Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps God is trying to show us exactly what a "horrible example" looks like?

Maybe God is using Trump to expose the Conservative Right who elected him. After all, it was these conservatives who spent 8 years berating and condemning Bill Clinton for his adulterous philandering and sexual deviant behavior toward women. Ironically, these conservatives have embraced Trump with open arms as if he's been ordained and appointed by God, despite the fact that he too is an adulterer and womanizer, with sexual deviant behavior toward women, but they don't condemn him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would God get directly involved in a country so biblical irrelevant and prophetically insignificant it rates 0 mentions anywhere in the bible?

Do you think God chooses the Ethiopian or Egyptian presidents? At least their countries are mentioned.

I'm sure it's somewhere hidden within the pages of TWO CORINTHIANS.

• Haha
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It'll be more obvious when a lefty is in power, Trump is setting precedents that nobody thought of before. Imagine if the democrats decide to shut down the government until everyone does what they want? :D

Lying, cheating, adultery, and a man sexually groping women will become very important moral issues again within the Republican Party once Trump is no longer the president. But the sad thing is, all these issues I mentioned would still be very important moral issues within the Republican Party if Trump had been elected as a liberal Democrat and not as a Republican. If he had campaigned as a Democrat or used any other political party, he wouldn't have stood a snowball's chance in you know where from the devout conservatives who have supported and defended him for over the last two years.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Looks good to me.
Obama didn't do it.

Forgot -- Obama's still blaming Bush.

M-Bob
You couldn’t help but mention Obama?
Those eight years must’ve been absolute heck for you!

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump loves Jesus.. has for I dont know how long. We always tend to judge by what we SEE. Praise GOD our Father does not.

We prayed we repented.. we stood in the gap and this is what the Father does.

Let me get this straight... Trump loves Jesus, but he just doesn't believe the words of Jesus or of the Bible concerning adultery being a sin and the requirement of asking God for the forgiveness of sins.

The following is an excerpt from the article: Donald Trump in 1990: Adultery is Not a Sin

“Do you think adultery is a sin?” Trump was asked in the February issue.

“Very good question,” he responded. According to the report at the time, Trump paused and then said: “I don’t think it’s a sin but I don’t think it should be done.”

The reporters pressed: “Would you do it?” After which, Trump coyly responded “I’ll let you guess.”

And also from the mouth of Trump concerning asking God for the forgiveness of his sins.

Trump on God: 'I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness'

Trump: I’ve Never Asked God For Forgiveness For Anything [VIDEO]

Trump: 'Why Do I Have to Repent or Ask for Forgiveness If I Am Not Making Mistakes?' (Video)

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Let me get this straight... Trump loves Jesus, but he just doesn't believe the words of Jesus or of the Bible concerning adultery being a sin and the requirement of asking God for the forgiveness of sins.

The following is an excerpt from the article: Donald Trump in 1990: Adultery is Not a Sin

“Very good question,” he responded. According to the report at the time, Trump paused and then said: “I don’t think it’s a sin but I don’t think it should be done.”

The reporters pressed: “Would you do it?” After which, Trump coyly responded “I’ll let you guess.”

And also from the mouth of Trump concerning asking God for the forgiveness of his sins.

Trump: 'Why Do I Have to Repent or Ask for Forgiveness If I Am Not Making Mistakes?' (Video)
Please...allow me to explain.
“God is great! So great, that He can take the absolute worst example of a human being and (through them) do Great things!

Pointing out how deficient Mr. Trump is as President, the greater the GLORY to God!”

There’s no dealing with this level of convulsional “logic”.

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Kenyon Ledford

Mar 1, 2019
Parts Unknown
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why would God get directly involved in a country so biblical irrelevant and prophetically insignificant it rates 0 mentions anywhere in the bible?

Do you think God chooses the Ethiopian or Egyptian presidents? At least their countries are mentioned.

The u.s. is the most important country in the world- not the oldest. Any other questions?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Good post. I think this is why many veiw Trump as fulfillment of the Cyrus prophecy. Trump is the wrong guy for the right job. He cannot do this of his own authority. He is not capable to pull it off without God. You have to remember, Cyrus was a pagan. A non believer. But he rebuilt the temple and brought the Jews back from exile. Metaphysically speaking, and evangelically speaking; Trump's own actions lead credence to God's ability to chose the foolish of this world to confound the wise. To even raise stones to become children of Abraham. I myself have questioned the validity of Trump's faith on multiple occasions on this forum.

But from what I understand, most evangelicals do not focus on the messenger, they focus on the message; or results rather. While even I myself would not consider Trump a righteous man, the fruit of his administration is good. And God's 'finger prints' are all over world events in current politics.

