Premarital Oral Sex

I

ImperialPhantom

I don't remember if it was brought up earlier or not, but the original texts of the Bible did not expressly forbid pre marital sex. I've posted the whole inappropriate contenteia/fornix thing before, but even you acknowledged that the Bible did not expressly forbid pre marital sex. So, since you so far have not shown a willingness to consider the validity of alternate views besides yours on the subject, we'll have to agree to disagree. This discussion will just continue to go in circles.

Upvote 0

charligirl

Senior Veteran
Aug 26, 2003
London
✟17,471.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
, but even you acknowledged that the Bible did not expressly forbid pre marital sex. .

I did not acknowledge that, I said it was unclear on oral sex. I believe a full study of the bible clearly shows that the only sex that is permitted is between husband and wife.

So, since you so far have not shown a willingness to consider the validity of alternate views besides yours on the subject.....

Actually this is not true. As I explained in my first post, I used to agree with you. After 20 years of experience of sexual and non sexual relationships and study and prayer, and more recently marriage, I have infact been open minded enough to do a 180deg turn.

we'll have to agree to disagree

Agreed

Upvote 0

oneamanda2

Jul 19, 2007
✟7,745.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I never said lust never applied to sex, I said that it did not ONLY apply to that.

And no, any pre-marital sex act is done because of lust. A couple can still engage in that and do it without a spirit of lust. They are not related. Just because something is done pre-maritally does not make it selfish, which is the root of lust.
You are right. It is not selfish because you are trying to please someone else, but in a way it is selfish because you are not pleasing their body but what is being done is damaging to their reputation and their spirits. And it is not good, because you are not thinking about the most important thing, which is God and what he wants you to do.

But you are right that the root of lust is selfishness and I apologize for being so closed minded.

And to ImperialPhantom:
The definitions that you posted earlier are correct. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I

ImperialPhantom

Amanda, that's entirely unfair to state that it is not thinking about God and what He wants you to do. We have both been led to our conclusions by prayer and deep Bible study - deep meaning looking beyond the English, into the Latin and Greek and the context and evolution of the language and translations. Why? Not to justify anything, but out of an honest desire to seperate God's law from man made rules. We do this with all things, not just sex topics.

Upvote 0

oneamanda2

Jul 19, 2007
✟7,745.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Amanda, that's entirely unfair to state that it is not thinking about God and what He wants you to do. We have both been led to our conclusions by prayer and deep Bible study - deep meaning looking beyond the English, into the Latin and Greek and the context and evolution of the language and translations. Why? Not to justify anything, but out of an honest desire to seperate God's law from man made rules. We do this with all things, not just sex topics.
I am having a little trouble trying to figure out what you mean. I just don't understand how anyone can be thinking about God when they are doing something sinful and still be able to do it. That's all I mean when I say that you are not thinking about God if you are having premarital sex. I guess it is really not my place though, so I apologize to anyone who was offended. I don't know what people are thinking so it is wrong to assume. Sorry.

Which brings me to a question... If someone is doing something that is considered unholy and they believe 100% in their heart that it is not a sin (or don't know that it is), will they be punished for it?

Upvote 0

oneamanda2

Jul 19, 2007
✟7,745.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...Nevermind. I'm not going to bother trying to reason this out with you. You're not going to understand my explanation anyways.
No I really want to hear it. I promise not to be closed minded about it. Just because I have my own opinions does not mean I don't want to hear the opinions of others.

Upvote 0
I

ImperialPhantom

No I really want to hear it. I promise not to be closed minded about it. Just because I have my own opinions does not mean I don't want to hear the opinions of others.

You didn't even understand my original post correctly, and replied with a closedminded tone. I'm not going to sit here and frustrate myself trying to explain this for the thirteen millionth time, while having overzealous neocons jump in and call me a sinner and a liar and accuse me of justifying sin, and the ones who do agree with me not posting their agreement, just giving it to me in rep comments. If you want to read my points, go to my profile, and click "find all posts". