Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you in agreement with Jews and Christians that "week day 1" was Sunday - the day that Christ was resurrected and "the 7th day" is Saturday?

you "could have" answered the question -- but didn't.

How "instructive" for the unbiased objective reader.

=======================

Do you also consider yourself to be a Bible writer??
Bible editor?

Is Ex 20:7 in your Bible?
And is Is 66:23 also in your Bible "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" - for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth

==============

In the Bible - the Bible Sabbath is observed by doing several things but one of them is to cease all secular activity/labor Is 58:13, Ex 20:8-11.

We are told "if anyone will not work neither let him eat" so then not doing any work ever - with all days reserved as a Sabbath set apart sanctified by God and no secular activity allowed - would be a lot of 'will not work'.

The Sabbath Rest we are invited to enjoy is participating with Him in the Seventh day of creation.

This is a timeless event and therefore for the believer who enters in under the New Covenant, the Sabbath is no longer chronological.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath Rest we are invited to enjoy is participating with Him in the Seventh day of creation.
You may want to see Genesis 2:1-3 in connection with Exodus 20:8-11 and Mark 2:27-28
This is a timeless event and therefore for the believer who enters in under the New Covenant, the Sabbath is no longer chronological.
That claim is not biblical and is not supported in scripture Carl. Hebrews 4:1-5 shows that the Sabbath that remains for the people of God is the "seventh day" Sabbath of creation made available for God's people since the foundation of the world and we who believe enter into that rest. Those who do not believe and follow God's Word however do not enter into God's Sabbath rest according to the scriptures because of sin (breaking God's law) and unbelief. There is no scripture that says Gods' "seventh day Sabbath" of the 4th commandment is no longer chronological. According to the scriptures and God's 4th commandment Gods' "seventh day" Sabbath of the 10 commandments is the "seventh day" week and says in Exodus 20:8-10 [8], Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day) [9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work: [10], BUT THE SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH OF THE LORD YOUR GOD: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY> [11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT.

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say in scripture every day is a Sabbath or a holy day of rest *Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11? There is none.

We enter His Rest, not the rest of the world.

It is easy to stop work and yet miss His Rest.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We enter His Rest, not the rest of the world.
According to the scriptures, HIS rest; My rest; Gods rest is the "seventh day" Sabbath created from the foundation of the world (Hebrews 4:1-5). Not sure what your talking about here Carl?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reading Hebrews 3 and 4 it is pretty obvious that we enter into His Sabbath Rest by way of belief and faith.

The Seventh day of creation has not come to an end, and it is that Sabbath Rest which we participate in through faith. This is a promise of rest throughout life and not just on any particular day.

In the same way as we are given the gift of Eternal Life through faith, we are also offered the Eternal Rest of God through faith.

However there is a warning at the beginning of Heb 4 to believers, that they can slip into unbelief and miss this Sabbath Rest.

The Believer’s Rest
4 Therefore, we must fear if, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also did; but the word they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united with those who listened with faith. 3 For we who have believed enter that rest,...

So it is not a matter of marking a particular day...

It isn't about days at all...

It is all about a permanent communion with Him by faith.

Very importantly the context given in Hebrews 3 includes the following...

3 Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession: Jesus; 2 He was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was in all His house. 3 For He has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, by just so much as the builder of the house has more honor than the house. 4 For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God. 5 Now Moses was faithful in all God’s house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken later; 6 but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house—whose house we are, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the boast of our hope.

In this passage Moses is contrasted with Jesus particularly verses 5 and 6.

What Moses was faithful in was a testimony of what was to come in Jesus.

This is by way of introduction to the Rest available to believers in the New Covenant to come.

So the weekly rest that Moses was faithful to as a good servant in God's house was pointing to a greater New Covenant Eternal Rest to be available in Christ.

• Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Reading Hebrews 3 and 4 it is pretty obvious that we enter into His Sabbath Rest by way of belief and faith.

