Priests and learned nen of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BombShelterBob

Oct 20, 2006
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
In the days of Christ there were Priests, who attended the house of God. Calling out prayers for the nation, and the people. Making sacrifice and following Gods word was their business. There also were Lawyers who were much like the lawyers of today. Their job was to interpret the law. The law in their case was of course the law of Moses. They went to school for years, perfecting their understanding of God's laws, and prophecies. There were Scribes that studied the art of Writing God's Word. Their job was to copy the Bible (torah). They studied every dot, and slash. The sect was so strict, some studied years and were never found fit to scribe the Bible. There were Pharisees that were the mainstream fundamentalists. They were some of the most highly regarded experts of Bible prophecy. They went to school to learn the whole of Gods law, and to learn to interpret prophecy that God might be better served. All these groups failed miserably. They thought themselves wise, and were all fools. We 2000 yrs later still talk about their foolishness. They prophecied only good things for Israel. How the Messiah would ride in on a white horse, and save them all from the Romans. When the flood came men were laughing, and pointing at the foolishness of Noah. No one had a clue what was coming.
God has always hidden himself from wise men.

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

What would make any of us think the preachers, and pillow prophets of today are any different. I hear prophecies of good things for us. How we will not suffer, or have to go through any tribulation in our lives much less any great trib period. You know the Bible says at the sounding of the last trumpet not the first.

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
When the flood came men were laughing, and pointing at the foolishness of Noah. No one had a clue what was coming.
Oh well we can't blame them for that one , Noah was building the worlds biggest boat on dry land where there was no seas or rivers nearby to even launch the thing if he could , and prior to the flood , it had never rained before.
What would make any of us think the preachers, and pillow prophets of today are any different. I hear prophecies of good things for us. How we will not suffer, or have to go through any tribulation in our lives much less any great trib period. You know the Bible says at the sounding of the last trumpet not the first
Yeah this I can agree with , because even if there is some kind of a rapture at some stage , I reckon I'll probably die of skin cancer or mad cow desease or bird flue or some other nasty thing long before there's any kind of rapture.

Upvote 0

BombShelterBob

Oct 20, 2006
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Oh well we can't blame them for that one , Noah was building the worlds biggest boat on dry land where there was no seas or rivers nearby to even launch the thing if he could , and prior to the flood , it had never rained before.

Yeah this I can agree with , because even if there is some kind of a rapture at some stage , I reckon I'll probably die of skin cancer or mad cow desease or bird flue or some other nasty thing long before there's any kind of rapture.
Brain Damage said:

I know that's right. lol I would probably be right there with them pointing and laughing.

Upvote 0

Mindonfire

Jun 7, 2005
✟556.00
Faith
Christian
In the days of Christ there were Priests, who attended the house of God. Calling out prayers for the nation, and the people. Making sacrifice and following Gods word was their business. There also were Lawyers who were much like the lawyers of today. Their job was to interpret the law. The law in their case was of course the law of Moses. They went to school for years, perfecting their understanding of God's laws, and prophecies. There were Scribes that studied the art of Writing God's Word. Their job was to copy the Bible (torah). They studied every dot, and slash. The sect was so strict, some studied years and were never found fit to scribe the Bible. There were Pharisees that were the mainstream fundamentalists. They were some of the most highly regarded experts of Bible prophecy. They went to school to learn the whole of Gods law, and to learn to interpret prophecy that God might be better served. All these groups failed miserably. They thought themselves wise, and were all fools. We 2000 yrs later still talk about their foolishness. They prophecied only good things for Israel. How the Messiah would ride in on a white horse, and save them all from the Romans. When the flood came men were laughing, and pointing at the foolishness of Noah. No one had a clue what was coming.
God has always hidden himself from wise men.

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

What would make any of us think the preachers, and pillow prophets of today are any different. I hear prophecies of good things for us. How we will not suffer, or have to go through any tribulation in our lives much less any great trib period. You know the Bible says at the sounding of the last trumpet not the first.

You are correct. Nothing has changed. At the End of the Age, the preachers still prophecy falsly and the people still love to have their ears tickled. They tell them about the doctrines such as the rapture and free salvation, and the people lap it up. They don't want to go through any tribulation or sacrifce. But they will wake up to a rude awakening

Jeremiah 5:31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love [to have it] so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

Upvote 0

BombShelterBob

Oct 20, 2006
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Mindonfire said:
They don't want to go through any tribulation or sacrifce. But they will wake up to a rude awakening.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye,when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

I don't know who is right, and who is wrong, but I think we aren't far from finding out.

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye,when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

I don't know who is right, and who is wrong, but I think we aren't far from finding out.

Very good post sir. So why all the doom and gloom around here and not more :clap: ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.