Pretty picture, causing a brother to stumble?

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
lol but u have the right attitude anyway. all this is pretty tame for me considering ive done preformances where ive been well over half naked and i believe that showing off the body that God hand made for us himself is NOTHING to be ashamed of, its sad that people will make u try to feel ashamed but ive come to believe their just really, really JEALOUS!

Upvote 0
O

OntheHorizon

I just think this all comes from Paul thinking women must submit to men because it was woman who was deceived, that a man is a woman's head, that women had to fight long and hard to have the right to even vote, that men are willing to wonder what a woman did that contributed to her being raped and abused, that men need to be instructed or taught to wait until she's sober or awake to have sex with a woman because that becomes rape.

I think it's just our culture that for a very very long time made women lower level humans, the idea of Christians dressing modest is an idea that is practically NEVER applied to a man, it is an idea that we can only imagine applying to women. How does that happen?

We think women need to tone down their beauty? They need to keep their glory in check? They need to restrict how delicious they come? Where are these chains for men? That a woman being beautiful beyond all reason is suddenly a fault, slight or evil mark on them? Women need to dull it down, cover it up, flatten it over, pad it... and women need to be careful not to tempt* their brothers in Christ. When did women become the temptresses of evil? When you think of a witch do you ever think of a man? Why not?

Why would men be willing to consider that women have done these evil things? Because they were willing to consider that women were evil, lesser creatures to begin with. It's nonsense, a very old brand of nonsense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I just think this all comes from Paul thinking women must submit to men because it was woman who was deceived, that a man is a woman's head, that women had to fight long and hard to have the right to even vote, that men are willing to wonder what a woman did that contributed to her being raped and abused, that men need to be instructed or taught to wait until she's sober or awake to have sex with a woman because that becomes rape.

I think it's just our culture that for a very very long time made women lower level humans, the idea of Christians dressing modest is an idea that is practically NEVER applied to a man, it is an idea that we can only imagine applying to women. How does that happen?

We think women need to tone down their beauty? They need to keep their glory in check? They need to restrict how delicious they come? Where are these chains for men? That a woman being beautiful beyond all reason is suddenly a fault, slight or evil mark on them? Women need to dull it down, cover it up, flatten it over, pad it... and women need to be careful not to tempt* their brothers in Christ.

Why would men be willing to consider that women have done these evil things? Because they were willing to consider that women were evil, lesser creatures to begin with. It's nonsense, a very old brand of nonsense.

ya im a big anti-feminist so i kinda agree that we should submit to men on some levels but what u wear or dont wear has NOTHING to do with that. we should be able to wear what we want and not feel were gonna get judged, its usually by jealous people by it hurts. i cant even begin to tell u the names ive been called because I am a christian who along with my gfs wears miniskirts and tank tops, bikinis, and even strips and does private preformances in my home although ive never stripped down fully naked ever but ya some people just have attacked, attacked, attacked me for that. although it doesnt make me hate myself or my body. it actually makes me more empowered to do it more and show them they are wrong, maybe if I dont mind wearing a little less it will make men realize that these people attacking me are just jealous of beautiful women and what God gave us. sorry for unloading, but its a topic i really care about!

Upvote 0
O

OntheHorizon

It's just this tendency to blame the woman for everything, when a woman get's the crap beat out of her if she's a Christian she can't get a divorce, she has to stay and fix her violent and abusive husband and prove her righteousness, when a man wants to do things to her that he shouldn't then maybe she should were a dress instead and we all know God has a problem with a woman's lips glistening and her eyes sparking like the night sky. God made lips, hips and fingertips and boobs too... and why are men suddenly spared this laborious dulling of the body? Why are men so much more naturally pure and without need of restraint? Especially when it's usually the man that beats the crap out of someone and rapes them, abandons his family and fills up our prisons.

Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It's just this tendency to blame the woman for everything, when a woman get's the crap beat out of her if she's a Christian she can't get a divorce, she has to stay and fix her violent and abusive husband and prove her righteousness, when a man wants to do things to her that he shouldn't then maybe she should were a dress instead and we all know God has a problem with a woman's lips glistening and her eyes sparking like the night sky. God made lips, hips and fingertips and boobs too... and why are men suddenly spared this laborious dulling of the body? Why are men so much more naturally pure and without need of restraint? Especially when it's usually the man that beats the crap out of someone and rapes them.

women are supposed to be beautiful we are the bearers of life. But a lot of people think, i have the emails to support this, that i should be ashamed for wearing a see through bikini or miniskirt and being a christian at the same time, they think my friends who dress actually more revealing than me should also be ashamed and i think thats sad. god hand made our bodies himself in his image and for his glory, we shouldnt be ashamed i think.

Upvote 0
O

OntheHorizon

I won't go as far as to say you should show off your genitals to everyone, I think that should be paraded around the bed room with your man with complete pride! No modesty allowed in the bedroom!

But this whole "modest" thing that only applies to women annoys me, I think it's nothing but sexism, very old world style sexism.

You just don't need an excuse to be as beautiful as you can... that's absurdity that knows no boundaries.

Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I won't go as far as to say you should show off your genitals to everyone, I think that should be paraded around the bed room with your man with complete pride! No modesty allowed in the bedroom!

But this whole "modest" thing that only applies to women annoys me, I think it's nothing but sexism, very old world style sexism.

