Problem with Christians, some equate knowing the bible with knowing Jesus. This is false.

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if there is no standard or base knowledge about God, then why can't the people that worship earth say they are worshipping Jesus?

If there is no standard of who Jesus is than who can say either way? Same thing like God tells us to test teh spirits because there are false spirits.

So in your statement then, we don't have to test the spirits, because God may be trying to tell us something He has never done before but is ready to do it for the first time in me today, for example.

What you have just done is open up Christ as a free for all. Nothing matters, anything can happen. God does not set up His Children in that way, not to know Him. God is not the author of confusion.

Again..
..That is NOT what I'm saying, possibly you don't want to see what I'm saying....

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Again....That is NOT what I'm saying, possibly you don't want to see what I'm saying....
You are not communicating very well and we can only understand what you write.

You said that we shouldn't believe that the Bible is the standard because what if God wants to do something He has never done before.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
YES IT DOES I AGREE WHOLE HEARTIDLY, But that is not what I am addressing here, sorry you misunderstood, I have tried to explain it many times.
Here is a easy way to say it.
Their are many, many , many people who can qoatte scrips
YET THEY DONT KNOW JESUS . I have seen this .
However, make it simple. I think this is what you are saying.
I have seen many men in pulpits , and just like the pharisess
man they can quoate scrips.....yet they live in contradiction and often teach
contrary to the very JESUS they claim they follow.

Reactions: Rodo7777777
Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Maybe you will like my testimony, everyone likes those, I'm sorry what I have written has upset you.

MY STORY:

I came from a violent home, (drugs, alcohol, gun shots, being chased with knives, people thrown through picture pane windows), in fact I was born three months early because my father kicked my mother in the stomach.

I was born weighing two pounds nine ounces.

As early as 7yrs old, I was out on the streets till 3-4am, I was put in three orphanages...

One night I remember, my father snuck into our house, he put a loaded pistol in my hand and told me too shoot my sisters and my mother, it was crazy.

Through all of this, (which I wouldn't change), I came out a fairly normal kid, I was involved in sports and didn't do drugs, or drink. I thought I was a survivor, wanting only too make it through another day.

In 1974 I started too sense a need in my life, an emptiness that I couldn't explain. I knew I had to find God/Jesus, but who was HE.

I had no idea where to find HIM, so I went to the local library to find books concerning world religions, God, and the occult.

At the library I met an ex-hippie (Gary Osborn) he saw my books and decided to share the message with me.

Gary invited me to pray in the back of his V.W. so I did, I remember saying "God forgive me for my sins, and whatever you have for me I want it all".

Well at first nothing happened I expected, lightening or something. Gary said, "Just go home and praise God" I said, "What's that, mean" Gary said, "Just thank him" So I did just that.

The remaining is sacred to me, before I asked Jesus into my heart, I never heard voices, I never drank, and I never did drugs, but one week after meeting Jesus while in the middle of my last class (during high school)

A voice, just as clear, as someone standing next to you, spoke, and as the voice spoke it said to me, "rod tell them about Jesus" I was surprised, but unafraid, I put my hand over my mouth, since I didn't want anyone to think I was talking too myself, I said (to whoever spoke to me) "I don't know what to say" the voice said "don't be afraid, I'll give you the words to say"

To this day I don't remember my words, but I spoke to those kids about Jesus and salvation, their mouths just dropped open and then, class was over, I walked out of that room, feeling like I had never felt before.

The next day was Saturday; I slept in the living room on an old couch. When I woke it was early and I decided to turn on the TV, to watch my favorite cartoon, the roadrunner.

As I sat there watching the TV, I got up and looked outside, everything was so beautiful, (I never appreciated nature, I just wanted to make it thru another day). BUT now it was so pretty, I sat back down on the couch, and as I did I was somewhere else.

I was sitting at a long roughhewn table. In front of me was God, the father. I couldn't see him, to my left was Satan, him I could see (he looked like a man only very big) then to my right was Jesus.

Three bowls appear, filled with what looked like porridge.

Now the father spoke and said Satan dismiss yourself, Satan stood and screamed, then vanished. Three bites were taken out of the bowl.