Which was what I said to you in post # 402 linked. In fact Hebrews 3:12-13; 14; 17-19; Hebrew 4:1-2;6; 11 say the no one enters into God's rest which is defined as Gods rest; His Rest (Hebrews 3:18; 4:1; 4:4; 4:10) and My Rest (Hebrews 3:11; 4:3; 4:5) as the "seventh day" sabbath made from the creation of the world in Hebrews 4:3-4; Hebrews 4:9. So can someone enter God's rest in unbelief and sin which is defined as knowingly breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments Carl (Acts of the Apostles 5:29; Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4 and James 2:10-11)?

The Seventh day of creation has not come to an end, and it is that Sabbath Rest which we participate in through faith. This is a promise of rest throughout life and not just on any particular day. In the same way as we are given the gift of Eternal Life through faith, we are also offered the Eternal Rest of God through faith. However there is a warning at the beginning of Heb 4 to believers, that they can slip into unbelief and miss this Sabbath Rest.

According to the scriptures the "seventh day" of creation is when God made the "seventh day" Sabbath and where He set apart the "seventh day" of creation from all the other days of the week and blessed the "seventh day" and made the "seventh day" a holy day of rest for all mankind *Genesis 2:1-3; Mark 2:27 as a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11) and commands His people to keep it as one of God's 10 commandments which give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken in Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; James 2:10-11 and 1 John 3:4 a Holy day of rest in Exodus 20:8-11. As we can see all through the scriptures (Gods' Word not mine) the Sabbath is linked directly to the finished work of the creation week to the "seventh day" of the week. We participate in God's rest as shown in Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4 by believing and following what God's Word says. Do you believe Carl that we can enter God's Sabbath rest if we do not believe and we do not follow what God's Word says? So I think you can see the scriptures are disagreeing with what your posting here and they are God's Words not my words.

The Believer’s Rest 4 Therefore, we must fear if, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also did; but the word they heard did not benefit them, because they were not united with those who listened with faith. 3 For we who have believed enter that rest,... So it is not a matter of marking a particular day... It isn't about days at all... It is all about a permanent communion with Him by faith.

Sorry Carl this is not true at all. Of course the Sabbath of creation is about the day it is about the "seventh day" of the creation week and says so as shown in the very next verses you leave out in Hebrews 4:3-4 where it says [3], For we who have believed do enter into that rest; even as he hath said, As I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.[4], For he hath said somewhere of the seventh day on this wise, And God rested on the seventh day from all his works. Maybe you missed this part Carl? These scriptures you left out disagree with what you are saying here.

Very importantly the context given in Hebrews 3 includes the following...3 Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession: Jesus; 2 He was faithful to Him who appointed Him, as Moses also was in all His house. 3 For He has been counted worthy of more glory than Moses, by just so much as the builder of the house has more honor than the house. 4 For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God. 5 Now Moses was faithful in all God’s house as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken later; 6 but Christ was faithful as a Son over His house—whose house we are, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the boast of our hope. In this passage Moses is contrasted with Jesus particularly verses 5 and 6. What Moses was faithful in was a testimony of what was to come in Jesus. This is by way of introduction to the Rest available to believers in the New Covenant to come. So the weekly rest that Moses was faithful to as a good servant in God's house was pointing to a greater New Covenant Eternal Rest to be available in Christ.