There is also the fact that Christ died for us while we were yet sinners. Even Trump can repent and turn from his ways. Maybe he has... and it is not his onus to prove that to me. What is forgiven, is forgiven by God alone. It is not for me to judge. I pray for the president. I hope is has come to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus the Christ, but I only judge his actions as President while in office. That is what matters to me at least.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, he's getting away with a conservative SC,

I think this is the one thing you can claim Trump has done for you.

a great economy,

The economy would have been similar under most any president. Yes, he juiced it a bit -- so it is better -- by growing the deficit to over a billion dollars per year with the tax cut. Of course, that just means harsher times later when we have to pay back the deficit.

lowest unemployment ever,

It isn't the lowest unemployment ever -- it is the lowest since 1969. It is the lowest ever measured for some ethnic groups, but again, they didn't keep statistics beyond about 50 years ago. Additionally, if you look at incomes, while unemployment is low, so is the income levels. People are earning much less than they were (adjusting for inflation) than they were 50 years ago -- the average income (inflation adjusted) was $69,236, the average income in 2016 was $59,039. It looks even worse if you take the top 1% of wage earners out of the equation.

But, again, we likely would have had similar numbers no matter who was president -- they were already trending that direction for the last few years of the Obama presidency.

being a great friend of Israel,

I think this is largely in the eye of the beholder. What has Trump really actually done, that isn't merely lip service towards Israel?

and being the one finally willing to take a stand against N. Korea, rather than shunt them aside for future presidents.

And this is outright false, at this point. Trump has given Kim quite a bit he's wanted for years, giving nothing in return. He met with Kim -- something other presidents didn't do because you don't negotiate at that high a level with a weaker leader. What Trump gave Kim was a PR boon for North Korea, on top of ending our military exercises in North Korea. He's gotten nothing in exchange for those concessions, other than, at most, that Kim is no longer shooting missiles into the Pacific (which would have ended anyway, as they were test shots and they are now working on a new missile system -- per intelligence agencies).

North Korea still continues their nuclear weapons program and building missiles; and again, at this point Trump is blocking the US from "getting tough" with North Korea.

I hope he keeps 'getting away' with much more for years to come!

---SE---

I find it hard to see where the good outweighs the bad with the Trump presidency -- though we'll see where we are in another 18 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't just think about what freedom they will justify in response to Trump, but what sort of reaction to every little thing Trump was supporting of. Was he for border control and a wall? How about open borders and whatever barriers that are standing be taken down. Does he eat crackers and cheese? Let's ban crackers and cheese, it is apparently a symbol of hate.
Trump is just an entertainment leader.

But some of the ways he does things, did push the boundaries of his office. It may become more obvious when someone else tries the exact same things and also succeeds.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All according to plan? Without 8 years of Obama we probably would have ended up with
Clinton or a milquetoast Republican like Jeb.
If those were God's plans for our country, he didn't want what's best for our country. And Trump hasn't reversed the damage by a longshot.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The u.s. is the most important country in the world- not the oldest. Any other questions?

You still haven't answered the first question. Why would God get involved in a country so unimportant it's not mentioned in the bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
From my christian learning...God is in control...God is omnipotent...God is omnipresent...God is omniscient...consequently He is with President Trump and with all of us here on these forums.

I trust Luke 8:17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad. The Bible is the Living word of God and not simply a historical bibliography, but full of prophecies from times past, present and for the future.

The world is watching things as they unfold in the US and a world of us are praying for unity in your country. Your AG William Barr has stated that an ongoing investigation has been looking at the left and he expects they will conclude in May or June according to what he has been told. This investigation was launched based on testimony given by Lisa Page, Peter Strzok and others which have been made public. Reviewing these testimonies has exposed why the investigation is taking place.

Continuing to pray for unity in your country as upcoming events provide more and more information for your people to clearly disentangle the truth from the lies.

May God bless you all...and your great country...amen.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Common sense? An aversion to applying religious connotations to modern events?

The Bible is quite clear that all governments are chosen by God. This administration has on more than one occasion invoked the Bible to remind the people that as president, Donald has been chosen by God. What Christian would dare deny it?

Besides, if religion shouldn't be applied to modern events, what good is it?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It'll be more obvious when a lefty is in power, Trump is setting precedents that nobody thought of before. Imagine if the democrats decide to shut down the government until everyone does what they want? :D
Maybe the second amendement people can do something about that.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Maybe the second amendement people can do something about that.
Too much mind control technology, the populace wont do anything that directly affects the politicians.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Too much mind control technology, the populace wont do anything that directly affects the politicians.
Nonsense, shooting politicians is traditional.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.