Pennsylvania
✟793,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I'd like to keep this part of our discussion in separate posts for the sake of clarity.

Okay, so you've agreed that there are variations among the animals in a population.

Now, Statement 2: The different traits that each animal has are determined, at least in part, by genetics. For example, if an individual has slightly better eyesight than average, this is a result of that individual's genes. Likewise, a certain combinations of genes could leave an individual vulnerable to some types of illness.

Do you agree with that?
Of course. Now somewhere in your next steps, can you agree that most genetic differences via mutation are not helpful for adaptation to the environment?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,273.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The fact is that you are condemned already through your unbelief. As I said to our other friend, if you have heard that you are a condemned sinner, and that Jesus died on the Cross to take your sinfulness upon Himself and that if you decide to embrace Christ as your Saviour you will be saved from a future in hell, and have decided to reject it, then there may be no further hope for you and God may very well just leave you to go through the rest of your life and go out into eternity to face whatever is there for you.

This really isn't the place to proselytize. And given that I don't believe in God, this really doesn't bother me.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,273.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you have discussed religion with Christians, or on this forum, then you would have heard the Gospel as I have described it. If you decided not to believe it and chose not to come to Christ when He promised that they who come to Him He will in no wise cast out, then what will happen in the future will be your responsibility. You heard the invitation to be saved through what Jesus did for you on the Cross and refused it. That makes you responsible and not God. All God has done is to accept your choice and leave you on the road to your future in which you were already on from the moment you were born.

And yet in all that, God has not chosen to open my eyes.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,273.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ah, c'mon. You don't need me to spell it out!

Ok, IF God exists, and IF he made everything: "This temporal life was not created for the purpose of temporal life. God spoke the end result into being; it is we who see it taking these many years, with all the accompanying twists and turns, to come to be. If producing that end result takes wiping out everyone but 8 souls, so be it! Why not? We are talking about God the Creator here, not some despotic tyrant who decides to own what is not rightfully his."

So you just want me to assume that God exists?

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,273.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say, Science. I said, "'science'", and "prevailing 'science'", at that. At least, the 'science' I have seen, comes across to me as prevalent...

You didn't say, "science," you said, "science."

Am I missing something here?

Actually, I just showed some reasons why I don't believe it.

What you said that I responded to was, "My statement was not an attempt to show evolution wrong. It only showed why I don't take the time to prove to myself whether it is reliable or not."

The only reason you said there was because you hadn't been bothered to go and see for yourself.

I'll look.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,273.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Of course. Now somewhere in your next steps, can you agree that most genetic differences via mutation are not helpful for adaptation to the environment?

Stop trying to take control. I'm making my point here, not you.

You have agreed that in a population of animals, there are variations, and you have agreed that these variations have a genetic basis.

Statement 3: When individual animals in this population reproduce, the genes they have are passed on to their offspring. So, the offspring carries genes from both of its parents.

Do you agree with this?

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Stop trying to take control. I'm making my point here, not you.

You have agreed that in a population of animals, there are variations, and you have agreed that these variations have a genetic basis.

Statement 3: When individual animals in this population reproduce, the genes they have are passed on to their offspring. So, the offspring carries genes from both of its parents.

Do you agree with this?
Such latience

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.