of the thirteen bullocks, two tenth deals to each ram of the two rams, [15], And a several tenth deal to each lamb of the fourteen lambs: [16], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, his meat offering, and his drink offering. [17], And on the second day ye shall offer twelve young bullocks, two rams, fourteen lambs of the first year without spot: [18], And their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [19], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, and the meat offering thereof, and their drink offerings. [20], And on the third day eleven bullocks, two rams, fourteen lambs of the first year without blemish; [21], And their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [22], And one goat for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, and his meat offering, and his drink offering. [23], And on the fourth day ten bullocks, two rams, and fourteen lambs of the first year without blemish: [24], Their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [25], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, his meat offering, and his drink offering. [26], And on the fifth day nine bullocks, two rams, and fourteen lambs of the first year without spot:[27], And their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [28], And one goat for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, and his meat offering, and his drink offering. [29], And on the sixth day eight bullocks, two rams, and fourteen lambs of the first year without blemish: [30], And their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [31], And one goat for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, his meat offering, and his drink offering. [32], And on the seventh day seven bullocks, two rams, and fourteen lambs of the first year without blemish: [33], And their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [34], And one goat for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, his meat offering, and his drink offering. [35], On the eighth day ye shall have a solemn assembly: ye shall do no servile work therein:[36], But ye shall offer a burnt offering, a sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savoir unto the LORD: one bullock, one ram, seven lambs of the first year without blemish: [37], Their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullock, for the ram, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [38], And one goat for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, and his meat offering, and his drink offering. [39], These things ye shall do unto the LORD in your set feasts, beside your vows, and your freewill offerings, for your burnt offerings, and for your meat offerings, and for your drink offerings, and for your peace offerings. [40], And Moses told the children of Israel according to all that the LORD commanded Moses.

As shown above the Levitical laws for remission of sins and animal sacrifice were also a very important part of the annual Feast days that not only required animal sacrifice but also a Levite Priest and an earthly Sanctuary. So HARK! let's get real. Unless you have do animal sacrifices and have your self a Levite Priest and an earthly Sanctuary you are not following the old covenant Feast days. That is the reason why I asked you earlier do you offer up animal sacrifices every time you sin with a Levite Priest in an earthly Sanctuary. Does that make sense now?

Hope this is helpful.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Your response....

Really HARK!? So what scripture did you provide above that says a Levite Priest, animal sacrifices and sin offerings and an earthly Sanctuary are not required for the old covenant annual Feast days? - Not a single one. You may want to study the subject matter a little further.

Below are many of the annual Feast days and their required offerings including the continual daily burnt offering, the Sabbath offerings, the new moon offerings etc. This is not exhaustive as I would not be able to fit all the scriptures in but if you read the scriptures provided you will see that animal sacrifices, sin offerings for atonement, a Levite Priest as well as an earthly Sanctuary were all a requirement for the annual Feast days of the old covenant.

The Continual Burnt Offering (daily)

Numbers 28:3-8 [3], And thou shalt say unto them, This is the offering made by fire which ye shall offer unto the LORD; two lambs of the first year without spot day by day, for a continual burnt offering. [4], The one lamb shalt thou offer in the morning, and the other lamb shalt thou offer at even [5], And a tenth part of an ephah of flour for a meat offering, mingled with the fourth part of an hin of beaten oil. [6], It is a continual burnt offering, which was ordained in mount Sinai for a sweet savour, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD. [7], And the drink offering thereof shall be the fourth part of an hin for the one lamb: in the holy place shalt thou cause the strong wine to be poured unto the LORD for a drink offering. [8], And the other lamb shalt thou offer at even: as the meat offering of the morning, and as the drink offering thereof, thou shalt offer it, a sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD.

