Visit site
✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't post much anymore--It's been a couple of years I think. 22 years ago this date around this time, my daddy died from a fluke accident. He was a park ranger and was painting his office. He was on a ladder approx. 10 feet high. We think the paint fumes made him dizzy and he fell off the ladder, hitting the concrete floor head first. This happened on Jan. 30th. The next day (Jan. 31st, early in the AM), doctors pronounced him dead.

If you're going to AM mass, or saying a rosary or whatever, please remember Dick Franklin in your prayers. I learned alot about Jesus from my daddy. I pray his sins have been forgiven and that he is with Jesus.

Thanks.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't post much anymore--It's been a couple of years I think. 22 years ago this date around this time, my daddy died from a fluke accident. He was a park ranger and was painting his office. He was on a ladder approx. 10 feet high. We think the paint fumes made him dizzy and he fell off the ladder, hitting the concrete floor head first. This happened on Jan. 30th. The next day (Jan. 31st, early in the AM), doctors pronounced him dead.

If you're going to AM mass, or saying a rosary or whatever, please remember Dick Franklin in your prayers. I learned alot about Jesus from my daddy. I pray his sins have been forgiven and that he is with Jesus.

Thanks.
Juke! It's so good to see you! I will remember your daddy in my prayers, always. Thanks for stopping by and asking and please don't be a stranger. :hug:

Not to hijack your thread but my dad also died from a freak accident. He was getting gas in the car, (the tank was in the back, he was squated down)- when a lady pulled in behind him to get gas, accidentallly hitting her accelerator and not her brakes. She crushed him. He died in the OR. So I KNOW your pain, intimately. This was in 1979 so I suppose you and I would have been about the same age when we lost our dads. And JUST like you, a lot of what I pass on to my daughters about Jesus was tradition my dad had engrained.

Love you Jake, please don't be a stranger.

Michelle

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.