Problems with Faith Alone Theology and the Double Imputation Theory.

JohnMartin

Nov 13, 2016
Sydney
✟10,765.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You are mistaken re faith alone and the first it is seen is with Abraham whose right standing before was brought about by believing God with accounted (imputation of righteousness). James shows that true faith is PROVEN by works but he is not denying the teaching of JBFA. You misunderstand this. RC say that the NT and OT are the word of God, they say that this does NOT constitute the full revelation of God. Now logic will tell you that there is no inaccuracy with God so I invite you to use the 66 books as the standard from which to test the authenticity of the RC additions and said infallible statements from RC including Trent. You will find that Trent is in severe opposition to the 66 books if you are willing to use the Scriptures as the standard even as Jesus did. The word of God: yes, Jesus appealed to the WRITTEN Scriptures! The Bereans were COMMENDED. Why? Check out the Bereans use of the standard. Isaiah appealed to the standard. RC has usurped the place of God and the Scriptures. Yours is a fight against God. You have to trust that the RC have got it all right for you personally, the three requirements for baptism all absolutely essential: Trent says they are! My hope is directly in Christ. I love Him because He first loved me. It was not through the RC I came to faith in Christ. It is Scripture alone, Christ alone, grace alone, faith alone and for the glory of God alone. May God have mercy on your soul by His sovereign power for His honour and your good.

Faith always assumes hope and love. The union of faith, hope and love is assumed in Gen 15:6. Faith alone is an invention not found in the bible, nor church history.

JM

Upvote 0

sixpointer

Jun 28, 2016
New Zealand
✟15,843.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Faith always assumes hope and love. The union of faith, hope and love is assumed in Gen 15:6. Faith alone is an invention not found in the bible, nor church history.

JM

No, faith in Christ is the result of God's regenerating love and is the source of actual and objective hope rooted and grounded in the person and work of Christ. Now if you are willing to use the 66 books as the standard from which to judge the RC system that would be great. As I have already said, RC is at variance with what God has revealed in His word and an example of this is your denial of faith alone as it relates to man's reconciliation and acquittal before God. Faith must never be confused with sanctification, something that RC does. You need to look closely at the foundation of Abraham's relationship with God: it was NOT his works, works FOLLOW. Abraham is the father of all who believe now this does not square with RC so you reject it and that is sad. Remember you have to hope that RC have got it all right each and every time a rite was and is performed OTHERWISE according to RC it's invalid! My hope is in Christ. My boast is in Christ! It is Christ I direct you to.

Upvote 0

JohnMartin

Nov 13, 2016
Sydney
✟10,765.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No, faith in Christ is the result of God's regenerating love and is the source of actual and objective hope rooted and grounded in the person and work of Christ. Now if you are willing to use the 66 books as the standard from which to judge the RC system that would be great. As I have already said, RC is at variance with what God has revealed in His word and an example of this is your denial of faith alone as it relates to man's reconciliation and acquittal before God. Faith must never be confused with sanctification, something that RC does. You need to look closely at the foundation of Abraham's relationship with God: it was NOT his works, works FOLLOW. Abraham is the father of all who believe now this does not square with RC so you reject it and that is sad. Remember you have to hope that RC have got it all right each and every time a rite was and is performed OTHERWISE according to RC it's invalid! My hope is in Christ. My boast is in Christ! It is Christ I direct you to.

Pauls reference to works means the Mosaic covenant works such as circumcision. Paul was not speaking of good deeds as the Reformers mistakenly thought. Faith alone theology is a grave error.
JM

Upvote 0

sixpointer

Jun 28, 2016
New Zealand
✟15,843.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Pauls reference to works means the Mosaic covenant works such as circumcision. Paul was not speaking of good deeds as the Reformers mistakenly thought. Faith alone theology is a grave error.
JM

Not so. By the keeping of the law NO flesh shall be justified.

Cain was told "if you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But Cain was NOT a man of faith. Likewise ppl came to Jesus asking what good thing they could do to gain eternal life. Jesus dircted them to the law: ie perfectly keep ALL of the law. Why did He direct them to the law? To show them that they could attain to the requirements of the law? No! Rather to show them that they could not. The law is the school master to bring ppl to Christ.