Note the content of Hebrews 3...

v1. Jesus as an apostle (sent of God) and High Priest
v2. Was faithful to God who appointed him as was Moses
v3. Jesus having been counted more worthy of glory than Moses as the builder of the house
v4. Every house is built by someone and it is God that built all things
v5. Moses was faithful in all his house as a servant for a testimony of those things that were afterwards to come (Christ)
v6. Christ who is over His house whose house we are if we hold fast glorying in Him to the end.
v7. Wherefore the holy spirit says Today (now) if you hear His voice..
v8. Harden not your heart like as in the day of the trial in the wilderness
v9. Where your fathers tried me by proving me, And saw my works forty years.
v10. God was displeased with them. They do always err in their heart: But they did not know my ways
v11. As I swore in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.
v12. Warning given today lest an evil heart of unbelief in God's Word is in us.
v13. Exhort each other now lest any one of us be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin
v14. We are only partakers with Christ if we hold our faith firm unto the end
v15. Now (today) we should not harden our hearts if we hear God's voice (the Word)
v16. When they heard God's voice (the Word) were provoked
v17. God was displeased with all those who sinned and they were punished
v18. God swore the disobedient will not enter His rest (the seventh day Sabbath Hebrews 4:1-5)
v19. They count not enter into God's rest because of unbelief.

None of which say what your claiming here Carl. According to Hebrews 3:1-19 no one enters into Gods' rest if they continue in sin and unbelief not believing and following what Gods' Word says. This is a warning for us all today that if we do not hold our faith steadfastly to the end we cannot enter into Gods' rest today and will be lost unless we turn to God in confession and repentance for sin. Hebrews 4 goes on to show in Hebrews 4:1-5...

v1. We (believers today now) should fear that a promise being left us if anyone come short of it.
v2. The gospel was preached to them as well as unto us
v3. We who believe enter into God's rest (today) those who do not believe do not enter into Gods rest
v4.God's rest is the "seventh day" (Sabbath) completed from the foundation of the world (Genesis 2:1-3)
v5. Unbelievers do not enter into Gods rest.

We enter into Gods' "seventh day" Sabbath rest by believing and following Gods Word according to the scriptures not unbelief and breaking God's commandments. Out of interest you might want to consider here the parallel of Ezekiel 20:10-13

Ezekiel 20:10-13 [10], Why I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt and BROUGHT THEM INTO THE WILDERNESS. [11], AND I GAVE THEM MY STATUTES, AND SHOWED THEM MY JUDGMENTS, WHICH IF A MAN DO, HE SHALL LIVE IN THEM. [12], Moreover ALSO I GAVE THEM MY SABBATHS, TO BE A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND THEM THAT THEY MAY KNOW THAT I AM THE LORD THAT SANCTIFY THEM. [13], But THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL REBELLED AGAINST ME IN THE WILDERNESS: THEY WALKED NOT IN MY STATUTES AND DISPISED MY JUDGMENTS WHICH IF A MAN DO THEY SHALL LIVE IN THEM AND MY SABBATHS THEY GREATLY POLLUTED: THEN I SAID I WOULD POUR OUT MY FURY ON THEM IN THE WILDERNESS, TO CONSUME THEM.

Hope this is helpful.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My offering in Post #405 cuts to the heart of SDA teaching so I do not expect agreement.

Readers beware not to be robbed of the freedoms that Paul so clearly spoke about - not a freedom to sin, but a freedom to join Him in Eternal Life and Rest from works, even as He is resting from His works.

The wages of sin is death - but the gift of God is eternal life...

Wages imply work.

Eternal life is a gift.

Choosing the Gift, and remaining in faith, brings Eternal Life and Rest.

Choosing to remain in works brings death.

• Useful
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
My offering in Post #405 cuts to the heart of SDA teaching so I do not expect agreement.

Readers beware not to be robbed of the freedoms that Paul so clearly spoke about - not a freedom to sin, but a freedom to join Him in Eternal Life and Rest from works, even as He is resting from His works.

Wages imply work.

Eternal life is a gift.

The difference is you seem to want God's gifts and blessings on your terms, not God's. Exodus 20:8-11

Even Paul agrees but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1 Cor 7:19

You seem to mistakenly think that God's laws are SDA doctrine, God's laws are just that our Creator and Savior's laws of love that He holds sacred which is why they are in the Most holy of His Temple. You're argument is not with SDA, these are God's laws.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The difference is you want God's gifts and blessings on your terms, not God's. Exodus 20:8-11

Even Paul agrees but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1 Cor 7:19

You seem to mistakenly think that God's laws are SDA doctrine, God's laws are just that our Creator and Savior's laws of love that He holds sacred which is why they are in the Most holy of His Temple. You're argument is not with SDA, these are God's laws.

