Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
CNN is reporting live visuals that the President is all set to shake hands with Chairman Kim of the DPRK. The President, should that happen, will also be the first incumbent to cross the DMZ into DPRK territory to shake hands with the DPRK strongman.

Live: Following G20, Trump to visit the DMZ in hopes of meeting Kim - CNNPolitics

Nothing substantial is expected but I believe that a photo OP or friendly gesture is better than no gesture. Some administration hawks think this will weaken the US position. What do you folks think?

On a positive note, Dennis Rodman tweeted in support!

PS: The President did cross over into the DPRK side of the DMZ to shake hands with Mr. Kim.
One needs to remember that the Little Kim inherited his cruel emperorship from his father and grandfather. He did not choose to be what he is of his own volition. It is all he knows and the darkness that has covered his heart makes it impossible for overnight change on his part.
What's the goal here? Peace with the USA or eventual freedom for the North Korean slaves? Trump wants both but not one without the other. So he is gambling that since the little pot bellied dictator is not his father. Meaning, given the circumstances. Not as entirely guilty as his father. He can be persuaded by AN HONEST president to alter the path the other dictators have had the nation on for 60 years. I think he is going to succeed myself. If Trump does succeed. It will not be a free nation. Kim will be president for life. But the death camps will close down. Relations with the south will get normalized. We will be able to withdraw our 30,000 troops and regardless of it not becoming a "democracy" or not. It will still be better for the starving to death people of North Korea. Worthy goals indeed.

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0