You just don't need an excuse to be as beautiful as you can... that's absurdity that knows no boundaries.

ya ive never gone all naked but im good going as close to naked as i can possibly get like a totally soaked see through bikini where i might as well be naked but i just feel better having SOMETHING covering me even if its nothing much at all lol

Upvote 0

Spunkn

Jan 19, 2013
Nebraska
✟19,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
women are supposed to be beautiful we are the bearers of life. But a lot of people think, i have the emails to support this, that i should be ashamed for wearing a see through bikini or miniskirt and being a christian at the same time, they think my friends who dress actually more revealing than me should also be ashamed and i think thats sad. god hand made our bodies himself in his image and for his glory, we shouldnt be ashamed i think.

Not going to become so legalistic as to what you can wear or not wear. But is it really honoring to God when you wear see through bikinis or tops? What is the purpose? Is it to glorify God or is it to cause men to look at you with lust?

You can justify it in your mind, by telling yourself that you are made by God and you shouldn't be ashamed, but there was a reason Adam and Eve were ashamed after they had sinned in the garden. They became aware of their nakedness. There's a reason God clothed Adam and Eve, things changed after sin came into the world.

Women are told in the bible to dress with modesty for a reason. Millions of Christian men struggle with inappropriate contentography. Seeing another Christian woman walking around in a see through top might cause them to fall into sin. Do you really want to be part of that? Do you want to be responsible for making men lust after you?

There's a line that shouldn't be crossed when it comes to things like that. Do you want to sit up right next to the line, and play with fire. Or would you rather be safe and honoring to God by staying a healthy distance away from that line?

Strips and private performances in your home are okay......if it's for your husband. But for anyone else? That's not something you should be doing, ever.

1 Corinthians 10:31
“So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”

1 Corinthians 6:20
“you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”

1 Corinthians 10:23
23 All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20 For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

Philippeans 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

I'm not saying you can't wear nice clothes, look good, or feel sexy. But I think most women know when they're crossing a line of only dressing to attract attention and it becomes something that is not in any way glorifying to God.

The difference between you and the OP is that you are going out of your way to cause men to stumble. The OP said that she was dressed modestly, therefore she had already taken her responsibility to protect men from lusting after her.

Women have a responsibility just as much as men when it comes to lust. Men have a responsibility to control their thoughts, and where they linger with their eyes. But women have just as much of a responsibility to dress in a certain way that's not deliberately causing men to lust either.

I'm not saying what a person can and cannot wear, but it's a heart issue. What is the real reason you're wearing see through clothing? I find it hard to believe that it's for God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spunkn

Jan 19, 2013
Nebraska
✟19,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps I should have worded it differently. Do you want to be responsible for allowing the opportunity for a man to sin because of something you chose to wear?

A women who dresses modestly and causes a man to stumble. The fault is on the man.

A women who dresses provacatively and deliberately to seek men's attention, shares in the responsibility.

I'm not saying that the entire responsibility is on the woman. But she can be responsible for some of it.

Say for example, you are with a friend who is struggling with being an alcoholic. You are drinking, and so you offer some to him. He still has a choice to make, but the fact that the choice is even there, is still your fault. Because you chose to be drinking in his prescence. So yes, you share in the responsibility that you caused a weaker brother / sister to stumble.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
O

OntheHorizon

spunkn

at least you're back-peddling a bit... but no the man with the problem* needs to fix the problem* and the problem* remains a problem* and it's the man's problem* and that so much focus get's dumped on a woman who's just too beautiful is ridiculous.

I'm not down with walking around naked, because it's not decent... but not because it makes men do bad things and a man's sin doesn't become someone else's sin instead.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
at least you're back-peddling a bit... but no the man with the problem* needs to fix the problem* and the problem* remains a problem* and it's the man's problem* and that so much focus get's dumped on a woman who's just too beautiful is ridiculous.

I'm not down with walking around naked, because it's not decent... but not because it makes men do bad things.

None of that has anything to do with what we were asked in the OP, folks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Spunkn

Jan 19, 2013
Nebraska
✟19,890.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not backpeddling, I was simply clarifying my statement so that it was not misunderstood.

A woman being beautiful has nothing to do with the way she dresses.

Even someone who is not considered beautiful can still dress in inappropriate ways.

So women dressing in skimpy clothing / provacative outfits does nothing for men? No sexual temptation or lusting at all?

It does do something, that's the point.

But Albion's right, the OP's question has already been answered. So it's pointless to debate this in someone else's thread. This is my last post here.

Upvote 0
O

OntheHorizon

I'm not backpeddling, I was simply clarifying my statement so that it was not misunderstood.

A woman being beautiful has nothing to do with the way she dresses.

Even someone who is not considered beautiful can still dress in inappropriate ways.

So women dressing in skimpy clothing / provacative outfits does nothing for men? No sexual temptation or lusting at all?

It does do something, that's the point.

But Albion's right, the OP's question has already been answered. So it's pointless to debate this in someone else's thread. This is my last post here.

It absolutely has to do with the way she dresses, just like the way you dress has to do with how you look too.

I don't intend to keep arguing either. Take care.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
ya ive never gone all naked but im good going as close to naked as i can possibly get like a totally soaked see through bikini where i might as well be naked but i just feel better having SOMETHING covering me even if its nothing much at all lol

to be honest, i think a girl wearing something like that is sexier then a totally naked girl

Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
to be honest, i think a girl wearing something like that is sexier then a totally naked girl

ya i know it still leaves some to the imagination but i actually dont agree i think being completely naked is WAY more provacative than wearing a see through bikini because well.... your NAKED! jmho though I have no idea what men think.

Upvote 0