Parts Unknown
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the Bible God always seems to pluck out the weakest, most unholy man he can find in order to send him to do great things.

I'm beginning to think God chose Trump. And NOTHING the left does can touch him.

I never dreamed he would be THIS good!

• Haha
Reactions: Jamsie

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
In the Bible God always seems to pluck out the weakest, most unholy man he can find in order to send him to do great things.

I'm beginning to think God chose Trump. And NOTHING the left does can touch him.

I like to think of it as a pendulum.

If Trump gets away with all this stuff, imagine what it will look like when the left does it?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I don't know that I would go quite that far.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

What has he accomplished so far? Certainly nothing great! His rich buddies certainly like what he has done for them but the average citizen just plods along. I regard him as a disgrace in an office that requires quality.

Upvote 0

Kenyon Ledford

Mar 1, 2019
Parts Unknown
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If Trump gets away with all this stuff, imagine what it will look like when the left does it?

Yes, he's getting away with a conservative SC, a great economy, lowest unemployment ever, being a great friend of Israel, and being the one finally willing to take a stand against N. Korea, rather than shunt them aside for future presidents. I hope he keeps 'getting away' with much more for years to come!

---SE---

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yes, he's getting away with a conservative SC, a great economy, lowest unemployment ever, being a great friend of Israel, and being the one finally willing to take a stand against N. Korea, rather than shunt them aside for future presidents. I hope he keeps 'getting away' with much more for years to come!

---SE---
It'll be more obvious when a lefty is in power, Trump is setting precedents that nobody thought of before. Imagine if the democrats decide to shut down the government until everyone does what they want? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I don't just think about what freedom they will justify in response to Trump, but what sort of reaction to every little thing Trump was supporting of. Was he for border control and a wall? How about open borders and whatever barriers that are standing be taken down. Does he eat crackers and cheese? Let's ban crackers and cheese, it is apparently a symbol of hate.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump has been pretty ineffective, his signiture wall isn't likely to be started anytime soon. His base is staying with him but it's a long way to 2020. I think the Most High is Sovereign and rules in the affairs of men. Trump being selected by God for the office seems unlikely, but if he did to what end would ve a big question.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
a great economy
lowest unemployment ever
being a great friend of Israel
finally willing to take a stand against N. Korea

, rather than shunt them aside for future presidents. I hope he keeps 'getting away' with much more for years to come!

Plus he's anti baby killers.

Looks good to me.
Obama didn't do it.

Forgot -- Obama's still blaming Bush.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Perhaps God is trying to show us exactly what a "horrible example" looks like?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Sadly, President Trump is much hated, often vilified. Nevertheless, my prediction is that given enough time he will be noted as one of the greatest presidents in American history.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Trump hasn't exactly been great. Better than I expected, but not great.

Besides, I don't believe God chose him. If I did, I'd have to say that God chose Obama and Bill Clinton too. And I will not malign God by claiming that he chose them.

Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Get away with all this stuff?
What "stuff" ?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Well. "Great things". It's all relative.

Still, the fact remains that the USA is probably the most influential country in the world. If one subscribes to theism of almost any kind, it's a little ridiculous to believe that somebody could become the President without God permitting it on one level or another.

So if there any anti-Trump theists out there, well, hopefully that's some good news for you.

Upvote 0

Kenyon Ledford

Mar 1, 2019
Parts Unknown
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump hasn't exactly been great. Better than I expected, but not great.

Besides, I don't believe God chose him. If I did, I'd have to say that God chose Obama and Bill Clinton too. And I will not malign God by claiming that he chose them.

All according to plan? Without 8 years of Obama we probably would have ended up with
Clinton or a milquetoast Republican like Jeb.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I see....what “great things” did he send Mao, Pol Pot, Adolf, Stalin, Genghis, Mussolini, etc to do...?

He needn’t fear “the left”....it’s the law that should have him concerned....

I think you are dreaming....

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, he's getting away with a conservative SC,

“Getting away with” has a connotation of something dishonest or unethical........hmmmmmmm, maybe you’re right...

a great economy,

It was great when he took over. The best input he could make is to just get out of the way...

lowest unemployment ever,

Once again, it had been falling for years. But we mustn’t mention the “O” word, must we...?

being a great friend of Israel,

Which other presidents haven’t been...?

and being the one finally willing to take a stand against N. Korea, rather than shunt them aside for future presidents.

Now I know you’re joking...!

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Why would God get directly involved in a country so biblical irrelevant and prophetically insignificant it rates 0 mentions anywhere in the bible?

Do you think God chooses the Ethiopian or Egyptian presidents? At least their countries are mentioned.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.