RC deny JBFA and you mistakenly follow them in this. You can only come to a right relationship with God His way. I direct you to Christ yet you scorn this. You have not answered how you can trust a system that is riddled with holes as RC is. I have mentioned the rites. They all have had to be administered efficaciously for the RC person to have any hope whatsoever. Then there is dying in your mortal sin: straight to Hell! Jesus taught that NOT one of His sheep would EVER be lost yet you cling to RC and not Christ and the Scriptures. Again, I implore you: be reconciled to God!

Upvote 0

JohnMartin

Nov 13, 2016
Sydney
✟10,765.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Not so. By the keeping of the law NO flesh shall be justified.

Cain was told "if you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But Cain was NOT a man of faith. Likewise ppl came to Jesus asking what good thing they could do to gain eternal life. Jesus dircted them to the law: ie perfectly keep ALL of the law. Why did He direct them to the law? To show them that they could attain to the requirements of the law? No! Rather to show them that they could not. The law is the school master to bring ppl to Christ.

RC deny JBFA and you mistakenly follow them in this. You can only come to a right relationship with God His way. I direct you to Christ yet you scorn this. You have not answered how you can trust a system that is riddled with holes as RC is. I have mentioned the rites. They all have had to be administered efficaciously for the RC person to have any hope whatsoever. Then there is dying in your mortal sin: straight to Hell! Jesus taught that NOT one of His sheep would EVER be lost yet you cling to RC and not Christ and the Scriptures. Again, I implore you: be reconciled to God!

Gods way is by faith and not by faith alone. Every time the word faith is used in scripture, the reformers thought the word meant faith alone, when in fact the word meant faith working with hope and love. Nowhere is faith alone taught. Many times faith is taught, but never faith alone.

JM

Upvote 0

sixpointer

Jun 28, 2016
New Zealand
✟15,843.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Gods way is by faith and not by faith alone. Every time the word faith is used in scripture, the reformers thought the word meant faith alone, when in fact the word meant faith working with hope and love. Nowhere is faith alone taught. Many times faith is taught, but never faith alone.

JM

You are confusing justification and sanctification and this is an RC fault.

You have not addressed my repeated reference to hope having no basis for RC because it is all tied to the hope that the RC get the rites right EVERY time.

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
When discussing “faith alone, grace alone” versus “acts” people get cause and effect flipped around quite a bit. The beatitudes weren’t a road map to salvation; they were a reflection of the saved. We don’t do good works because we are trying to leverage salvation from God (unless you’re a follower of Joel Osteen and trying to guilt God into getting you a new bass boat). The good works we do are a result of our faith in the Lord and acceptance of His Grace. I don’t bring my wife flowers because I want something from her. I do it because we deeply love one another.
Plenty of men who love their wives cheat on them, or dishonor them in other ways. If you fall to a temptation and cheat on your wife tomorrow, would you be surprised if she divorced you? You need to keep bringing your wife flowers, doing other acts of love, and resisting any temptations to be unfaithful, or you will be sleeping on the couch. This is the role that good works plays in Christianity - although you placed your faith in Jesus today, you need to continue to honor God tomorrow and to refrain from serious sin, or He will cast you out as well.

This whole concept of salvation through acts is a great theology if you’re selling something like indulgences (sorry, I meant “offering them in exchange for charitable donations”), but it’s not Biblical. To the people who believe we are saved through our own actions I ask this: What exactly do you think was the point of Jesus dying on the cross?
Salvation by faith alone is unbiblical. "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

You do not seem to understand the Catholic teaching, which is set forth in the Decree on Justification in the Council of Trent. The first Canon is "If any one saith, that man may be justified before God by his own works, whether done through the teaching of human nature, or that of the law, without the grace of God through Jesus Christ; let him be anathema."

You also do not seem to understand the Catholic teaching on indulgences.

Jesus died to merit the grace by which men are made righteous before God, and to set you free from the slavery of sin. He did not die so that you can sin with impunity and without consequence, which is precisely where a "faith alone" theology ultimately leads.

Upvote 0

sixpointer

Jun 28, 2016
New Zealand
✟15,843.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Plenty of men who love their wives cheat on them, or dishonor them in other ways. If you fall to a temptation and cheat on your wife tomorrow, would you be surprised if she divorced you? You need to keep bringing your wife flowers, doing other acts of love, and resisting any temptations to be unfaithful, or you will be sleeping on the couch. This is the role that good works plays in Christianity - although you placed your faith in Jesus today, you need to continue to honor God tomorrow and to refrain from serious sin, or He will cast you out as well.