Sabbath offerings (weekly)

Numbers 28:9-10 [9], And on the sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, and the drink offering thereof:
[10], This is the burnt offering of every sabbath, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

New Moon offerings (Monthly animal sacrifice)

Numbers 28:11-13 [11], And in the beginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot;
[12], And three tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one bullock; and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one ram; [13], And a several tenth deal of flour mingled with oil for a meat offering unto one lamb; for a burnt offering of a sweet savoir, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD. [14], And their drink offerings shall be half an hin of wine unto a bullock, and the third part of an hin unto a ram, and a fourth part of an hin unto a lamb: this is the burnt offering of every month throughout the months of the year. [15], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering unto the LORD shall be offered, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

Passover/Unleavened Bread (Passover animal sacrifices)

Numbers 28:11-24 [11], And in the beginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot;
[12], And three tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one bullock; and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one ram; [13], And a several tenth deal of flour mingled with oil for a meat offering unto one lamb; for a burnt offering of a sweet savoir, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD. [14], And their drink offerings shall be half an hin of wine unto a bullock, and the third part of an hin unto a ram, and a fourth part of an hin unto a lamb: this is the burnt offering of every month throughout the months of the year. [15], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering unto the LORD shall be offered, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering. [16], And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the LORD. [17], And in the fifteenth day of this month is the feast: seven days shall unleavened bread be eaten.
[18], In the first day shall be an holy convocation; ye shall do no manner of servile work therein: [19], But ye shall offer a sacrifice made by fire for a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, and seven lambs of the first year: they shall be unto you without blemish: [20], And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil: three tenth deals shall ye offer for a bullock, and two tenth deals for a ram;
[21], A several tenth deal shalt thou offer for every lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
[22], And one goat for a sin offering, to make an atonement for you.
[23], Ye shall offer these beside the burnt offering in the morning, which is for a continual burnt offering. [24], After this manner ye shall offer daily, throughout the seven days, the meat of the sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savoir unto the LORD: it shall be offered beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.[25], And on the seventh day ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work.

Day of First Fruits (animal sacrifices)

Numbers 28:26-31 [26], Also in the day of the firstfruits, when ye bring a new meat offering unto the LORD, after your weeks be out, ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work: [27], But ye shall offer the burnt offering for a sweet savour unto the LORD; two young bullocks, one ram, seven lambs of the first year; [28], And their meat offering of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals unto one bullock, two tenth deals unto one ram, [29], A several tenth deal unto one lamb, throughout the seven lambs; [30], And one kid of the goats, to make an atonement for you. [31], Ye shall offer them beside the continual burnt offering, and his meat offering, (they shall be unto you without blemish) and their drink offerings.

Feast of Trumpet
(Prior to the Day of Atonement; animal sacrifices and High Priest)

Numbers 29:1-6
[1], And in the seventh month, on the first day of the month, ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work: it is a day of blowing the trumpets unto you.
[2], And ye shall offer a burnt offering for a sweet savoir unto the LORD; one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year without blemish:
[3], And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals for a bullock, and two tenth deals for a ram,
[4], And one tenth deal for one lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
[5], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering, to make an atonement for you:
[6], Beside the burnt offering of the month, and his meat offering, and the daily burnt offering, and his meat offering, and their drink offerings, according unto their manner, for a sweet savoir, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD.

Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur; animal sacrifices and High Priest)

Leviticus 16:5-10, 20-22 [5] From the Israelite community he is to take two male goats for a sin offering and a ram for a burnt offering. [6] “Aaron is to offer the bull for his own sin offering to make atonement for himself and his household. [7] Then he is to take the two goats and present them before the Lord at the entrance to the tent of meeting. [8] He is to cast lots for the two goats—one lot for the Lord and the other for the scapegoat. 9 Aaron shall bring the goat whose lot falls to the Lord and sacrifice it for a sin offering. [10] But the goat chosen by lot as the scapegoat shall be presented alive before the Lord to be used for making atonement by sending it into the wilderness as a scapegoat ....[20] “When Aaron has finished making atonement for the Most Holy Place, the tent of meeting and the altar, he shall bring forward the live goat. [21] He is to lay both hands on the head of the live goat and confess over it all the wickedness and rebellion of the Israelites—all their sins—and put them on the goat’s head. He shall send the goat away into the wilderness in the care of someone appointed for the task. [22] The goat will carry on itself all their sins to a remote place; and the man shall release it in the wilderness.