Then all at once I was watching myself from a distance, walking with Jesus up a grassy pathway. Jesus was speaking to me but from a distance I couldn't hear him, I could see myself shaking my head (like I understand) then thru my eyes I saw the house where I had been sleeping.

I didn't know what had happened; I'd never experienced anything like that, but I knew two things, I had to find a pastor to talk too, and I KNEW GOD loved me and wanted something from me...my total surrender. My life totally under his control, every second, moment by moment, and I was consumed with this one desire, to live too PLEASE HIM.

Let me give you an example: When a friend from school would come over and say, "Hey rod." "Let's go to a show" I'd say, "hold on." Then I'd go in the bathroom and pray, "Lord should I go?" Sometimes the Lord would say "go", sometimes "no"

At times He was silent, when this happened I would look inside, to my heart, (Spirit), (see Colossians 3:15) if I had peace I would go, If not, I'd stay home.

As I practiced this new desire, (surrender), I noticed the voice of the Lord became more frequent and clearer, (John 10:27). It always had to agree with scripture. The word of the Lord will always agree with the true meaning and / or the true interpretation of scripture).

I knew I needed to get a bible. So I went to a bookstore and I got the largest family bible I'd ever seen, with pictures and everything. I was so happy.

That night the voice of the lord said, "Read Matthew 5." I had to look in the contents; I didn't know where Matthew was.

When I found it and started to read, the words became a ("Word of the Lord to me") they just jumped off the page, they seemed to come alive, and they filled me, with hope, love and peace. Now I knew God loved me, and my sins were gone, I was forgiven...

As time passed I grew, sometimes I'd walk into a busy office or building (like a D.O.L) and the Lord would say go sit by that guy.

I would strike up a conversation, then say "you don't know me but I'm a Christian and God is going to share with me about your life" I don't mean simple things like "you have the flu" or "Headaches", but deep, personal things that others couldn't know or even guess.

People would usually start to cry and ask "how did you know?" I'd say "I didn't but God knew".

One day I wanted to go from PA to Atlantic City. There was a fellowship in a brothers house. In the 70's it was legal to hitch hike,

I got 5 different rides packed with kids and adults, and as I got into each car I told them "I am a Christian and God is going to bless you for picking me up"

God did too, for in that span of an hour and a half, 15-20 people got saved, "born again" in their cars as we drove down the highway.

God told me very intimate (secret) details about each of them, as we drove along. They all started to cry, guys and girls, asking me "how did you know those things about me". I said I didn't but God did, and he loves you.

When I got to Atlantic City, God said "Rod, when you get to the prayer meeting tonight I want you to give all your money, to Johnnie Diaz". I said "Lord that's all I've got?" (About 300.00)

God replied; "you take care of your brothers and sisters in the Lord and I'll take care of you." So upon arriving in Atlantic City, I secretly gave all my money to Johnnie, (this was to cover something for Johnnie that was very personal, so I know he didn't share this with anyone).

That night I asked myself "how am I going to get back to work, tomorrow? I didn't have a penny, not even enough for bus fare, and in my spirit I knew I wasn't to hitch hike, but instead the Lord wanted me on the bus.

After sleeping that night and leaving the brothers house the next day, (where the meeting had been held), I started walking to the bus station.

As I got closer and closer, I was imagining, "is the drivers going to just "know" he's supposed to let me ride for free?" But as I approached the depot, a brother named "Chicky" came out of his house and said "rod I think the Lord wants me to give this to you." It was exactly what I needed for bus fare!

This has been a short summary of my life.

Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are not communicating very well and we can only understand what you write.

You said that we shouldn't believe that the Bible is the standard because what if God wants to do something He has never done before.

The bible is a plumbline and a standard, but the question is, what does the bible mean when it talks about "The Word of God" and has man misinterpreted that, and made the path muddy for others to follow.

Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How about a true story totally off topic, maybe this will make you laugh a little. Take the edge off, so too speak?

I was young when this happened...

I Know I'm Late, But I Love You Mom: a true story about a woman who I didn't always love, but should have.

She made lots of mistakes, but now that I'm much older I see that she did the best she could.

