'Proud Anti-Semite' bumper sticker a sign of the times, ADL says

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
'Proud Anti-Semite' bumper sticker a sign of the times, ADL says
A shocking display of hate on Long Island is just another example of the rise in anti-Semitic incidents nationwide, according to the Anti-Defamation League.

For most people, a bumper sticker reading "Proud Anti-Semite" would be disturbing. But one driver in Farmingdale had no problem proclaiming his stance, after a woman snapped a photo while driving her children home from a Girls Scout event on Route 110.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
"Police say they are aware of who the driver is, but that there is often a fine line between hate speech and free speech."

This is scary. Why are police involved at all? As disgusting as anti-antisemitism is, it's entirely legal as long as he isn't advocating or committing crimes. There is no fine line here. Saying "I believe..." is absolutely protected speech.

• Agree
Reactions: Rion
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
it's entirely legal as long as he isn't advocating or committing crimes. There is no fine line here. Saying "I believe..." is absolutely protected speech.
Agreed, that is a cornerstone of American freedom. Believe & talk as much as you want, about whatever you want, as long as it does not measurably trespass against another's person or property.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,424.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
"Police say they are aware of who the driver is, but that there is often a fine line between hate speech and free speech."

This is scary. Why are police involved at all? As disgusting as anti-antisemitism is, it's entirely legal as long as he isn't advocating or committing crimes. There is no fine line here. Saying "I believe..." is absolutely protected speech.

could be they have other reasons to be looking into him beyond the bumper sticker.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0