Numbers 29:7-11
[7], And ye shall have on the tenth day of this seventh month an holy convocation; and ye shall afflict your souls: ye shall not do any work therein:
[8], But ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD for a sweet savour; one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year; they shall be unto you without blemish:
[9], And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals to a bullock, and two tenth deals to one ram,
[10], A several tenth deal for one lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
[11], One kid of the goats for a sin offering; beside the sin offering of atonement, and the continual burnt offering, and the meat offering of it, and their drink offerings.

Feast of Tabernacles (Feast of booths; animal sacrifice)

Numbers 29:12-40 [12], And on the fifteenth day of the seventh month ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work, and ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days:[13], And ye shall offer a burnt offering, a sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savour unto the LORD; thirteen young bullocks, two rams, and fourteen lambs of the first year; they shall be without blemish: [14], And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals unto every bullock of the thirteen bullocks, two tenth deals to each ram of the two rams, [15], And a several tenth deal to each lamb of the fourteen lambs: [16], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, his meat offering, and his drink offering. [17], And on the second day ye shall offer twelve young bullocks, two rams, fourteen lambs of the first year without spot: [18], And their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [19], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, and the meat offering thereof, and their drink offerings. [20], And on the third day eleven bullocks, two rams, fourteen lambs of the first year without blemish; [21], And their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [22], And one goat for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, and his meat offering, and his drink offering. [23], And on the fourth day ten bullocks, two rams, and fourteen lambs of the first year without blemish: [24], Their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [25], And one kid of the goats for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, his meat offering, and his drink offering. [26], And on the fifth day nine bullocks, two rams, and fourteen lambs of the first year without spot:[27], And their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [28], And one goat for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, and his meat offering, and his drink offering. [29], And on the sixth day eight bullocks, two rams, and fourteen lambs of the first year without blemish: [30], And their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [31], And one goat for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, his meat offering, and his drink offering. [32], And on the seventh day seven bullocks, two rams, and fourteen lambs of the first year without blemish: [33], And their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullocks, for the rams, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [34], And one goat for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, his meat offering, and his drink offering. [35], On the eighth day ye shall have a solemn assembly: ye shall do no servile work therein:[36], But ye shall offer a burnt offering, a sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savoir unto the LORD: one bullock, one ram, seven lambs of the first year without blemish: [37], Their meat offering and their drink offerings for the bullock, for the ram, and for the lambs, shall be according to their number, after the manner: [38], And one goat for a sin offering; beside the continual burnt offering, and his meat offering, and his drink offering. [39], These things ye shall do unto the LORD in your set feasts, beside your vows, and your freewill offerings, for your burnt offerings, and for your meat offerings, and for your drink offerings, and for your peace offerings. [40], And Moses told the children of Israel according to all that the LORD commanded Moses.

As shown above the Levitical laws for remission of sins and animal sacrifice were also a very important part of the annual Feast days that not only required animal sacrifice but also a Levite Priest and an earthly Sanctuary. So HARK! let's get real. Unless you have do animal sacrifices and have your self a Levite Priest and an earthly Sanctuary you are not following the old covenant Feast days. That is the reason why I asked you earlier do you offer up animal sacrifices every time you sin with a Levite Priest in an earthly Sanctuary. Does that make sense now?

Hope this is helpful.

If I go changing the words of scripture, as the sources that you posted did; I can make scripture say whatever I want it to say.

This fact is exactly one of the reasons that I began my study. I wanted the truth.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be conflating the word covenant with the word commandment.