Now I love her and hope to see her again.

Her name was Veneta. This event happened when I was about 5 yrs. old.

My mother worked as a waitress, her income came from her tips. Most days were good for her. At night we would roll her tips and take them to the bank for paper money. But there were slow days too. The following happened after several slow days, at the restaurant.

We lived in Tucson, I was in the front yard, playing in the tree, when I noticed the landlord coming, he walked into the yard and asked me where my mother was.

I said she was watering the flowers on the side of the house. I jumped out of the tree to follow him, knowing something was bound to happen...Everything involving my Mother usually ended up very “interesting”.

I heard him say “Veneta you’re late paying your rent money, I need it now”. She responded by explaining that tips were low and she had never been late before. He said he didn’t care, he wanted the money now, or he would turn off the swamp cooler (air conditioner).

He said “I’m going to go get the ladder and go onto the roof and turn it off”. My mother said “please don’t, Mary (my sister) is 6 months pregnant, and the heat would be unbearable or her”. He said “I don’t care”.

My mother then leaned over and said to me “Rod honey, go into the house and get mothers purse”.

I knew why she wanted that purse…She carried a 38 pistol everywhere she went. I went into the house and brought out her purse… She was a very good shot. Her father had taught her well. She shot a tarantula that was jumping after me, and she hit it on the 4th shot.

So the landlord finally came back with the ladder and proceeded to lean in up against the house.

My mother said, “If you touch that cooler, I will shoot you’re ass off the roof”. He laughed at her and proceeded up the ladder. As soon as he put his finger on that switch, she said “I warned you”… He went to flip that switch, and she shot him just like she said she would.

He fell off the roof, and when he hit the ground, he hit it hard.

My mother leaned over his body and I heard my mother say “now the cops are coming, and when they get here, you’re going to tell them that I was showing you the gun, and it went off accidentally, hitting you in the ass.

“Because if you don’t, I’ll wait until your asleep one night, and I’ll climb through your bedroom window, and kill you”…

That was my mom… I love her and hope to see her again one day…

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Maybe you will like my testimony, everyone likes those, I'm sorry what I have written has upset you.

MY STORY:

I came from a violent home, (drugs, alcohol, gun shots, being chased with knives, people thrown through picture pane windows), in fact I was born three months early because my father kicked my mother in the stomach.

As early as 7yrs old, I was out on the streets till 3-4am, I was put in three orphanages...

One night I remember, my father snuck into our house, he put a loaded pistol in my hand and told me too shoot my sisters and my mother, it was crazy.

Through all of this, (which I wouldn't change), I came out a fairly normal kid, I was involved in sports and didn't do drugs, or drink. I thought I was a survivor, wanting only too make it through another day.

In 1974 I started too sense a need in my life, an emptiness that I couldn't explain. I knew I had to find God/Jesus, but who was HE.

I had no idea where to find HIM, so I went to the local library to find books concerning world religions, God, and the occult.

At the library I met an ex-hippie (Gary Osborn) he saw my books and decided to share the message with me.

Gary invited me to pray in the back of his V.W. so I did, I remember saying "God forgive me for my sins, and whatever you have for me I want it all".

Well at first nothing happened I expected, lightening or something. Gary said, "Just go home and praise God" I said, "What's that, mean" Gary said, "Just thank him" So I did just that.

The remaining is sacred to me, before I asked Jesus into my heart, I never heard voices, I never drank, and I never did drugs, but one week after meeting Jesus while in the middle of my last class (during high school)

A voice, just as clear, as someone standing next to you, spoke, and as the voice spoke it said to me, "rod tell them about Jesus" I was surprised, but unafraid, I put my hand over my mouth, since I didn't want anyone to think I was talking too myself, I said (to whoever spoke to me) "I don't know what to say" the voice said "don't be afraid, I'll give you the words to say"

To this day I don't remember my words, but I spoke to those kids about Jesus and salvation, their mouths just dropped open and then, class was over, I walked out of that room, feeling like I had never felt before.

The next day was Saturday; I slept in the living room on an old couch. When I woke it was early and I decided to turn on the TV, to watch my favorite cartoon, the roadrunner.

