Prison Libraries: careful food

A

Abishai100

I once heard a joke that homeless people could commit crimes just to find their way into a warm prison that offered hot meals and a bed.

Would homeless people be dissuaded from such survivalist desperation when considering that prisons sometimes house dangerous criminals who would make their sheltered prison life even worse than the street life they were used to?

Prisons often contain libraries that hold peace-encouragement literature titles such as "A Farewell to Arms" (Hemingway), which encourage inmates to think positively about loneliness.

If prisons offer nourishing cafeterias and haven libraries, then perhaps they would be celebrated as civilization symbols of survival economics.

Do these human considerations reveal the psychological marketability of species-utopian Hollywood (USA) movies such as "Monsters University" (2013)?

:crosseo:

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What makes you think it's a joke?

I Have known several folks that did EXACTLY that up in Ohio, and Massachusetts - when Winter comes, they commit a crime serious enough to get 'em inside, till the warm weather comes again. And the prisons are probably safer that the streets at night, here in Dallas.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What makes you think it's a joke?

I Have known several folks that did EXACTLY that up in Ohio, and Massachusetts - when Winter comes, they commit a crime serious enough to get 'em inside, till the warm weather comes again. And the prisons are probably safer that the streets at night, here in Dallas.

i think ur leaders failed to see what is needed by these marginal people
they shud build shelters for the homeless

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Prisons often contain libraries that hold peace-encouragement literature titles such as "A Farewell to Arms" (Hemingway), which encourage inmates to think positively about loneliness.

If they read goofy stuff like this, they stay in prison as fairy tales cannot set men free like God's Word can teach them...

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
This subject is close to my heart.

In Florida there are hobo jungles camps set up,and a since of protection in numbers.

I have ministered in them,it is not for the faint at heart.

Some do not want your charity,or your God.

Some look in tears realizing God loves them still.

Many are veterans,some are criminals,some are mentally UN stable.

All walks of life are there,and to assume they are not intelligent is a mistake.

We had a tent city that the police used pocket knives and shredded their tents and kicked their possessions out,all they had in the world.

It was on a city officials order,it makes me sick!!!!!

That our great nation can display such cruelty,but don't you dare attempt a ride on a manatee.

You will be charged with molesting the animal and brought up on criminal charges.

For those who do not know a manatee is like a Florida walruses,peaceful animals weighs 6 or 700 pounds

You could not ride on their back if they were UN comfortable,they would roll and dive deep.

We waste so much money on unless studies,and restaurants and stores throw away so much.

My dream is to build a safe haven in every place I can.

Clean beds heat showers clothes and food,I realize the abuses and the many other challenges,but with God all things are possible.

Upvote 0