Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why don't we pronounce it like 'you're On us?' That sounds better than the alternatives and is more like the original pronunciation.
I pronounce it like urine -us. Any other way is just vulgar with visuals. Yuck. Especially whoever you are talking to.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I pronounce it like urine -us. Any other way is just vulgar with visuals. Yuck. Especially whoever you are talking to.
As a Brit I find it funny that somebody whose name I would pronounce "Jacksy" is complaining about images of an anus.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As a Brit I find it funny that somebody whose name I would pronounce "Jacksy" is complaining about images of an anus.
It is not my real name. Its a username. As a Brit you can call me Jacqueline thank you. And where was I complaining? I was just responding in good fun.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It is not my real name. Its a username. As a Brit you can call me Jacqueline thank you. And where was I complaining? I was just responding in good fun.
Lighten up. If you don't see the humour in what I wrote then I suggest you go back and have another read.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Lighten up. If you don't see the humour in what I wrote then I suggest you go back and have another read.
Of course I do! I even read it with an English accent. We could always call it Bum planet or a fanny planet....oh wait- thats not what fanny means there huh?

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

"Jacksie" is British slang for backside, bum - the place where the sun don't shine.

OB

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Jacksie" is British slang for backside, bum - the place where the sun don't shine.

OB
Oh I see, well it isn't in America. You guys use words like Barmy, Faff, Chuffer and Ligger. If you call someone a Ligger in America you might get shot.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Even if I read it again I still wouldn't have gotten it until someone told me. I don't know British slang- I am AMERICAN. So it was greek to me!

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Oh I see, well it isn't in America. You guys use words like Barmy, Faff, Chuffer and Ligger. If you call someone a Ligger in America you might get shot.

I'm not British - I'm Australian.

We have our own extensive range of nicknames for naughty bits. :)

OB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You Americans are so insular.
I bet you had no idea by nationality more American tourists are injured or killed by Australian Drop Bears than any other.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I bet you had no idea by nationality more American tourists are injured or killed by Australian Drop Bears than any other.

Drop bears aren't the problem they were. Most of them got badly toasted in last year's bushfires along with their cousins - the koalas.

The currently featured killers are sharks - seriously - the shark attack rate seems to have taken off.

OB

• Agree
Reactions: sjastro
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Which should be heard prolifically leading up to Tuesday of this week! (Meaning: Australia Day!) :)

While there's a bit of official fanfare and mock flogging of convicts, Australia Day really isn't a big deal.

I suspect most of us wouldn't know it was Australia Day if it wasn't for the public holiday.

OB

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Even if I read it again I still wouldn't have gotten it until someone told me. I don't know British slang- I am AMERICAN. So it was greek to me!
I provided a link to the definition. It's why the word Jacksy is in blue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...killed by Australian Drop Bears than any other.
They're the worst...! :eek:

(Your link did not include a picture. I guess that nobody has seen one and lived...!)
full

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That is rather judgemental. Us "AMERICANS" are all very very different and there is no way you can bunch us all together like we are all the same. That is just foolish.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
They're the worst...! :eek:

(Your link did not include a picture. I guess that nobody has seen one and lived...!)
full
They did but it was riding a unicorn, with a gnome and a nymph.

• Haha
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0