As I sat there watching the TV, I got up and looked outside, everything was so beautiful, (I never appreciated nature, I just wanted to make it thru another day). BUT now it was so pretty, I sat back down on the couch, and as I did I was somewhere else.

I was sitting at a long roughhewn table. In front of me was God, the father. I couldn't see him, to my left was Satan, him I could see (he looked like a man only very big) then to my right was Jesus.

Now the father spoke and said Satan dismiss yourself, Satan stood and screamed, then vanished. Three bites were taken out of the bowl.

Then all at once I was watching myself from a distance, walking with Jesus up a grassy pathway. Jesus was speaking to me but from a distance I couldn't hear him, I could see myself shaking my head (like I understand) then thru my eyes I saw the house where I had been sleeping.

I didn't know what had happened; I'd never experienced anything like that, but I knew two things, I had to find a pastor to talk too, and I KNEW GOD loved me and wanted something from me...my total surrender. My life totally under his control, every second, moment by moment, and I was consumed with this one desire, to live too PLEASE HIM.

Let me give you an example: When a friend from school would come over and say, "Hey rod." "Let's go to a show" I'd say, "hold on." Then I'd go in the bathroom and pray, "Lord should I go?" Sometimes the Lord would say "go", sometimes "no"

At times He was silent, when this happened I would look inside, to my heart, (Spirit), (see Colossians 3:15) if I had peace I would go, If not, I'd stay home.

As I practiced this new desire, (surrender), I noticed the voice of the Lord became more frequent and clearer, (John 10:27). It always had to agree with scripture. The word of the Lord will always agree with the true meaning and / or the true interpretation of scripture).

I knew I needed to get a bible. So I went to a bookstore and I got the largest family bible I'd ever seen, with pictures and everything. I was so happy.

That night the voice of the lord said, "Read Matthew 5." I had to look in the contents; I didn't know where Matthew was.

When I found it and started to read, the words became a ("Word of the Lord to me") they just jumped off the page, they seemed to come alive, and they filled me, with hope, love and peace. Now I knew God loved me, and my sins were gone, I was forgiven...

As time passed I grew, sometimes I'd walk into a busy office or building (like a D.O.L) and the Lord would say go sit by that guy.

I would strike up a conversation, then say "you don't know me but I'm a Christian and God is going to share with me about your life" I don't mean simple things like "you have the flu" or "Headaches", but deep, personal things that others couldn't know or even guess.

People would usually start to cry and ask "how did you know?" I'd say "I didn't but God knew".

One day I wanted to go from PA to Atlantic City. There was a fellowship in a brothers house. In the 70's it was legal to hitch hike,

I got 5 different rides packed with kids and adults, and as I got into each car I told them "I am a Christian and God is going to bless you for picking me up"

God did too, for in that span of an hour and a half, 15-20 people got saved, "born again" in their cars as we drove down the highway.

God told me very intimate (secret) details about each of them, as we drove along. They all started to cry, guys and girls, asking me "how did you know those things about me". I said I didn't but God did, and he loves you.

When I got to Atlantic City, God said "Rod, when you get to the prayer meeting tonight I want you to give all your money, to Johnnie Diaz". I said "Lord that's all I've got?" (About 300.00)

God replied; "you take care of your brothers and sisters in the Lord and I'll take care of you." So upon arriving in Atlantic City, I secretly gave all my money to Johnnie, (this was to cover something for Johnnie that was very personal, so I know he didn't share this with anyone).

That night I asked myself "how am I going to get back to work, tomorrow? I didn't have a penny, not even enough for bus fare, and in my spirit I knew I wasn't to hitch hike, but instead the Lord wanted me on the bus.

After sleeping that night and leaving the brothers house the next day, (where the meeting had been held), I started walking to the bus station.

As I got closer and closer, I was imagining, "is the drivers going to just "know" he's supposed to let me ride for free?" But as I approached the depot, a brother named "Chicky" came out of his house and said "rod I think the Lord wants me to give this to you." It was exactly what I needed for bus fare!

I appreciate your story and testimony.