Exo 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

• Winner
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Exo 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

That matches with this one doesn't it?
Exodus 24:7 [7], And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems your understanding of the old and new covenants are in error but let me explain why once again as you seem to keep ignoring my posts and scriptures shared with you. We are in the new covenant now not the old covenant. It is your understanding of what the old covenant was and what the new covenant is that is the problem here. According to the scriptures the old covenant included both God's 10 commandments as the standard of good and evil (sin and righteousness) and the Mosiac book of the covenant *see Exodus 24:7 for remission of sins which collectively made up the old covenant.

The old covenant was a system that included a standard for good and evil (God's 10 commandments) and what the new covenant calls now calls "shadow laws" (Hebrews 10:1-8) for forgiveness of sins from the Mosiac book of the covenant *Exodus 24:7 that included all the laws for remission of sins, the Levitical Priesthood, earthly Sanctuary and sin offerings in animal sacrifices that pointed to Jesus and God's plan of salvation for mankind under the new covenant. It is this old system that is done away and fulfilled and continued in the new covenant pointing to Jesus and His work and ministration on our behalf in the heavenly Sanctuary that the Lord pitched and not man (Hebrews 7:1-25; Hebrews 8:1-13; Hebrews 9:1-27 and Hebrews 10:1-22).

You mix up the "shadow laws" from the Mosiac book of the covenant (Exodus 24:7) with God's eternal laws that the new covenant scriptures tell us give us the knowledge of what sin is in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and James 2:10-11. So as shown in the scriptures here it is your understanding of what you think the old covenant is and what the new covenant is that is the problem. If you do not understand therefore what the old covenant was how then can you understand what the new covenant is that the old covenant points to in Christ? You may want to consider that your teachings that Gods 10 commandments are abolished contradict the new testament scripture as everyone of God's 10 commandments are repeated in the new covenant as a requirement for Christian living (scripture support here and here linked).

The verse below reveals the ten commandments written on stone are the Sinai Covenant.

In the passage below Paul specifically tells the Galatian believers to "cast out" the Sinai Covenant of "bondage".

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture?
Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

This understanding is confirmed by the temporary nature of the Sinai Covenant revealed below by Paul.

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Nowhere does Paul separate the Sinai Covenant into separate parts.
Christ fulfilled the whole law at Calvary, instead of parts of it.

I have never once stated the ten commandments were "abolished".
The Bible says they were fulfilled and made "obsolete" at Calvary.

Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The verse below reveals the ten commandments written on stone are the Sinai Covenant.

In the passage below Paul specifically tells the Galatian believers to "cast out" the Sinai Covenant of "bondage".

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Gal 4:25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Gal 4:27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Gal 4:28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Gal 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Gal 4:30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Gal 4:31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

This understanding is confirmed by the temporary nature of the Sinai Covenant revealed below by Paul.

Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Nowhere does Paul separate the Sinai Covenant into separate parts.
Christ fulfilled the whole law at Calvary, instead of parts of it.

I have never once stated the ten commandments were "abolished".
The Bible says they were fulfilled and made "obsolete" at Calvary.

Heb 8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away..

I love the scriptures but they are not relevant to our discussion here as I believe we are in the new covenant now not the old covenant. Perhaps you have me mixed up with someone else? My contention though is what you think made up the old covenant and your interpretation of the scriptures you quote above as I do not think they support your teachings that Gods' 10 commandments have been abolished. So did you want to answer my question to you now? Do you believe the old covenant is just the 10 commandments; or does it also include the Mosaic BOOK OF THE COVENANT Exodus 24:7? If the old covenant also includes the Mosaic book of the covenant how does this effect your understanding of the covenants and your teaching that God's 10 commandments have been abolished? See also post # 1028 linked, which I believe shows your error in what you believe the old covenant is and what it is that the old covenant points to. It would be good if you would like a discussion to respond back to my posts and scriptures provided in them that disagree with you showing why it is you might agree or disagree. As posted earlier if you believe that the old covenant is only God's 10 commandments how do you reconcile Exodus 24:7 [7], And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient. If you believe that Gods' 10 commandments are all there is to the old covenant than Exodus 24:7 shows your belief here is not biblical. You may also want to consider the role of Gods' 10 commandments in the new covenant which also disagrees with your understanding of what the old and new covenants are. (see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and James 2:10-11).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Do you believe the old covenant is just the 10 commandments; or does it also include the Mosaic BOOK OF THE COVENANT Exodus 24:7?