Salvation by faith alone is unbiblical. "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

You do not seem to understand the Catholic teaching, which is set forth in the Decree on Justification in the Council of Trent. The first Canon is "If any one saith, that man may be justified before God by his own works, whether done through the teaching of human nature, or that of the law, without the grace of God through Jesus Christ; let him be anathema."

You also do not seem to understand the Catholic teaching on indulgences.

Jesus died to merit the grace by which men are made righteous before God, and to set you free from the slavery of sin. He did not die so that you can sin with impunity and without consequence, which is precisely where a "faith alone" theology ultimately leads.

You are cherry picking.

A doctrine is not established on the basis of one verse or part of a verse. You say:

"Salvation by faith alone is unbiblical. "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

It is NOT salvation by faith alone!

You cloud the issue.

Salvation is an umbrella term. It encompasses many things. That first.

As I have said now several times, justification is used in different ways even as other words such all world and all are in Scripture.

CONTEXT is so vitally important, something that the devil did NOT do and Jesus corrected him on this. It is too easy to twist the Scriptures.

Justification is a non repeatable legal occurrence and brings about acquittal. It is brought about by the grace of God alone, through Christ alone and it comes to me as I exercise God given faith (Eph. 2) in Christ.

Now, that's NOT the end of it all!

Though justification IS by faith alone, genuine faith is NEVER alone

it is accompanied by sanctification, hence James says that faith without works is dead but read all of Romans and read all of James and see all of this in its context.

You also say:

"You do not seem to understand the Catholic teaching, which is set forth in the Decree on Justification in the Council of Trent. The first Canon is "If any one saith, that man may be justified before God by his own works, whether done through the teaching of human nature, or that of the law, without the grace of God through Jesus Christ; let him be anathema."

But you are mistaken.

Yes that is a little of what Trent says.
Of course Trent says this. I have never disagreed that Trent says this. That is the problem as I have said they group justification WITH sanctification as something inseperable!

Read Trent. It also says a huge number of anathemas re lots of other things to ppl who teach JBFA.

But you refuse to acknowledge that your hope is built on RC rites that can never be proven to be efficacious from an RC perspective. Remember: mortal sin then death OR a non efficacious 'absolution = Hell! That's the RC system. See the beauty instead of Christianity: the simplicity and beauty and certainty! Christ said COME TO ME! RC says come to the papal system as we are the conduit of grace. Such a sad sad thing! Again I simply point you DIRECTLY to Christ yet you are unwilling. Why is that?

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
You are cherry picking.

A doctrine is not established on the basis of one verse or part of a verse. You say:

"Salvation by faith alone is unbiblical. "Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only."

It is NOT salvation by faith alone!

You cloud the issue.

Salvation is an umbrella term. It encompasses many things. That first.

As I have said now several times, justification is used in different ways even as other words such all world and all are in Scripture.

CONTEXT is so vitally important, something that the devil did NOT do and Jesus corrected him on this. It is too easy to twist the Scriptures.

Justification is a non repeatable legal occurrence and brings about acquittal. It is brought about by the grace of God alone, through Christ alone and it comes to me as I exercise God given faith (Eph. 2) in Christ.

Now, that's NOT the end of it all!

Though justification IS by faith alone, genuine faith is NEVER alone

it is accompanied by sanctification, hence James says that faith without works is dead but read all of Romans and read all of James and see all of this in its context.

You also say:

"You do not seem to understand the Catholic teaching, which is set forth in the Decree on Justification in the Council of Trent. The first Canon is "If any one saith, that man may be justified before God by his own works, whether done through the teaching of human nature, or that of the law, without the grace of God through Jesus Christ; let him be anathema."

But you are mistaken.

Yes that is a little of what Trent says.
Of course Trent says this. I have never disagreed that Trent says this. That is the problem as I have said they group justification WITH sanctification as something inseperable!

Read Trent. It also says a huge number of anathemas re lots of other things to ppl who teach JBFA.

But you refuse to acknowledge that your hope is built on RC rites that can never be proven to be efficacious from an RC perspective. Remember: mortal sin then death OR a non efficacious 'absolution = Hell! That's the RC system. See the beauty instead of Christianity: the simplicity and beauty and certainty! Christ said COME TO ME! RC says come to the papal system as we are the conduit of grace. Such a sad sad thing! Again I simply point you DIRECTLY to Christ yet you are unwilling. Why is that?
The context of James also proves your theology wrong. He asks whether faith alone can save you. The answer that he gave is quoted above.

