up there
✟308,055.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's clear when he calls Trump a "friend of the Church" and tells us that Satan is trying to impeach Trump.
Isn't their bias an accurate prediction of how religion in the US is going?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Isn't their bias an accurate prediction of how religion in the US is going?
They are a good example of how believers will be deceived and what the deceivers look like.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟308,055.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They are a good example of how believers will be deceived and what the deceivers look like.
Well prophets of old were king makers but the process stopped millennia ago. Perhaps these guys didn't get the memo or are simply using God to justify their positions and livelihood rather than changing themselves to suit the will of God. It doesn't take a religious being to predict political outcome.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well prophets of old were king makers but the process stopped millennia ago. Perhaps these guys didn't get the memo or are simply using God to justify their positions and livelihood rather than changing themselves to suit the will of God. It doesn't take a religious being to predict political outcome.
To me you're stating to the obvious, but I'm sure that to many others you sound like you're making things up. I don't see how it can't be obvious to anyone with any discernment at all that these are extremely false prophets.

They should call people like these "profits", not "prophets".

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,883.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do we measure the veracity of a Prophet based on Political persuasion - where is the scripture for that??

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do we measure the veracity of a Prophet based on Political persuasion - where is the scripture for that??
so none of the people in the vid have ever been wrong when they made a prophecy? I'm not talking about 50%-70% right, I'm talking always 100% correct every time? Because that's my impression of what it takes to be a "real prophet of God".
Deuteronomy 18:21–22 said:
21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?

22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
although I like how the Message puts it better:
Deuteronomy 18:21–22 said:
21-22 You may be wondering among yourselves, “How can we tell the difference, whether it was God who spoke or not?” Here’s how: If what the prophet spoke in God’s name doesn’t happen, then obviously God wasn’t behind it; the prophet made it up. Forget about him.
tulc(thought this would be helpful) :wave:

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope, not at all. Why would you even think so?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I found this video fascinating.

I imagine it will raise all sorts of questions...

I didn't even get through the 1st minute. "prophets" are being introduced as psychics and I felt a donation call to come. I skimmed through quickly, and there it was "call now for an exclusive offer... blah blah blah" of course highlighting the prophets introduced earlier. I'm not interested in that gospel or those profits...err.. prophets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I ignored the Razmataz and just considered the substance and content from these three gentlemen who have a proven prophetic gift.

But hey - nothing has changed - the messenger is considered insane, demonic or both...

Sounds familiar ??

I don't recall Isaiah or Elijah asking for a suggested donation amount for exclusive content.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
agree; that's more difficult as i know nothing about them. I wish I had saved an article I read a long time ago about a gentleman who lived in England in another century. He wrote/prophesied that in the latter days, many believers would end up being deceived. False prophets would creep into the Church with correct teachings and prophecies to back it up but later on, their teachings would change over time to no longer accurately reflect biblical truth. The sheep would not notice this change because they continued to put their trust and loyalties to them instead of scrutinizing Scripture for themselves thus ending up deceived. I thought that was wise word to heed.
Hmmm, I seem to remember someone in the Bible saying this....Jesus perhaps;):)

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My interest was in the three who appeared, not Syd Roth.

Which one of the three asked for money?
they are the ones who are on the exclusive dvd content and books you get with the suggested donation, they are also the ones partnering with Syd Roth so every one of them are implicitly asking for money. regardless if the prophecies are true they are selling it hidden under the label "donation", package in Syd Roth's market which is a mechanism for self-support to pay for stuff like the compensation of the prophets in question.

I get the asking amount doesn't seem like much (to some it may be) and you do get some products, arguably the value of the donation (assuming you kept it to the minimum) I didn't go through it with a fine-tooth comb so there could be some other catches I'm missing too. The point is if it is true and God's word you don't package it and sell it you do whatever you can so everyone hears it. It seems to me they are doing whatever they can do to get you to give a donation, such as in the catchphrase "This is exclusive for our supernatural audience":doh:

I don't know the guy or the prophets in question and I have no idea what their motivation is but I'm not interested in what they're selling. If I want to know, I have direct access to the one who has control over 2020.

• Winner
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My interest was in the three who appeared, not Syd Roth.

