Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I respectfully disagree with you but it's all good.

Well, the stellar parallax predicted by Galileo really has been observed, starting in 1838.

But if you wish to use a frame of reference centred on the Earth, nothing in modern physics prevents you from doing so.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Should we differentiate the difference between Geocentrism / the stars, sun and moon moving
VS
Flat Earth ?

The reason I ask is because The Holy Church Fathers Are Crystal Clear that the stars, moon and sun are what is moving not the earth.

Science also proved it is the heavens above us moving, and not the earth through an experiment known as Airy's Failure. It's called that because it failed to prove the earth is moving, but proved the opposite instead.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,481.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Very interesting reading on that link. It demonstrates (for those people who never click on links) that this "Airy’s failure" nonsense is a complete misrepresentation of what Airy actually did.

Even if that were true, which it isn't (but you go ahead and gobble it up), there are more experiments than that, including the Michelson-Morley experiment which proved the earth wasn't rotating. It was for this reason Einstein had to come up with his special relativity theory.

Now, you can go find sites that tell more lies saying that is not the case, just as you can for Airy's Failure, but Einstein has been quoted more than once stating that was indeed the case.

Unless you're drunk or at an amusement park, you're not spinning. Never have. Never will.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
including the Michelson-Morley experiment which proved the earth wasn't rotating.

No it did not prove that. It proved that there was not a hypothetical medium named the "aether" that propagated light through the universe. The experiment did use the well understood rotation of the earth as a component of that experiment.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
No it did not prove that. It proved that there was not a hypothetical medium named the "aether" that propagated light through the universe. The experiment did use the well understood rotation of the earth as a component of that experiment.

Ok. I guess you know better than those involved. I'm humbled to be in your presence.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok. I guess you know better than those involved. I'm humbled to be in your presence.

Everyone with a basic science education knows what the Michelson-Morley experiment did and did not do.

And there is no doubt of the rotation of the earth; it can be demonstrated in multiple ways.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,481.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I can understand people back in ancient times questioning if the earth was flat or spherical but in these modern times it makes no sense whatsoever that people actually believe that the earth is flat!

Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

No need to be self abasing but I do have extensive scientific qualifications and experience. But you are correct --- I did not know either Michelson or Morely personally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I made this video as a way to edify Christians on God's creation but even more so to bring people to the knowledge and truth of Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible (message to do that at end of video) through pulling them in with the truth of flat earth.

What do you guys think of it?
Any criticism/critique/suggestions welcome.

Thank you, Austin
One observation (in the video) is the star you have labeled venus, is that not actually the star jupiter.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
And as for:
Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that God created a universe/outer space. Where the sun, moon, stars, are located thousand and millions of miles away. Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that God created planets. Only heaven, earth, the sun, moon and stars (host of heaven) is stated as being Gods creation. The sun, moon and stars are located above the stationary earth in the raqia (firmament, expanse, vault), between two bodies of water that the raqia separated and is still separating, the oceans and a body of water above the raqia.

The Bible also never mentions airplanes, submarines, automobiles, tanks, brain surgery, the autonomic nervous system etc. but they plainly exist. Some Christians prefer to call ignorance "defense of the scriptures" when it is nothing of the sort. All that this kind of nonsense does is to make it far less likely that those who understand mathematics or the sciences will find in scripture or in the Christian community anything worthy.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And as for:

The Bible also never mentions airplanes, submarines, automobiles, tanks, brain surgery, the autonomic nervous system etc. but they plainly exist. Some Christians prefer to call ignorance "defense of the scriptures" when it is nothing of the sort. All that this kind of nonsense does is to make it far less likely that those who understand mathematics or the sciences will find in scripture or in the Christian community anything worthy.
The Bible does mention Gods creation and what God created. And the science lies are not there.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From russianvids

Two things I know for certain:
  • the Earth is a globe
  • lies come from Satan
On the morning of May 13, 2011, Mercury, Venus, Mars, and Jupiter were indeed all visible: The planets align over New South Wales - ABC Central Coast NSW - Australian Broadcasting Corporation

This was exactly as predicted by standard solar system models:

................. R.A. / Declination
Mercury
: 1h 41m 2s / +7° 7.2'
Venus: 1h 39m 47s / +8° 35.5'
Mars: 1h 56m 56s / +11° 17.9'
Jupiter: 1h 34m 26s / +8° 40.6'

See the digital orrery at Solar System Live for that day:

Solar.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Everyone with a basic science education knows what the Michelson-Morley experiment did and did not do.

Since that by definition excludes flat earthers this is not really helpful.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
The Bible does mention Gods creation and what God created. And the science lies are not there.

See, what you have done is you've elevated the allegorical language used to describe WHY the world is and made it the definition of HOW it is and it simply is not that. You are perilously close to making the truth of God's world and word laughable to those who do understand the science and math of it.

Upvote 0