✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They're the worst...! :eek:

(Your link did not include a picture. I guess that nobody has seen one and lived...!)
full

They've found fossils that suggest that such an animal actually did exist once, IIRC.

• Informative
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have heard that when Supernatural beings talk to us, their language is so more advanced than ours but they are supernatural so they merely think what they want to say and it is conveyed to us in our own language so we can understand it but they are not actually speaking English. It is conveyed into whatever language the human understands.

I'm not sure why you would believe this.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So who has returned from the afterlife to give us this information? (and why did this return not make headlines around the globe?)
So who has returned from the afterlife to give us this information? (and why did this return not make headlines around the globe?)

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.

18 And on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days My Spirit, and they shall prophesy.

19 And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath — blood and fire and vapor of smoke. Acts 2:17

It is happening now, and in case you didn't notice unless the headline promotes anything progressive, we do not hear about it because our media has been bought by special interest groups and the last thing they will report on in Bible prophesy or anything holy concerning our souls which might do us any good. Look up " hell testimony" and you will see more in the past 2 years than ever and they are compelling.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not sure why you would believe this.

-CryptoLutheran
And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.

18 And on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days My Spirit, and they shall prophesy.

19 And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath — blood and fire and vapor of smoke.

This is happening now and what is being told in these visions is profound. It is in the Bible! Why wouldn't I believe it? It does not tell us who gets the dreams and visions but when you watch their testimonies and they are grown men crying, you cam tell which ones are moving and real.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

19 And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath — blood and fire and vapor of smoke.

This is happening now and what is being told in these visions is profound. It is in the Bible! Why wouldn't I believe it? It does not tell us who gets the dreams and visions but when you watch their testimonies and they are grown men crying, you cam tell which ones are moving and real.

Yes, the last Presidential election showed us the "prophets" with their visions and how clear and accurate they all were. :doh::sigh:

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the last Presidential election showed us the "prophets" with their visions and how clear and accurate they all were. :doh::sigh:
Contrary to local opinion, the US is not God's chosen land. Everyone knows the chosen land is UK. Unless you're from Godzone (aka New Zealand).

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,533.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Contrary to local opinion, the US is not God's chosen land. Everyone knows the chosen land is UK. Unless you're from Godzone (aka New Zealand).
Let's be accurate here. The chosen land is not the UK, but Scotland. (This includes the northern bit of England. The Lake District with its lochs and glens is obviously Scottish. Then consider the Geordies, inhabitants of Newcastle. Alcoholic, mysoginistic, football lovers whose speech is unintelligble to outsiders - obviously Scottish.)

Thinks: Uranus seems a long way away now.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The US election has squat to do with Bible prophesy as the US is not even in Revelation. We arent even a Superpower at that time and maybe its because of this election. I think Biden is going to do everything to try to undo what President Trump did to make himself seem like he is better and it is going to be the wrong decision. He needs to pull his head out and do what is in the best interest of the country. If Trump did some good things he needs to leave them alone.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,532.00
Faith
Atheist
People have always had visions, especially in times that make them disturbed and anxious. Visions will generally be interpreted according to their beliefs.

Both visions and dreams, especially lucid dreams (I've had a few, and they're unforgettable), can be hyper-vivid and emotionally disturbing; that doesn't mean they signify anything more than the individual's psychological and emotional triggers. YMMV.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
People have always had visions, especially in times that make them disturbed and anxious. Visions will generally be interpreted according to their beliefs.

Both visions and dreams, especially lucid dreams (I've had a few, and they're unforgettable), can be hyper-vivid and emotionally disturbing; that doesn't mean they signify anything more than the individual's psychological and emotional triggers. YMMV.
I am just going off what the Bible says. You can Naysay it all you want but Jesus mentioned this for a reason. Unless you have seen the testimonies you cannot understand that these are different.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

If this were the place to debate this matter, I'd go into greater length about the events discussed in the second chapter of the Acts of the Apostles.

But as it pertains to here, I think it only sufficient to point out that just because someone says something, or even if someone believes they saw or experienced something, is not sufficient grounds to believe it. People from many religious traditions (and those of no religious tradition at all) have experiences. And I see no reason to, in many cases, even believe that they are lying; but neither do I see reason to believe that they are true. The human mind is a complicated thing, and our perceptions do not always match up with reality.

I won't begrudge you accepting these stories on the basis of faith; but as both a fellow Christian and as someone who believes in the importance of critical thinking, I think I would be wrong to not caution you against doing so.

I make an effort to heavily scrutinize and be skeptical of religious experience claims. That skepticism doesn't arise from a place of unfaithfulness, but of faithfulness. St. Jude in his letter commends that we hold firm to the faith as it was delivered to us, and St. John speaks of the importance of discernment. We should be skeptical, even of our own experiences, let alone the purported experiences of others.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,532.00
Faith
Atheist
I am just going off what the Bible says. You can Naysay it all you want but Jesus mentioned this for a reason. Unless you have seen the testimonies you cannot understand that these are different.
I'm not naysaying anything, just providing information.

It's understandable that whenever times become turbulent and scary, people that believe in the end-times will start making their voices and claims heard - but it's happened many times before, which, even for believers, should make the prior probability of any one such time being the prophesied end-time pretty small ;)

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The US election has squat to do with Bible prophesy as the US is not even in Revelation. We arent even a Superpower at that time and maybe its because of this election. I think Biden is going to do everything to try to undo what President Trump did to make himself seem like he is better and it is going to be the wrong decision. He needs to pull his head out and do what is in the best interest of the country. If Trump did some good things he needs to leave them alone.

The point is that self-proclaimed prophets, seers, and visionaries are very often mostly wrong (and even here I feel like I'm being quite charitable).

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why don't we pronounce it like 'you're On us?' That sounds better than the alternatives and is more like the original pronunciation.

Now now. We mustn't deprive 5th graders of their giggle fest

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Astrophile

Aug 30, 2013
England
✟233,569.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Widowed
I knew it was a matter of time before Futurama turned up in this thread.
The original name Georgium Sidus should have been retained to avoid any embarrassment.

If Uranus had been named Georgium Sidus, what would Neptune and Pluto have been named? What names would have been given to the actinide elements (uranium, neptunium and plutonium)?

Perhaps we should remember that uranium (named after Uranus) decays into lead (plumbum).

Upvote 0