Problem with Christians, some equate knowing the bible with knowing Jesus. This is false.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Actually, his argument is an argument. His basis for his faith is not necessarily the God who has revealed Himself through the Bible, but a spiritual experience which he has taken to be from God. There is a vast difference between the two and there are many who, having wrapped themselves in mystical experiences, end up rejecting Jesus Christ and His Word in favor of their individual experiences.

Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?
Ok. So without the Bible than who knows who his God even is. He could be another religion and there is nothing to tie his experience to the God of Christianity, so it could be Buddaism or Hinduism or Islaam.

His God is the experience of watching a sunset. I think the Egyptians worshipped the sun God 'Ra'. So from his own words, I'm going to say he is worshipping not Jesus Christ but the sun God, 'Ra'.

He can state he had a religious experience, but that is not the Jesus Christ of the Bible and Christainity or so it seems from what i've been able to read so far. maybe he has more info.

Upvote 0