Which one of the three asked for money?
It's very telling and unfortunate that you can't see how all 3 of them are asking for money. They have a slick enough operation that you can't even see it. I guess they're smarter than just asking for it directly; I just don't know how it fools anyone, it's so transparent to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's the beginning of a new year so the "prophets" and their proponents are coming out of the woodwork with their "what's gonna happen this year" guesses.

This is an annual occurrence and shouldn't surprise anyone, and there will be a greater number of guesses since, in some folk's minds, this marks the start of another decade.

Time for them to fill up their coffers.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes these guys have a track record of prophetic accuracy and spoke about what to expect in 2020.

Well it would be nice if they are right about the stuff they are saying now.

I however was in the Prophetic end of the Charismatic movement in the 1990s and I heard all the stuff prophesied back then, and in the late 80s about the Prophetic movement. Their was lots and lots of unfulfilled stuff.

\ Lots of people were predicting that Bill Clinton was going to repent during Lewinsky and impeachment and that their was going to be a "Revival in the Whitehouse".

\ It was prophesied that there was going to be Televised confrontations of the prophets vs. the psychics by multiple sources. Except for a minor scuffle on a local public access channel that didn't happen.

\ Bill Hamon prophesied that there was going to be a War with the United States and China in the late 90s to early Millennium. China would loose but it would mark the end of the US as a super power and the rise of the European Union. But when the time came when this was on the horizon this got redefined as something that would only happen if there was not intercessory prayer.

Well those are the most notable ones, but lots of other lofty ones in regards to the Prophetic Movement and how it was going to lead Christians and Christianity.

On the issue of fulfilled prophecies it is really easy to reinterpret a past prophesy so that it doesn't miss. Which reminds me of a funny Far Side cartoon of an archer at an archery range who paints bullesyes around missed shots so he is a perfect shot.

I will state a few worries.
1) Not everything of Biblical prophesy is conditional, when God prophesies things often they are going to come pass regardless. The Fact is that much prophesy is giving is to give direction and build faith in people. In the Charismatic movement it seems like we almost have an erosion of belief in the Sovereignty and Providence of God. God can only accomplish things when "there is the Power of Positive thinking" of his audience.

2) There is a bit Jingoism to some of this stuff. I'm an American and conservative and would like God to bless my side etc, but there is a limitation to that. God being God should be transcendent, seeing that he is self existent etc.

3) In Old Testament times prophets were more accurate. Prophets like Samuel never had any words "Fall to the ground". According to saint Paul, we have a "Better Covenant" than that of the Old One and it is better in every way. (Hebrews 8:7) Given these truths the standard for accuracy should be much much higher for words. Many people like Rick Joyner accept a 70% accuracy rate and accept that immaturity is an acceptable reason for missing etc. And well that seems deficient to me.

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I ignored the Razmataz and just considered the substance and content from these three gentlemen who have a proven prophetic gift.

But hey - nothing has changed - the messenger is considered insane, demonic or both...

Sounds familiar ??

Yeah that does sound familiar. I used to think and say the same thing against the Catholic Church. Many other people say it to this day, that the Catholic Church is insane or demonic, or both. I used to believe the same. Then I began actually studying their beliefs rather than just forming an opinion on something that I had never actually studied, long story short converted from Lutheran Protestantism into the Roman Catholic Church.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,883.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
they are the ones who are on the exclusive dvd content and books you get with the suggested donation, they are also the ones partnering with Syd Roth so every one of them are implicitly asking for money. regardless if the prophecies are true they are selling it hidden under the label "donation", package in Syd Roth's market which is a mechanism for self-support to pay for stuff like the compensation of the prophets in question.

I get the asking amount doesn't seem like much (to some it may be) and you do get some products, arguably the value of the donation (assuming you kept it to the minimum) I didn't go through it with a fine-tooth comb so there could be some other catches I'm missing too. The point is if it is true and God's word you don't package it and sell it you do whatever you can so everyone hears it. It seems to me they are doing whatever they can do to get you to give a donation, such as in the catchphrase "This is exclusive for our supernatural audience":doh:

I don't know the guy or the prophets in question and I have no idea what their motivation is but I'm not interested in what they're selling. If I want to know, I have direct access to the one who has control over 2020.

I have never yet been to a church that doesn't ask for donations. (Lots of false Pastors around on that basis)

However - as expected just about every response is aimed at the messenger rather than weighing the message.

Don't we just love to discredit the messenger - they did the same to Jeremiah.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.