Scripture does not say that justification is a nonrepeatable legal occurrence. That is what many people try to convince themselves of so that they can sin freely with ease of mind. I hope that you are not one of them.

Catholics commune with Jesus directly, so you are wrong there. And your personal attacks are rather un-Christ like. Are you sure that you know Him? If not, you remain welcome to enter His Church. Have a good night.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnMartin

Nov 13, 2016
Sydney
✟10,765.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You are confusing justification and sanctification and this is an RC fault.

You have not addressed my repeated reference to hope having no basis for RC because it is all tied to the hope that the RC get the rites right EVERY time.

The reformers separated justification and sanctification as part of their new invention. There is no NT evidence for either faith alone or the above separation.

The sacraments are normatively efficacious. The intention required to affect the sacrament is present when the minister acts to perform the sacrament. The outward sign of the actions performed are enough to indicate the minister has intended to confect the sacrament. The condition of intention is required to ensure the sacraments are not present in the cases when a heretic intends to mock a sacrament.

JM

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christ never acts alone and faith is never alone.

M
He died alone, and was raised by his Father..
And its through His obedient faith we are saved...through. He was obefient to His Father unto death[thats faith] and this Faith we must not only enter through but are saved by doing..as He did[love] by the spirit...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sixpointer

Jun 28, 2016
New Zealand
✟15,843.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The context of James also proves your theology wrong. He asks whether faith alone can save you. The answer that he gave is quoted above.

Scripture does not say that justification is a nonrepeatable legal occurrence. That is what many people try to convince themselves of so that they can sin freely with ease of mind. I hope that you are not one of them.

Catholics commune with Jesus directly, so you are wrong there. And your personal attacks are rather un-Christ like. Are you sure that you know Him? If not, you remain welcome to enter His Church. Have a good night.

The issue is that you will not use the standard that Jesus Himself used as the full and final authority. Think of who HE is. Yet He goes to the Scriptures. It is written!

The Bereans were commended. Why was that?

Of course faith alone does not save since faith without works is dead. It is JUSTIFICATION that is alone BUT as I have repeatedly said true saving faith is always followed by sanctification which is progressive.

Of course justification is a once event. Having BEEN justified by faith we (all born again Christians (as if there were any other kind) have peace with God. Those whom He predestined He justified...........He glorified! Read Romans: simply beautiful.

Yes there are those who say there is no sanctification or that it has happened and no works and they live like the world... but that is NOT Christianity and that is not what I am saying and what is more, you know that for I have said it many times.

You say catholics commune directly with Jesus.

I have no doubt that there are RC ppl who are truly regenerate. That is not the issue. It is the system I am first and fore most pointing out. The RC system is corrupt through and through.

No it is Christ like to expose error. Christ overturned the money changers tables. Paul said that if any even an angel from Heaven should preach any other gospel than that which had been received let him be anathema! On the last day Christ will say to MANY: I never knew (loved) you!

Again, having said so many times, I am waiting for your reply regarding the RC persons 'hope' in a system that cannot actually deliver. You have to hope that every single 'absolution' and baptism itself was performed efficaciously. That mortal sin that a RC person committed how can anyone REALLY know it was absolved?? They can not! I have contrasted this with the beauty of knowing Jesus Christ.

You speak of communing with Christ. The Bible says there are any false christs. Mormons have their 'christ'.

If you love the true historical Jesus Christ you will come out of the RC system and you will encourage others to do so.

May God be merciful to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
The issue is that you will not use the standard that Jesus Himself used as the full and final authority. Think of who HE is. Yet He goes to the Scriptures. It is written!

The Bereans were commended. Why was that?

Of course faith alone does not save since faith without works is dead. It is JUSTIFICATION that is alone BUT as I have repeatedly said true saving faith is always followed by sanctification which is progressive.

Of course justification is a once event. Having BEEN justified by faith we (all born again Christians (as if there were any other kind) have peace with God. Those whom He predestined He justified...........He glorified! Read Romans: simply beautiful.

Yes there are those who say there is no sanctification or that it has happened and no works and they live like the world... but that is NOT Christianity and that is not what I am saying and what is more, you know that for I have said it many times.

You say catholics commune directly with Jesus.