But what I wonder is do you think that God communicates with every other single believer exactly the same way He communicates with you?

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was familiar with the Pharisees, even though they memorized great portions of the scriptures, he chastised them for NOT coming to Him, so they could have life.

Many today think that Jesus and the bile are the same thing, they are not. The bible didn't die for you, nor was the bible raised from the dead.

Some "professing" Christian people know their bibles, yet seem to not know Jesus, displaying hatred for those who disagree with their denomination, or doctrines. Similar to knowing the scientific discoveries or writings of Einstein, and yet not knowing Einstein himself.

This devotion to doctrines, denominations, and other such religious things is idolatry, and dangerous since it divides the body of Christ, and is nothing more than religious pride.

We need to examine ourselves and see if we are in Christ.

Do you know Him, do you have a testimony of experiencing Jesus on a daily basis, do you tell others all the things Jesus has done for you, is your heart consumed with talking about Him, or do you just talk about the bible, and bible knowledge.

EVERYONE in the old and new testament experienced God. had experiences with the living God, who is not dead, without that you have no testimony, Jesus is impersonal to you.

I speak this for your own good, not to harass you. Prove my word untrue, do it for your own sake, if not mine.
I love it, every word!

The way I see it is that theology is(or should merely be) a useful tool as we gain an ever increasing incite into God's infinite Word.
A Word so vast it can not be reduced into a systematic theology without committing verbacide.

Yet, if theology is the fork(tool) and the plate of spaghetti is the Word; most people would rather admire their fork collection than eat! And then argue about the fork!

In doing so, they miss out on experiencing the zOE-life of God's promise! They end up going nowhere, doing nothing, pinned down to the same pew by their forks!

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Now concerning "The Word" vs "The scriptures"...

The word and the bible are NOT the same. Today we use the terms "The Word" and "The Bible" as if they are the same thing. The scriptures are true, but God, has to make them real and alive to you, giving revelation of truth.

Although the bible is true, it has no life apart from God... We see this all throughout the OT and NT... In the OT, it was "the word of the Lord came unto so Jeremiah". In the NT, it was "Peter rise and eat".

Today the so-called church has defined Christianity by "The Book". Why. Because they can control that, via their so-called doctrines, preaching, and one man shows.

They have refused for the longest time to let "THE BODY" minister to one another as the Spirit leads, "Speak Lord, here am I"...He may speak by His Spirit, by The Scriptures.

History and the scriptures themselves prove this to be true. During the dark ages, there was no printing press, and people couldn't read or write. Yet we know there were people who KNEW Christ, there was Madam Guyon, and Jean Nicholas Grou, just to name two.

Then of course the disciples couldn't read, but they had the living word, in flesh which was Christ. They lived by every word that proceeded out of the mouth of God, as should we...Jesus speaks of hearing much more than reading. He also condemns the Pharisees for looking to the scriptures, BUT not being willing to come to Him, the word of life.

We must come to a common denominator, for people to receive Christ, to experience Christ. And it's NOT The Bible:

The bible cannot be the one common denominator that leads us into all truth. Because many generations passed with people NOT having access to the scriptures, and many through out time could not read, so the inspiration has to be something else, something everyone could have access to in each age.

Jesus says my sheep hear my voice, man shall not live by bread alone.

So One is heard, one is read. Many can read, few can hear. One is always spoken, and one is written.

Thus we have interchanged the two, elevating "The bible" above God, and the leading of the Spirit, and "The Word"…

The scriptures, are inspired, but God never meant for us to live by them, but instead by the Spirit of promise, leading us into all truth

We would have two types of church, both are part of God's plan and draw a contrast with one another for all to see, in the unveiling. One led by the Spirit, hearing his voice, and those seeing and leaning only on "The book".

I think God is separating HIS people "The Ecclesia from this thing called church, which is churchianity. He is building his kingdom, it is on the inside. That is what Jesus says.

So change is coming, we will see it soon, and when it happens, it will rip this so-called Christianity from the hands of these corrupt churches and there doctrines will become invalid. Overnight their religious live will become irrelevant, as we see the body of Christ manifest in our midst.

