May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So, you want people to prove the supernatural using only natural means?.....Talk about a stacked deck....That's like asking to prove astronomy without ever seeing the sky.....gonna be a dull thread.....

Upvote 0

Occam's Razor

Methodological-naturalist
Mar 18, 2016
United States
Visit site
✟7,702.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So, you want people to prove the supernatural using only natural means?.....Talk about a stacked deck....That's like asking to prove astronomy without ever seeing the sky.....gonna be a dull thread.....
The statements that I prohibited are not ways to prove the existance of god. If a Muslim used those, would you believe him?

Upvote 0

Occam's Razor

Mar 18, 2016
United States
Visit site
✟7,702.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If I asked you to prove the natural using only the supernatural, could you do it (using essentially the same criteria you gave in the opposite)?
But that is not how rationalism and empiricism work. We live in the natural, not the spiritual. You are trying to tap-dance to say "god done it" without giving me scientific proof. Just answer the question using scientific evidence.

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But that is not how rationalism and empiricism work. We live in the natural, not the spiritual. You are trying to tap-dance to say "god done it" without giving me scientific proof. Just answer the question using scientific evidence.
Face it, you wouldn't believe in God unless He appeared right in front of you. That's the only evidence you would accept: Obviously a complex universe fine tuned for our extraordinary existence isn't enough for you. No one convinced me Jesus existed with argumentation or empirical evidence, but I simply read His word and followed Him as a sheep follows his shepherd.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, I don't dance. Guess you didn't understand why I flipped the question around....that's ok. But the question you are asking is too broad; mind if I focus on one to start with? I say God created the universe....I have absolutely no scientific evidence.....how about you?

Upvote 0

Occam's Razor

Mar 18, 2016
United States
Visit site
✟7,702.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Face it, you wouldn't believe in God unless He appeared right in front of you. That's the only evidence you would accept: Obviously a complex universe fine tuned for our extraordinary existence isn't enough for you. No one convinced me Jesus existed with argumentation or empirical evidence, but I simply read His word and followed Him as a sheep follows his shepherd.

"Face it, you wouldn't believe in Allah, or Buddha, or Kali, or Krishna unless they appeared right in front of you. That's the only evidence you would accept: Obviously a complex universe fine tuned for our extraordinary existence isn't enough for you. No one convinced me they existed with argumentation or empirical evidence, but I simply read His word and followed Him as a sheep follows his shepherd."

1. How do you know what I'll believe?
  2. Same can be said for other religions.
  3. Yes, if he did reveal himself, that would be evidence. But that is not necessary for me. All I need is scientic evidence, nothing more, nothing less.

Upvote 0

Occam's Razor

Mar 18, 2016
United States
Visit site
✟7,702.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, I don't dance. Guess you didn't understand why I flipped the question around....that's ok. But the question you are asking is too broad; mind if I focus on one to start with? I say God created the universe....I have absolutely no scientific evidence.....how about you?
What do you mean "how about me", it is irrelevant?

Upvote 0

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Face it, you wouldn't believe in Allah, or Buddha, or Kali, or Krishna unless they appeared right in front of you. That's the only evidence you would accept: Obviously a complex universe fine tuned for our extraordinary existence isn't enough for you. No one convinced me they existed with argumentation or empirical evidence, but I simply read His word and followed Him as a sheep follows his shepherd."

1. How do you know what I'll believe?
  2. Same can be said for other religions.
  3. Yes, if he did reveal himself, that would be evidence. But that is not necessary for me. All I need is scientic evidence, nothing more, nothing less.
I will never believe in Allah, Buddha, or Kali, because I know that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. The Spirit of God has revealed this to me, and unless he reveals it to you then you will never believe in the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.

What kind of scientific evidence do you need? Have you not studied biology? Can you not see the design present in every cell?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
What do you mean "how about me", it is irrelevant?
No, you must have evidence that the universe was created by some other means than God, otherwise how can you refute my assertion?

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Occam's Razor

Mar 18, 2016
United States
Visit site
✟7,702.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, you must have evidence that the universe was created by some other means than God, otherwise how can you refute my assertion?
My friend, I did not make a claim yet. The burden of proof is still on you. How are you going to jump to me when you have not even presented any evidence yet?

Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

Occam's Razor

Mar 18, 2016
United States
Visit site
✟7,702.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I will never believe in Allah, Buddha, or Kali, because I know that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. The Spirit of God has revealed this to me, and unless he reveals it to you then you will never believe in the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.

What kind of scientific evidence do you need? Have you not studied biology? Can you not see the design present in every cell?
Designed by whom? You cannot assert the biblical god is your creator without evidence. Just like you would ask a Muslim to prove Allah is the one true god.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ClothedInGrace

Soli Deo Gloria
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2015
✟50,101.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let me ask you this, if I was a Muslim and I told you that my god was true and I did not present any evidence, what would you say?
Allah is not my God. Jesus is my God. They say they believe the Bible yet their Quran contradicts it.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
My friend, I did not make a claim yet. The burden of proof is still on you. How are you going to jump to me when you have not even presented any evidence yet?
I gave you my "evidence".....God created the universe. Refute that statement....I don't think you can.....

Upvote 0