Keeping the Saturday Sabbath is SDA doctrine.

Formulated by a small group that included a false prophet.

I would rather be at rest in His Living Word.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Wages imply work.

Eternal life is a gift.

Well the scriptures posted in post # 406 disagree with you Carl in regards to Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4. What is it in the post and scriptures shared with you that show why your teachings are not biblical that you disagree with and why? Let's be careful to take heed of the warnings given us in Hebrews 3 and 4 not to harden our hearts in unbelief and sin. We only remain in death if we continue in unbelief and sin because the wages of sin is death according to the scriptures because in doing so we reject the gift of Gods' dear son and count the blood of the covenant an unholy thing doing despite to the Spirit of God's grace according to Hebrews 10:26-31.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Exodus 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.

"He" in the Bible is not SDA. The SDA church was not formed when God wrote His law.

Many thought Jesus was a false prophet, so much so that they killed our Savior.

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Sorry to break it to you Carl, but the seventh day Sabbath of God's 4th commandment is not a made up SDA doctrine as shared in the posts and the scriptures to you. It is God's Word not our words that you seem to be denying here with your words that are not God's Word. God's "seventh day" Sabbath is Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandments, spoken by God alone and written with God's own finger on two tables of stone as the standard of sin when broken and righteousness when obeyed *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and Psalms 119:172. According to the scriptures Carl that are God's Word not our words, no one is resting in the living word by not believing and disobeying Gods' written and spoken Word. This is the warnings given to us from Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4. Something we should all pray about. We should not harden our heart today (now) to hearing and believing God's Word if we want to enter into God's rest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like was said You have a lot to contend with if you are going to continue teaching what you teach concerning these verses.

Here are the Questions again
What is it you think elemental practices is?

Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Apparently Paul himself when he and his contemporaries were under the law, it being their Schoolmaster until Christ were in bondage to these SAME elemental practices.

Have you noticed Paul's use of the 2nd person and 1st person plural? Do you think all of a sudden he is speaking to a different group of people?

Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage (servitude) under the elements of the world:
Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Gal 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Gal 4:8 Howbeit then, when ye knew (SEEN) not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
Gal 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

These people that Paul is talking to, he included himself with in verses 3-5. Then in verse 6 and 7 calls them sons and relays to them that they are no longer servants to the elemental practices that they were mentioned to being in verse 3

Gal 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:

Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Gal 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Gal 4:7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Gal 4:8 Howbeit then, when ye knew (SEEN) not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

So you think that the days mentioned are related to their pagan worship and not to the ones subscribed to in the Book of the Law?

How is it then that the ones being spoken to are being zealously affected but not good by Judeans or Israelites if the days mentioned are not of the Book of the Law.

Gal 4:17 They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them.

And how is it that they desire to be under the law if the days, months and years are not of the law?

Gal 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

Bondage is sin.
The context tells a different story.

The Heirs are no different than a servant, a slave in bondage; being under tutors and governors, the law. Thereby Kept under the Law, the fundamental principals, elements of the world. The LAW until the fulness of the time of the Father through His Son has come. To redeem us from the curse of the Law; death. For the wages of sin is death. And this curse is on everyone who continue not therein. Christ hath redeemed us from this curse of the law, being made a curse for us that we might receive the promise of the Spirit. For we are dead nevertheless we live, yet not us but Christ liveth in us. And the life we now live in the flesh we live by the faith of the Son of God who gave Himself for us.
For we who have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ and the life we now live we live through the faith of Christ through His Spirit. So say not in our hearts who will bring Christ down to us. For the word is nigh to us. In our hearts and in our mouths. For God has said. He will put His laws into our hearts and into our minds that we may do it. This is the FAITH IN WHICH WE ARE TO PREACH. Are we so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, the word, the law in us through Christ are we now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Gal 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Gal 3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
Gal 3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
Gal 3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
Gal 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Gal 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
Gal 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Gal 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
Gal 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Gal 4:1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;
Gal 4:2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

