Prove your case biblically that believers can willfully sin and still be saved while doing so.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So just to clarify...

You would define willful sin as a sin that we knowingly commit? Like David's sins with Uriah and Bathsheba. Or Peter's sin of denying Jesus. Those are willful, yes?

And you believe that when a "saved" person like David or Peter commits such a sin, that they become "unsaved" and must do something in order to become "saved again"?

Is this your position?

I agree David willfully sinned and thought he was right with God, but he needed to repent or confess of his sin in order to be forgiven of such sins (See: Psalms 51). Forgiveness of sin is dealing with salvation when we are referring to forgiveness of sins involving God. Again, you need to make your case to prove your Soteriology here and go on the offensive to stay on topic please. Thank you.

Side Note:

Willful sin is what I would refer to as justifying sin with the thinking one is saved. It is intentionally sinning with the one thinking they are saved while doing so. Hebrews 10:26 says if we willfully sin after having received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sin. Confession of sin (1 John 1:9), and walking in the light (forsaking sin) is the method of forgiveness (1 John 1:7) (See also Proverbs 28:13).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is the purpose of making such a case?

Like all beliefs we hold to in the Bible, we do not just believe something as Christians with no biblical proof. All beliefs we have as Christians should be able to be defended with God's Word. For we are told to contend for the faith (Jude 1:3).

Anyways, the topic is for you to defend the view of Soteriology that says we can sin and still be saved. So far you are off topic by not doing that.

Side Note: See updated OP for special instructions.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It means what it says. If you're truly striving to live a holy life I mean you're genuinely trying to do so God knows your heart and you're saved. People can fall in a moment of weakness, maybe a lack of prayer and fellowship with the Lord on a certain day and temptation overcomes them and I'm not talking about what we might think of as major sins.....even something like being a little short tempered a certain day and saying an unkind word which they need to repent of....such doesn't mean they wouldn't make heaven their home if they died before doing so.

If you're advocating one has to maintain the absolute standard of holiness every second of the day or you're lost/saved, lost/saved, lost and oh yes you repented again and you did just in time before you died....no....doesn't work that way. God looks at the heart. What is the person willfully choosing to do as an ongoing pattern in their life is I think how God looks upon it.

This thread is about proving how a believer can commit grievous sin on some level with the thinking they can be saved while doing so. So far you have not done so and you are off topic.

As for your words within this post: Well, please back up these words with the Bible please. But please do not forget to make your case in how a believer can sin and still be saved on some level so as to say on topic. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Willful sin is what I would refer to as justifying sin with the thinking one is saved.

Did, or have, or did we all not do, or used to do, that/it/this at one point in time, before coming to a knowledge of being saved...? And are some (maybe possibly like yourself, IDK, and I'm not judging you personally) Anyway, are not some still doing that even right now, while claiming that they are not, ect, not knowing that are or are not, ect...? And, are they sinning...?

And (to my first sentence) are you the judge of another ones timing...?

It is intentionally sinning with the one thinking they are saved while doing so.

Define this please...?

Hebrews 10:26 says if we willfully sin after having received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sin.

Have you come to a full knowledge of the truth...? And do you sin or ever sin, or are you maybe doing so, even "right now"...? Or not...?

Anyways, please refrain from making questions, etc. and make your case with the Bible please. That is what the purpose of this thread is for.

Thank you.

As long as I'm not going against forum rules I will say what I like...

Thank You.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I agree David willfully sinned and thought he was right with God, but he needed to repent or confess of his sin in order to be forgiven of such sins (See: Psalms 51). Forgiveness of sin is dealing with salvation when we are referring to forgiveness of sins involving God. Again, you need to make your case to prove your Soteriology here and go on the offensive to stay on topic please. Thank you.

Side Note:

Willful sin is what I would refer to as justifying sin with the thinking one is saved. It is intentionally sinning with the one thinking they are saved while doing so. Hebrews 10:26 says if we willfully sin after having received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sin. Confession of sin (1 John 1:9), and walking in the light (forsaking sin) is the method of forgiveness (1 John 1:7) (See also Proverbs 28:13).

