Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
President Donald Trump’s planned prime-time address on immigration Tuesday night put the broadcast networks in a difficult — and familiar — position as they debated whether to carry the address live. But in the end, they agreed to the White House request and will air the speech.

The White House asked the broadcast networks to set aside at least eight minutes at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday for an Oval Office address in which Trump may declare a state of national emergency at the U.S.-Mexico border.

As of early Monday evening, CBS, ABC, Fox and NBC had decided to air Trump's address, according to sources familiar with the decisions who were not authorized to speak publicly. The major cable news channels — MSNBC, CNN and Fox News — are also planning to air the speech.

To air or not to air: Networks face pressure over broadcasting Trump's immigration address

good for them.

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess he's going to declare a "National Emergency" and divert DOD funds to build the wall bypassing Congress, satisfying his base and get re-elected! This should also end the budget impasse and reopen the government. Is this guy something or isn't he something:).

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think declaring an emergency here would be the worst thing he can do. I've worried that his executive order signing obsession would get him in trouble, I hope he is just making some noise. That would be the clearest abuse of power yet, up until now it was negligible but if he cries wolf over this there will be oversight investigations. Like we need more of that nonsense.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think declaring an emergency here would be the worst thing he can do. I've worried that his executive order signing obsession would get him in trouble, I hope he is just making some noise. That would be the clearest abuse of power yet, up until now it was negligible but if he cries wolf over this there will be oversight investigations. Like we need more of that nonsense.
When you put it like that, I would guarantee he'll do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So I guess a President can just declare a state of National Emergency for any reason then?

I mean how scary ARE poor brown people?
Actually it appears that nobody knows what exactly a president can or can't do concerning a state of national emergency.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟876,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Take a look the scene from our national emergency, guys! Things are getting bad!

ss-161118-us-mex-border-fence-cr_02_2797b5c95bce785cb192675bbffce4bc.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about this: as a compromise they air the speech but every time he says something that's not true they mute him and post what's true instead? Then they un-mute him until the next time he says something else that's not true? :wave:
tulc(thinks that sounds like a good solution) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,223.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
How about this: as a compromise they air the speech but every time he says something that's not true they mute him and post what's true instead? Then they un-mute him until the next time he says something else that's not true? :wave:
Or perhaps the Benny Hill theme music to start it off.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't think it's possible to live fact check the POTUS.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0