Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
?

manifest destiny?

I know what he meant, but Manifest Destiny has already been claimed. It was one of the excuses used by many white Christians during the alleged founding of this country to justify Native Americans either being forcibly removed from their tribal lands or mercilessly slaughtered for their tribal lands.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,444.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
?

manifest destiny?
Eminent domain is what they mean i suspect.
latest

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In Trumps case I would not be surprised if he turned a more vivid shade of orange.
I think he is just going to run his mouth and try to energize his base, there is no state of emergency. Now if he declares one and closes the boarder, which is a worst case scenario, the Congress has to intervene. It will end him politically with no one to blame, poor Donald. But hopefully, he is just going to waste everyone ones time saying all the things he can't squeeze into twitter.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would like to see him hold his breath like that. How long do you think it will take for him to actually turn blue? He hasn't tried this childish hissy fit tactic before. It might actually work for him.

Raise your hand if you'd like to see Trump hold his breath and turn blue too.
I think he’d actually turn green, with his orange skin.

• Haha
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think Trump should go to Florida and play golf the rest of his time in office. He should sign whatever the Congress puts in front of him and nothing else, and then go play golf. I hear Camp David is very nice, him and Putin can share a nice hot tub together and he can live out his fantasy of being an oligarch vicariously. I desperately don't want Pence to be President, I just want Trump to play golf until this whole ugly episode is over.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And the Democrats have requested and been granted equal televised time.
Okay. :)

Let's hope as President Trump lays out the facts tonight
...seriously? To my knowledge? President Trump has never even once managed to "lay out the facts" in the two years he's been in office, why would tonight's speech be any different? :scratch:

people keep an open mind;
That would be nice...would an open mind also mean President Trump supporters admitting when the President tells a lie or says something that isn't true? Asking for a friend. :sorry:

for our future is in jeopardy.

M-Bob
...that's true, but probably not in the way some people think it is. ;)
tulc(is having some great coffee right now!) :coffee:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh my. You mean to tell me that the MS-13 gangs are all really Jedi Knights? Oh my! Who knew? :doh:
...wouldn't invoking an "Order 66" make the gang members "clone troopers" not Jedi's? :scratch:
tulc(pretty much stopped watching Star Wars after Jar Jar Binks appeared on the screen) :sorry:

• Haha
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...wouldn't invoking an "Order 66" make the gang members "clone troopers" not Jedi's? :scratch:
tulc(pretty much stopped watching Star Wars after Jar Jar Binks appeared on the screen) :sorry:

Could be. It just depends on who Order 66 is to be enforced upon ... (and to see that, you had to have watched through Star Wars, Ep. 3 ^_^)

On a more serious note, I think there's a better way to keep certain undersireables out of our country ...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could be. It just depends on who Order 66 is to be enforced upon ... (and to see that, you had to have watched through Star Wars, Ep. 3 ^_^) (emph. added) (snip)
Oh no! :eek:
tulc(isn't falling for that click bait) :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes.

The Congress, to date, presumed the President would use rational judgement and only declare a "National Emergency" when the nation actually faced a national emergency.

That would have been an irrational assumption and I doubt the Congress was under any such misconception about the nature of Presidents. Congress usually gives Presidents additional power to wield when the Congress is controlled by a single party and the President is also a member of that party. As I believe was the case when this particular law was passed. Like setting precedents, handing power to another branch of government because one's political ally is in charge of that branch will often come back to bite one when the occupant of that branch becomes a political opponent. Congress would be wise to repeal that law as quickly as possible. As neither of the political parties seriously want illegal immigration curtailed they could easily repeal the law and override a veto by working in concert. I would imagine though that there are quite a few politicians that would be unwilling to vote to repeal as they would be averse to the idea of not having such dictatorial power available to them in the future when it might become their turn to use it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
State of emergency! Scary brown people exist!

I'm sure that the press will fall all over themselves to kiss Donny's ring after he ends up not excreting himself on camera. "He was able to read from the teleprompter for five minutes like a big boy! So presidential!".

Meanwhile, there continues to not be any sort of ""crisis"" at the border.
Ringo

• Optimistic
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I’ll give as much attention to the Dem response as I do to the Presidents address.
Oh thank you for paying attention when the adults get into the room. I think the Republicans should have a response, especially if he declares a national emergency because he doesn't know what to do when he is wrong.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
State of emergency! Scary brown people exist!

I'm sure that the press will fall all over themselves to kiss Donny's ring after he ends up not excreting himself on camera. "He was able to read from the teleprompter for five minutes like a big boy! So presidential!".

Meanwhile, there continues to not be any sort of ""crisis"" at the border.
Ringo
I hope it's as simple as him reading the teleprompter, please let him just run his mouth off. If he signs something we are all in trouble. Someone get that pen away from him.

• Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0