Light and darkness can not fellowship together, and God does not fellowship with darkness, it is not possible all of those people in all these churches are truly born again via an encounter with Christ. But that encounter must take place...You cannot fellowship with them, for where the Spirit of The Lord is, (in His people) that is the only place you can worship or fellowship. You might as well go to a Safeway store and try and do church with all the people there.

I love the scriptures, I think they are from God, and are truth, this truth, is revealed by the author, and the author is to be known. The truth is within the text, explained by the same one who wrote it, if we interpret it, we end up with a private interpretation. The author is greater than the book, yet that doesn't diminish the book, or the truth that it contains.

Today many know the bible, but have never had God become real to them through the scriptures. Most people have never had God make himself known to them even through a beautiful sunset.

To most God is just history, or he is way off in space somewhere. Maybe God opens the scriptures to you, and makes them come alive, and they became a "word" of God to you.

You say, "Today the so-called church has defined Christianity by "The Book". Why. Because they can control that, via their so-called doctrines, preaching, and one man shows."

and...

"They have refused for the longest time to let "THE BODY" minister to one another as the Spirit leads, "Speak Lord, here am I"...He may speak by His Spirit, by The Scriptures."

You said earlier that you're concerned for "them". Are you separate from the rest of the body of Christ?

Paul wrote to the church in Corinth, " The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable."

I agree that there are changes that need to be made in some 21st Century churches, but it's not us vs. them. We are all part of the same body! If you want to change things then try prayer instead of publishing criticism of people whom you've never met. James wrote, "The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."Try it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How about a true story totally off topic, maybe this will make you laugh a little. Take the edge off, so too speak?

I was young when this happened...

I Know I'm Late, But I Love You Mom: a true story about a woman who I didn't always love, but should have.

She made lots of mistakes, but now that I'm much older I see that she did the best she could.

Now I love her and hope to see her again.

Her name was Veneta. This event happened when I was about 5 yrs. old.

My mother worked as a waitress, her income came from her tips. Most days were good for her. At night we would roll her tips and take them to the bank for paper money. But there were slow days too. The following happened after several slow days, at the restaurant.

We lived in Tucson, I was in the front yard, playing in the tree, when I noticed the landlord coming, he walked into the yard and asked me where my mother was.

I said she was watering the flowers on the side of the house. I jumped out of the tree to follow him, knowing something was bound to happen...Everything involving my Mother usually ended up very “interesting”.

I heard him say “Veneta you’re late paying your rent money, I need it now”. She responded by explaining that tips were low and she had never been late before. He said he didn’t care, he wanted the money now, or he would turn off the swamp cooler (air conditioner).

He said “I’m going to go get the ladder and go onto the roof and turn it off”. My mother said “please don’t, Mary (my sister) is 6 months pregnant, and the heat would be unbearable or her”. He said “I don’t care”.

My mother then leaned over and said to me “Rod honey, go into the house and get mothers purse”.

I knew why she wanted that purse…She carried a 38 pistol everywhere she went. I went into the house and brought out her purse… She was a very good shot. Her father had taught her well. She shot a tarantula that was jumping after me, and she hit it on the 4th shot.

So the landlord finally came back with the ladder and proceeded to lean in up against the house.

My mother said, “If you touch that cooler, I will shoot you’re ass off the roof”. He laughed at her and proceeded up the ladder. As soon as he put his finger on that switch, she said “I warned you”… He went to flip that switch, and she shot him just like she said she would.

He fell off the roof, and when he hit the ground, he hit it hard.

My mother leaned over his body and I heard my mother say “now the cops are coming, and when they get here, you’re going to tell them that I was showing you the gun, and it went off accidentally, hitting you in the ass.

“Because if you don’t, I’ll wait until your asleep one night, and I’ll climb through your bedroom window, and kill you”…

That was my mom… I love her and hope to see her again one day…

You mother killed somebody? Then asked you to lie about it? Don't you realize that she and you violated the law? What happened as a result of this murder and lie?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is your answer: To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

You think Jesus doesn't teach us, and lead us apart from the scriptures, yet He never goes against the truth of the scriptures. I have a personal relationship with Him and He is always teaching and leading me, it in fact is part of dieing a death like his, which does not mean we die on a cross.