I have no doubt that there are RC ppl who are truly regenerate. That is not the issue. It is the system I am first and fore most pointing out. The RC system is corrupt through and through.

No it is Christ like to expose error. Christ overturned the money changers tables. Paul said that if any even an angel from Heaven should preach any other gospel than that which had been received let him be anathema! On the last day Christ will say to MANY: I never knew (loved) you!

Again, having said so many times, I am waiting for your reply regarding the RC persons 'hope' in a system that cannot actually deliver. You have to hope that every single 'absolution' and baptism itself was performed efficaciously. That mortal sin that a RC person committed how can anyone REALLY know it was absolved?? They can not! I have contrasted this with the beauty of knowing Jesus Christ.

You speak of communing with Christ. The Bible says there are any false christs. Mormons have their 'christ'.

If you love the true historical Jesus Christ you will come out of the RC system and you will encourage others to do so.

May God be merciful to you.
It doesn't sound like you have the peace of Christ to me. Are you sure that you know Him, or have you deceived yourself?

If you think that the Catholic faith is corrupt through and through, I suggest that you take it up with Jesus, since He instituted the Sacraments. While you are at it, I suggest that you ask Him to open your mind further and help lead you to more truth, wherever that may lead.

And neither Jesus nor the Apostles practiced Sola Scriptura, nor does the Bible itself teach Sola Scripture, so you lose there as well. Are you following Scripture or what Martin Luther told you to believe about Scripture?

And Catholics beliefs are perfectly consistent with Scripture. It is a Catholic book, after all. You wouldn't even know what the Bible was unless the Catholic Church told you.

And it is Christ like to expose error, I can agree with you there. Your problem is that you have not done that (and how could you, when you have no power to interpret Scripture infallibly, the only thing that you can offer is your best guess). The only thing that you have done is judge other people's hearts, and given that you cannot read them, that is rather un-Christ like, indeed.

Calvin's view of predestination is not supported by Scripture, so you lose there as well. Are you following Jesus or John Calvin? Do you really follow the Scriptures, or do you follow what John Calvin told you to believe about Scripture?

I think John M responded to your question about the sacraments that were instituted by Christ (whatever the point is that you were trying to make). Please feel free to refer to his answer and follow up with him concerning that.

And since you do not believe in the Church that Jesus founded while He was physically present on the Earth, and rely instead on your own interpretation and John Calvin's interpretation, how can you be certain that your interpretation is correct? Are you an infallible interpreter of scripture? Are you really so certain that you are saved as you claim to be? I do not know you, obviously, so I can not say, but your posts do not exactly strike me as being written by someone with a true sense of inner peace. Are you sure that you have it, or have you deceived yourself?

Personally, I don't have absolute mathematical certainty of anything, but I have faith in Jesus, and the Church that He founded and that He is the head of.

I hope that you have a good week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sixpointer

Jun 28, 2016
New Zealand
✟15,843.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't sound like you have the peace of Christ to me. Are you sure that you know Him, or have you deceived yourself?

If you think that the Catholic faith is corrupt through and through, I suggest that you take it up with Jesus, since He instituted the Sacraments. While you are at it, I suggest that you ask Him to open your mind further and help lead you to more truth, wherever that may lead.

And neither Jesus nor the Apostles practiced Sola Scriptura, nor does the Bible itself teach Sola Scripture, so you lose there as well. Are you following Scripture or what Martin Luther told you to believe about Scripture?

And Catholics beliefs are perfectly consistent with Scripture. It is a Catholic book, after all. You wouldn't even know what the Bible was unless the Catholic Church told you.

And it is Christ like to expose error, I can agree with you there. Your problem is that you have not done that (and how could you, when you have no power to interpret Scripture infallibly, the only thing that you can offer is your best guess). The only thing that you have done is judge other people's hearts, and given that you cannot read them, that is rather un-Christ like, indeed.

Calvin's view of predestination is not supported by Scripture, so you lose there as well. Are you following Jesus or John Calvin? Do you really follow the Scriptures, or do you follow what John Calvin told you to believe about Scripture?

I think John M responded to your question about the sacraments that were instituted by Christ (whatever the point is that you were trying to make). Please feel free to refer to his answer and follow up with him concerning that.