Not ignoring anything...
I asked you what you thought 4:8 meant...the Jewish God or the pagan gods...it is clearly pagan gods because he says God (not gods) in the same sentence.
You are ignoring the questions, the facts, the points made to fit your predetermine conclusion.

They were pagans worshiping other gods that converted to Judaism and then Christianity. WE KNOW THIS Because the verses up to and including verse 8 are speaking to those who were in bondage to the elements of the world, under the Law, under it's tutorage. EVERYONE IS GROUP TOGETHER. The word "we" in verses 3 and 5 and "ye" and "thou" in verses 6 and 7 respectively dictate this and there is no way around that.

Gal 4:8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to break it to you Carl, but the seventh day Sabbath of God's 4th commandment is not a made up SDA doctrine as shared in the posts and the scriptures to you. It is God's Word not our words that you seem to be denying here with your words that are not God's Word. God's "seventh day" Sabbath is Gods' 4th commandment of the 10 commandments, spoken by God alone and written with God's own finger on two tables of stone as the standard of sin when broken and righteousness when obeyed *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11 and Psalms 119:172. According to the scriptures Carl that are God's Word not our words, no one is resting in the living word by not believing and disobeying Gods' written and spoken Word. This is the warnings given to us from Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 4. Something we should all pray about. We should not harden our heart today (now) to hearing and believing God's Word if we want to enter into God's rest.
Happy Sabbath @LoveGodsWord What a blessing and a delight God's holy Sabbath is.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A plain reading of the scripture does not say...

Colossians 2:17 (does not say) THE BODY IS CHRIST! [IS = supplied word not in the Greek]

Of course "is" is not in the Greek, because it is an English word.
However, that word is found below in the Young's Literal translation.

Col 2:17 which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ; (YLT)

G1161
δέ
de
deh
A primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.: - also, and, but, moreover, now [often unexpressed in English].
Total KJV occurrences: 2841

G3588
ὁ, ἡ, τό
ho hē to
ho, hay, to
The masculine, feminine (second) and neuter (third) forms, in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom): - the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
Total KJV occurrences: 8497

G4983
σῶμα
sōma
so'-mah
From G4982; the body (as a sound whole), used in a very wide application, literally or figuratively: - bodily, body, slave.
Total KJV occurrences: 146

G5547
Χριστός
Christos
khris-tos'
From G5548; anointed, that is, the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus: - Christ.
Total KJV occurrences: 569

but the body Christ

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of course "is" is not in the Greek, because it is an English word.
However, that word is found below in the Young's Literal translation.

Col 2:17 which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ; (YLT)

G1161
δέ
de
deh
A primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.: - also, and, but, moreover, now [often unexpressed in English].
Total KJV occurrences: 2841

G3588
ὁ, ἡ, τό
ho hē to
ho, hay, to
The masculine, feminine (second) and neuter (third) forms, in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom): - the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
Total KJV occurrences: 8497

G4983
σῶμα
sōma
so'-mah
From G4982; the body (as a sound whole), used in a very wide application, literally or figuratively: - bodily, body, slave.
Total KJV occurrences: 146