My relationship started years ago, here is my story of how Jesus found me:

MY STORY:

I'm not going to argue with you, I'm not sure I believe it though.
"born again
But your only born of God through love like it says in 1 John chapter 4
And here are a lot of verses that say you should read the bible.
If you say you shouldn't it's your word against Gods.
Matthew chapter 4 verse 4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Romans chapter 1 verse 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

John chapter 8 verse 31,32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
2 John
9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
Job chapter 23 verse 12
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Matthew 11
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Luke chapter 21
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Romans chapter 10
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Mark chapter 13
31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
James chapter 1
25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
James chapter 4
8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Isaiah chapter 45 verse 19
I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
Jeremiah chapter 9
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
justice and righteousness on earth,
for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord.
Jeremiah chapter 5 verse 1
5 “Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem,
look around and consider,
search through her squares.
If you can find but one person
who deals honestly and seeks the truth,
I will forgive this city.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Although the bible is true, it has no life apart from God... We see this all throughout the OT and NT... In the OT, it was "the word of the Lord came unto so Jeremiah". In the NT, it was "Peter rise and eat".
The point is, if we did not have scripture we would not even know how God has chosen to speak to anyone in the past.

We would not know what God said to Jeremiah or even that Jeremiah existed. The same is true for Peter.

I think often because we have the entire Bible we take for granted just how much we know about God through the Bible.

What would you know about God if not for the Bible? Would you even know that God sent His Son to come as a sacrifice for our sins? No. You wouldn't even know that sin was an issue between man and God.

So while I guess I can see where you may be trying to go, without the history, we don't know anything about God. We wouldn't even know that sin is a problem without the Bible.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You mother killed somebody? Then asked you to lie about it? Don't you realize that she and you violated the law? What happened as a result of this murder and lie?
We shouldn't be talking about this. This is too serious and distracts from the theology, IMHO.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We search the scriptures daily, but Jesus condemned that because they wouldn’t come to him.
What verse are you referring to here? It is really better to give your verses if you are going to quote the Bible.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'" (Matthew 7:21-23).

As for speaking out against denominations, there is a place for that, and I will use the words of Paul to justify it: "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:8-9).

Not all are preaching the true gospel. The Bible will help you to identify the true sheep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was familiar with the Pharisees, even though they memorized great portions of the scriptures, he chastised them for NOT coming to Him, so they could have life.

Many today think that Jesus and the bile are the same thing, they are not. The bible didn't die for you, nor was the bible raised from the dead.

Some "professing" Christian people know their bibles, yet seem to not know Jesus, displaying hatred for those who disagree with their denomination, or doctrines. Similar to knowing the scientific discoveries or writings of Einstein, and yet not knowing Einstein himself.

This devotion to doctrines, denominations, and other such religious things is idolatry, and dangerous since it divides the body of Christ, and is nothing more than religious pride.

Do you know Him, do you have a testimony of experiencing Jesus on a daily basis, do you tell others all the things Jesus has done for you, is your heart consumed with talking about Him, or do you just talk about the bible, and bible knowledge.

EVERYONE in the old and new testament experienced God. had experiences with the living God, who is not dead, without that you have no testimony, Jesus is impersonal to you.

I speak this for your own good, not to harass you. Prove my word untrue, do it for your own sake, if not mine.

This is actually a very good word...

Reactions: Rodo7777777
Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello and good day my friend.

I just saw this post and I can't help but think that it is directed at our discussion before elsewhere. Please allow me to correct you assumption on me.

I never said the bible is Jesus, no sir. I apologize if I explained in a way that confused you to think as such.

The bible is God breathed, God inspired, and was done by God through "holy men". This makes the bible VERY necessary in pertaining to our lives and how to conduct ourselves.

You disagreed with this even after I shown scripture. Which is fine as I am not going to twist your arm, its your choice to believe it or not. However, according to scripture, it was my job to inform you correctly, the rest is up to you.

