Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope it's as simple as him reading the teleprompter, please let him just run his mouth off. If he signs something we are all in trouble. Someone get that pen away from him.

I'm still hoping he'll resort to holding his breath, so I can see him turn blue or orange, whichever.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope it's as simple as him reading the teleprompter, please let him just run his mouth off. If he signs something we are all in trouble. Someone get that pen away from him.

I've read twits that claim that the plan is not to declare an emergency tonight. But this is Donny we're talking about, and he operates on brain stem impulse. In all likelihood, he'll spend his time moaning about how """unfairly""" he's been treated and try (unsuccessfully) to pin the blame on the Democrats for his mess, and everyone will come away not knowing whether an official emergency has been declared or not.

Even in the case of an emergency being declared, though: doesn't Congress still control appropriations? I'm sure pouring money into a money pit for a racism wall would be a complete non-starter in the House.
Ringo

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"For his part, Barack Obama declared 13 national emergencies, with many of them focused on international affairs and containing foreign conflicts, the outlet reported."
Obama Declared National Emergencies As President — But Not To Secure Wall Funding

Right. It looks like most national emergencies have been used to impose sanctions on people committing certain crimes and atrocities overseas, not fund something typically handled through the appropriations process.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Right. It looks like most national emergencies have been used to impose sanctions on people committing certain crimes and atrocities overseas, not fund something typically handled through the appropriations process.

If the process is being brought to a halt by those who want to play politics, then perhaps a national emergency needs to be used to stop a continuing flow of illegals committing certain crimes at our border.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh thank you for paying attention when the adults get into the room. I think the Republicans should have a response, especially if he declares a national emergency because he doesn't know what to do when he is wrong.
The President is the Republican response.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the process is being brought to a halt by those who want to play politics, then perhaps a national emergency needs to be used to stop a continuing flow of illegals committing certain crimes at our border.
Maybe the President can declare himself as the National Emergency.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The President is the Republican response.
Not fair, I want to hear from a Senator that can make sense of what he says, even if it's an ambiguise rummage through rhetoric. I demand this or I will run for President as...the caveman candidate...don't underestimate me and my butterfly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would have been an irrational assumption and I doubt the Congress was under any such misconception about the nature of Presidents.

It's only an irrational assumption for people who think every decision Congress makes is done for the benefit of one party.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not fair, I want to hear from a Senator that can make sense of what he says, even if it's an ambiguise rummage through rhetoric. I demand this or I will run for President as...the caveman candidate...don't underestimate me and my butterfly.
Overruled! One more outburst and you’ll be cited for contemptableness. Do I make myself clear?
law-order-judge-trial-court-courtroom-judge_gown-ggm100204_low.jpg

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“Therefore, I shall resign the presidency effective at noon tomorrow.”

Nope - too much to hope for.
Mike Pence could insert that in the teleprompter...,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Dynadin
Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
President Donald Trump’s planned prime-time address on immigration Tuesday night put the broadcast networks in a difficult — and familiar — position as they debated whether to carry the address live. But in the end, they agreed to the White House request and will air the speech.

The White House asked the broadcast networks to set aside at least eight minutes at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday for an Oval Office address in which Trump may declare a state of national emergency at the U.S.-Mexico border.

As of early Monday evening, CBS, ABC, Fox and NBC had decided to air Trump's address, according to sources familiar with the decisions who were not authorized to speak publicly. The major cable news channels — MSNBC, CNN and Fox News — are also planning to air the speech.

To air or not to air: Networks face pressure over broadcasting Trump's immigration address

good for them.

I am looking forward to the broadcast. It will be glorious to hear the words of our President. The leader of our nation. The man about whom it is possible to TRULY say "L'etat c'est moi"

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How about this: as a compromise they air the speech but every time he says something that's not true they mute him and post what's true instead? Then they un-mute him until the next time he says something else that's not true? :wave:
tulc(thinks that sounds like a good solution) :oldthumbsup:

I love twitter. The internet is undefeated.

Amazing Grace on Twitter

Upvote 0