G5547
Χριστός
Christos
khris-tos'
From G5548; anointed, that is, the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus: - Christ.
Total KJV occurrences: 569

but the body Christ
How does this post address anything at all in the post you are quoting from in post # 397 linked? - It doesn't. All you posted back to me was what I already posted to you while simply ignoring the rest of the linked post and scriptures that proves your trying to change the plain reading of scripture and it's contexts to try and argue Jesus is the Sabbath. Your interpretation of Colossians 2:17 does not agree with the Greek and it's application to scripture context that was shared with you (see post # 394 and post # 397 linked) which shows why your teachings are not biblical. For example do you know what the meaning of τοῦ is in application to Χριστοῦ being the definitive article genitive masculine singular and why it is translated "of" in English in Colossians 2:17 to "the body of Christ"? In order for your teaching to be true you have to make the Greek say "the body is Christ". The Greek does not say "is" it says "of" and the English word "is" in Colossians 2:17 "[is] of the body" is added in by the translators and is not in the original Greek. Not only is it not in the original Greek it is not even in the correct order in English to make your claim that Jesus is the Sabbath true. I am not sure why you cannot see this except you do not understand the Greek. Anyhow, I will leave it with you. Perhaps you can pray about it and do a bit more prayerful study. I added the links here in case you want to re-visit what was shared with you from the scriptures only as a help. Of course what you choose to believe is between you and God. I think the linked posts prove beyond all doubt through the scriptures alone that Jesus is not the "seventh day" Sabbath just as he is not a new moon or a Feast day just as much as Colossians 2:16 discussed earlier in context is in reference to the annual Feast days, and all their meat and drink offerings new moons and their annual sabbaths (plural). Which of course cannot be the "seventh day" Sabbath of God's 10 commandments which is weekly and eternal pointing backwards and not forwards to the finished work of creation (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11). Scriptures support already provided, here; here; here; here; and here linked as a reference and help.

Take Care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are You just making things up as you go or is this post from some website. Because there are Serious errors my friend in this post of yours.
This is false doctrine of the SDA church.

Listen to this unscriptual use of the Sabbath.

Quote from LoveGodsWord: "Sabbath of creation"

This term used by SDA's "Sabbath of creation" is an intentional misrepresentation of when and what the Sabbath is.

NOWHERE IN GODS HOLY WORD IS THE SABBATH CALLED The "Sabbath of creation"

This is nothing more than changing the meaning of Sabbath to fit the false doctrine of the SDA's!

Don't fall for this! Resting does not =sabbath!!!!

If you have chosen to rest on a particular day from your work. Taking time off,

The western world come up with the term, Sabbatical.
Obviously with reference to how the Isrealites were commanded not to do work on the Sabbath.

Now if one does no work for a reason not related in any way to the Sabbath, is that a person taking a Sabbath? NO. He is simply taking a rest. And we may today figuratively call that a sabbatical.

The point is just because the Bible mentions rest. You cannot make the unscriptual error that rest equates with Sabbath. The two do not equate.

So, when SDA'S like LoveGodsWord say this:

They are intentionally perverting the meaning of the word Sabbath to fit their false doctrine into the creation account of Genesis 2:1-3.

Folks it is an unscriptual usage of the word Sabbath to use it as Gods day of rest in the creation account in Genesis 2:2-3.

The first time the Bible ever uses the word Sabbath is Exodus 16:23.

The word Sabbath is never found till the time of Moses.

Genesis 2:3 does not say that God ordained the sabbath on the seventh day of the creation week.

In verse 3 Moses wrote that God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it. But when did this take place? It took place at Mt. Sinai !

The mentioning of sanctification in Gen. 2:3 is called a Prolepsis, meaning a joining together in a statement two events that were separated in time.

Here's other examples that the Bible uses Prolepsis:

Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

Genesis 4:20
And Adah bore Jabal. He was the father of those who dwell in tents and have livestock.

Matthew 10:4
Simon the Cananite and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed Him.

So, when the false doctrine of the SDA'S try to use Sabbath first in Gods day of rest in Genesis 2:3.

Know that they are perverting Gods word to fit their perverted doctrine of the Sabbath beginning before sin!

They must do this in order to get around a very inconvenient fact in Colossians 2:16-17 So let no one judge you in food or in drink or regarding a festival or a new moon or SABBATHS, WHICH ARE A SHADOW of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

If the Sabbath really began in Duet. 5:1-21. And it did.