Because the bible is "that which is perfect", miraculous gifts no longer happen, since there is no more need to have testimony of the bible and Jesus. It is done and complete. The bible is now our guide showing us what we must do for salvation, life, etc. Like what I was talking about before, an instruction manual for all people, be it those seeking Christ, those already in Christ, those falling away, the bible is very necessary.

But I never said the bible WAS Jesus.

I really hope I didn't come off as hateful to you. Never did I even come close to hate. I may be someone who speaks frank, but I intend the up most respect, compassion, and (agape) love toward you and others I speak with.

With that said, it is my job according to scripture to tell people of Christ and to correct those who are not obeying the gospel or twisting it.

If a denomination is not of Christ anyway, there is no division of it. Denomination means "separate and apart from the original". If a denomination is separate and apart from the original, they are not of Christs church.

I do not see one piece of scripture that authorizes titles such as baptist church or Methodist church, etc. I only see scripture that states its Christs church not Calvin's or Wesley's church. Now people may be upset with me but I say this with love and compassion, and not to be a bully or anything else.

If you were to bring a first century Christian here via time machine, do you think for one second they would know what the Presbyterian church is?

That first century Christian would say "what are these? I only know of Christs church".

This is not intended as an insult my dear friend, but if you really have studied the bible, you would know that it is a Christians job to rebuke and correct those in error. This is why I confronted your belief on the bible being necessary when you said it was not on the other thread.

Totally agreed.

Totally agreed about this statement.

Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello and good day my friend.

I just saw this post and I can't help but think that it is directed at our discussion before elsewhere. Please allow me to correct you assumption on me.

I never said the bible is Jesus, no sir. I apologize if I explained in a way that confused you to think as such.

The bible is God breathed, God inspired, and was done by God through "holy men". This makes the bible VERY necessary in pertaining to our lives and how to conduct ourselves.

You disagreed with this even after I shown scripture. Which is fine as I am not going to twist your arm, its your choice to believe it or not. However, according to scripture, it was my job to inform you correctly, the rest is up to you.

Because the bible is "that which is perfect", miraculous gifts no longer happen, since there is no more need to have testimony of the bible and Jesus. It is done and complete. The bible is now our guide showing us what we must do for salvation, life, etc. Like what I was talking about before, an instruction manual for all people, be it those seeking Christ, those already in Christ, those falling away, the bible is very necessary.

But I never said the bible WAS Jesus.

I really hope I didn't come off as hateful to you. Never did I even come close to hate. I may be someone who speaks frank, but I intend the up most respect, compassion, and (agape) love toward you and others I speak with.

With that said, it is my job according to scripture to tell people of Christ and to correct those who are not obeying the gospel or twisting it.

If a denomination is not of Christ anyway, there is no division of it. Denomination means "separate and apart from the original". If a denomination is separate and apart from the original, they are not of Christs church.

I do not see one piece of scripture that authorizes titles such as baptist church or Methodist church, etc. I only see scripture that states its Christs church not Calvin's or Wesley's church. Now people may be upset with me but I say this with love and compassion, and not to be a bully or anything else.

If you were to bring a first century Christian here via time machine, do you think for one second they would know what the Presbyterian church is?

That first century Christian would say "what are these? I only know of Christs church".

This is not intended as an insult my dear friend, but if you really have studied the bible, you would know that it is a Christians job to rebuke and correct those in error. This is why I confronted your belief on the bible being necessary when you said it was not on the other thread.

Totally agreed.

Totally agreed about this statement.

Friend I didn't write this because of anything you wrote somewhere else. I wrote this many years ago, after almost dying. My heart grieves for believers that don't get to experience the fullness of what God has promised us, which is abundant life.

Secondly you said "The bible is God breathed, God inspired, and was done by God through "holy men". This makes the bible VERY necessary in pertaining to our lives and how to conduct ourselves."

I agree with your statement in quotes.

• Friendly
Reactions: Acts2:38
Upvote 0

Rodo7777777

Jun 26, 2017
PNW
✟16,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'" (Matthew 7:21-23).

As for speaking out against denominations, there is a place for that, and I will use the words of Paul to justify it: "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:8-9).

Not all are preaching the true gospel. The Bible will help you to identify the true sheep.

Good Word...

Upvote 0