Why is it that only willful sins spell our doom? The Bible says that sin reigned even before the Law (Romans 5:13-14). Even before God clearly told us what was right or wrong, people were sinning and dying for it. These were unknown and unwillful sins, according to your definition, but they were still deadly. Why don't you care about unknown sins?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
?? We are to make that case...even though it cannot be made, using the Bible.

No, most of you are not making points by quoting the Bible (Which is quite revealing). Only one poster so far made an attempt, and most of his verses he posted dealt with "Initial Salvation" and not "Continued Salvation."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why is it that only willful sins spell our doom? The Bible says that sin reigned even before the Law (Romans 5:13-14). Even before God clearly told us what was right or wrong, people were sinning and dying for it. These were unknown and unwillful sins, according to your definition, but they were still deadly. Why don't you care about unknown sins?

Again, not the topic of this thread. Please start another thread, and I may participate.

Anyways, while I can defend a wrong view of the Scriptures by critiquing a wrong defense of a sin and still be saved doctrine (after a person makes their case), it up to you to first go on the offensive by offering a biblical case for a sin and still be saved type belief to begin with. If you do not do so, then you are off topic to this thread discussion and you are interrupting this thread. So I would encourage you to please stay on topic and provide a biblical case for your view of Soteriology that says we can sin and still be saved.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How so...?
IOW's, what specifically does it/that "reveal" to you about us...?

Please stop asking questions. Continually asking questions so as to interrupt this thread is off topic.

To stay on topic you need to:

1. Provide a verse by verse points by using the Bible to defend a sin and still be saved belief.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Again, not the topic of this thread. Please start another thread, and I may participate.

Anyways, while I can defend a wrong view of the Scriptures by critiquing a wrong defense of a sin and still be saved doctrine (after a person makes their case), it up to you to first go on the offensive by offering a biblical case for a sin and still be saved type belief to begin with. If you do not do so, then you are off topic to this thread discussion and you are interrupting this thread. So I would encourage you to please stay on topic and provide a biblical case for your view of Soteriology that says we can sin and still be saved.
Unless you do not sin at all, ever, and even beyond that, unless you have never sinned (past tense) ever, I would not condemn your own self if I was you...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Please stop asking questions. Such topics are off topic.

1. Provide a verse by verse points by using the Bible to defend a sin and still be saved belief.

Thank you.
As long as I not violating any forum rules, I will say what I like...

Thank You.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am guessing that that is because they do not agree with the proposition you are insisting that they defend.

Off topic.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Anyways, the topic is for you to defend the view of Soteriology that says we can sin and still be saved. So far you are off topic by not doing that.

This is very much on topic. You must first convince me you're not a troll, which is also against the rules.

Like all beliefs we hold to in the Bible, we do not just believe something as Christians with no biblical proof. All beliefs we have as Christians should be able to be defended with God's Word. For we are told to contend for the faith (Jude 1:3).

Why do we contend for the faith? Do you argue simply to argue?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

James 3:2 - James, speaking to Christians and including himself in their number, says: "We all stumble in many ways."

James is recognizing that Christians continue to stumble and deal with sin in their lives.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As long as I not violating any forum rules, I will say what I like...

Thank You.

God Bless!

No. You are not allowed to say whatever you like in any thread you wish. Have you never been banned or gotten points for saying whatever you wish or by continually interrupting a thread?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No. You are not allowed to say whatever you like in any thread you wish. Have you never been banned or gotten points for saying whatever you wish or by continually interrupting a thread?
I'm not violating any of the forum rules, so...

Thank You.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is very much on topic. You must first convince me you're not a troll, which is also against the rules.
Why do we contend for the faith? Do you argue simply to argue?

I have almost 25,000 posts here. So no. I am not a troll. Besides, such a discussion is off topic to this thread. You are not staying on topic to this thread.

If not, you are violating forum rules.

Thank you.

Upvote 0