Then that puts the Sabbath right in with the shadows of Colossians 2:17. For the sabbath did begin after sin was in the world. This proves the SDA's are perverting Gods word to deceive you!

It is Biblical fact that Paul includes the sabbath with the new moon, food and drink and festivals as a shadow in Colossians 2:16-17.

If one can seperate out Sabbaths in verses 16 and 17. Then guess what?

One can also have the liberty to remove any others Paul says is a shadow: new moons, festivals, food, drink!!! If not why not? NO ONE HAS THE LIBERTY TO SAY THE SABBATHS ARE NOT A PART OF THE SHADOWS!!!

Paul includes the Sabbath just as the rest as in the shadows.

Only the Isrealites were given the law of Moses.

Paul said the Isrealites had this law given, Romans 9:4

Who are Isrealites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, THE GIVING OF THE LAW, the service of God and the promises.

Paul also said the gentiles did NOT have this law, Romans 2:14 For when gentiles WHO DO NOT HAVE THE LAW, by nature do the things in the law, these, although NOT having the LAW, are a law unto themselves,

This debate was settled on the very first page!!!

By OldWiseGuy

Hear the conclusion of this whole matter of Sabbath keeping,

That disproves every unscriptual argument the SDA's have used in this entire discussion. But will the SDA's recognize Exodus 31:16? Will the devil give up until God casts him into hell?

Upvote 0

guevaraj

an oil seller in the story of the ten virgins
Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2019
Berrien Springs
Visit site
✟543,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
In verse 3 Moses wrote that God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it. But when did this take place? It took place at Mt. Sinai !
Brother, the Sabbath as revealed in the Bible shows that it was established on the seventh day of creation week in Genesis. My book is proof of this, solving the issue presented in this scholarly paper by Amanda McGuire in 2008. The title of my book is: "Proof of God in the International Date Line: Site of our Origin". It all comes down to understanding how God established the day in Genesis, which is different from how God taught Israel to remember the Sabbath established on the Seventh day in Eden. The Sabbath in Israel is not a day of the week as it was in Eden because remembered is the Sabbath in the Eden time zone that falls in Israel between two days of the week instead of the Seventh day as in Eden. The first day in Genesis below is from morning to morning, in the special case of the first day from first light to light again in the morning. Evening falls in the middle of the first day dividing the halves that God called "day" and "night", in that order. Each day of the week ends in a "night" in which God has nothing to report from evening to morning because He only creates during the first half of light from morning to evening and stops creating every "night" from evening to morning.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was MORNING—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, the Sabbath as revealed in the Bible shows that it was established on the seventh day of creation week in Genesis. My book is proof of this, solving the issue presented in this scholarly paper by Amanda McGuire in 2008. The title of my book is: "Proof of God in the International Date Line: Site of our Origin". It all comes down to understanding how God established the day in Genesis, which is different from how God taught Israel to remember the Sabbath established on the Seventh day in Eden. The Sabbath in Israel is not a day of the week as it was in Eden because remembered is the Sabbath in the Eden time zone that falls in Israel between two days of the week instead of the Seventh day as in Eden. The first day in Genesis below is from morning to morning, in the special case of the first day from first light to light again in the morning. Evening falls in the middle of the first day dividing the halves that God called "day" and "night", in that order. Each day of the week ends in a "night" in which God has nothing to report from evening to morning because He only creates during the first half of light from morning to evening and stops creating every "night" from evening to morning.

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was MORNING—the first day. (Genesis 1:3-5 NIV)​

United in our hope for the soon return of Jesus, Jorge

Can you show us anything in the Book of Genesis where Adam and Eve were specifically commanded to do something different on the last day of the week?

Can you show us anything where Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were specifically commanded to rest on the last day of the week?

Deu 5:3 The LORD made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

Upvote 0