You beat me to it.

I should also add that the ten words of the covenant and the book of the covenant are both of the covenant.

Saying that the ten words of the covenant, is the covenant; is like saying that Snyder's of Hanover is Hanover.

th

I won't bend myself into a pretzel trying to explain the fallacy. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"honor your father and mother which is the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:1-2

Eph 6:1 "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." -- Many argue that vs 1 is where it "should have ended" after all Paul is an Apostle, an inspired Bible writer. Why would his word not be "enough" ? why does Paul go out of his way in vs 2 to pull the TEN Commandments into it?

In fact if all he did was quote Ex 20:12 and not mentioned its "the first commandment with a promise" inside that list of TEN - then it would have been even less focus on the "list of TEN". That would have been another great alternative to what he actually did?

Instead Paul goes out of his way to drag the TEN in -- for Christians with vs 2.
Drag the TEN into what???
What a con job..... Paul taught we're not under the law. NEWSFLASH: No one but Christ ever kept the law.

No one said the ten commandment does not exist.
The big question is this; Are we under the law? (it's punishment)
The answer according to scripture is: we're not under the law.
The law is not of faith.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Rom 6:15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Gal 5:18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

• Winner
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Brother, that is because the Holy Spirit grows you slowly to obey the law as James allowed the Holy Spirit to grow "Gentiles who are turning to God" slowly as they listen to the law of Moses each Sabbath.

“It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.” (Acts 15:19-21 NIV)​

Are you ready in your growth with the Holy Spirit to accept God's call to keep the Sabbath in Hebrews 4, so that no one will "perish" by following Israel's example of disobedience? The key to unlocking the message of Hebrews 4 is to separate what it says about each “rest” in comparison. The "rest" that God did not allow them to enter is a saving relationship with God through faith that obeys. This "rest" is compared to the weekly "rest" on Sabbath. Since many biblical characters have saved “rest” before the time of David and after the time of Joshua, the “rest” that was not present in Israel is the "rest" of God’s Sabbath. The comparison tells us that God wants us to keep His weekly Sabbath "rest". It tells us that Israel has not obeyed God's true Sabbath "rest" even until the time of David. This means that Judaism has a Sabbath tradition that is not God's true weekly Sabbath "rest". We can show God that we have a faith that obeys by finding God's true biblical Sabbath "rest".

God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.” For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works," just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience. (Hebrews 4:7-11 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No one but Christ ever kept the law.

(CLV) Lk 1:5
There came to be, in the days of Herod, the king of Judea, a certain priest named Zechariah, of the routine of Abiah, and his wife, of the daughters of Aaron, and her name is Elizabeth.

(CLV) Lk 1:6
Now they were both just in front of God, going in all the precepts and just statutes of the Lord, blameless.

(CLV) Jb 1:1
There was a man in the land of Uz. Job was his name. This man was flawless and upright, fearing Elohim and keeping away from evil.

(CLV) Php 3:6
in relation to zeal, persecuting the ecclesia, in relation to the righteousness which is in law, becoming blameless.

(CLV) 1Jn 5:3
For this is the love of God, that we may be keeping His precepts. And His precepts are not heavy,

(CLV) Dt 30:11
For this instruction that I am enjoining on you today, it is neither too difficult for you, nor is it too far off.

Upvote 0