And since you do not believe in the Church that Jesus founded while He was physically present on the Earth, and rely instead on your own interpretation and John Calvin's interpretation, how can you be certain that your interpretation is correct? Are you an infallible interpreter of scripture? Are you really so certain that you are saved as you claim to be? I do not know you, obviously, so I can not say, but your posts do not exactly strike me as being written by someone with a true sense of inner peace. Are you sure that you have it, or have you deceived yourself?

Personally, I don't have absolute mathematical certainty of anything, but I have faith in Jesus, and the Church that He founded and that He is the head of.

I hope that you have a good week.

My hope is not in Calvin or any other man. It is Christ alone.

The problem of following man is the deviation that is RC.

As I have said, the RC person HAS to hope that the RC conduit of grace is NOT leaky at all.

Time and again I have asked the same question that remains unanswered regarding the efficacy of the RC rites. Trent pronounces anathema's on this for any who say that all requirements must be met for them to be salvific.

Remember: commit mortal sin followed by death and straight to Hell LIKEWISE if the 'absolution' was not actually effective again straight to Hell. Yes I know they have the patch that's called baptism of desire and such like........ but this too opens yet another can of worms. Do you see why? Who is to say if you have sufficient desire? Who determines these things? Oh look to Christ and see His finished work on the cross: the application of this to me IS my justification and it comes to me WITHOUT my works but His alone!!! That IS what His work did!

Repeatedly it has been said that I do not believe in works! But that is a denial of what I have said. My works do NOT bring about my justification. Christ's work ALONE! And it is faith that secures it or is the vessel it is appropriated. Now AFTER this is when works come in.

Oh, I pray you could see this.

So beautiful. So good! God is so good.

My hope is directly in Christ: His life, His work, His death, His ascension, His intercession, His return.

Oh, Scripture IS its own interpreter and I am sure you will see that if you think it through. Yes, human instruments but ONE divine author! And so, again, beautifully (just like Christ did in dealing with the devil He used this VERY SAME PRINCIPLE of interpretation. Take a look at the method He used. It is wonderful! In other words to rightly understand the passage that the devil was quoting in a cheery picking was and twisting the meaning of it, Christ went to another passage to prove the devil wrong. Of course I am not infallible and do not claim to be. I trust in the One who is and that by the grace of God alone, by faith alone, by Christ alone and for the glory of God alone. Indeed, God IS good:)

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Time and again I have asked the same question that remains unanswered regarding the efficacy of the RC rites.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.

God is so good.
Well. There is at least one thing we can agree on.

Oh, Scripture IS its own interpreter and I am sure you will see that if you think it through. Yes, human instruments but ONE divine author! And so, again, beautifully (just like Christ did in dealing with the devil He used this VERY SAME PRINCIPLE of interpretation. Take a look at the method He used. It is wonderful! In other words to rightly understand the passage that the devil was quoting in a cheery picking was and twisting the meaning of it, Christ went to another passage to prove the devil wrong. Of course I am not infallible and do not claim to be. I trust in the One who is and that by the grace of God alone, by faith alone, by Christ alone and for the glory of God alone. Indeed, God IS good:)
Good. So you admit that your private interpretations of scripture could be wrong. We are making progress.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Salvation by faith alone is unbiblical.

Commit a “mortal sin” and die before confessing it to a priest and you go to hell: unbiblical.

The assumption of Mary: unbiblical.

Praying to Mary: unbiblical

The perpetual virginity of Mary: unbiblical

Praying to saints: unbiblical

Bowing down before statues: unbiblical

We must confess our sins to a priest in order to be forgiven: unbiblical

Purgatory: unbiblical

Indulgences: unbiblical

Simony (ex: the sale of indulgences): unbiblical

Matthew 7:3-5 3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.”

Upvote 0

PeaceB

Apr 20, 2017
Arlington
✟37,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Commit a “mortal sin” and die before confessing it to a priest and you go to hell: unbiblical.

The assumption of Mary: unbiblical.

Praying to Mary: unbiblical

The perpetual virginity of Mary: unbiblical

Praying to saints: unbiblical

Bowing down before statues: unbiblical

We must confess our sins to a priest in order to be forgiven: unbiblical

Purgatory: unbiblical

Indulgences: unbiblical

Simony (ex: the sale of indulgences): unbiblical

Matthew 7:3-5 3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.”
Nothing the Catholic Church teaches contradicts Scripture. It is a Catholic book, after all. But unfortunately for you, the very foundation of your theology is directly contradicted by James 2:24. Have a nice afternoon.

Upvote 0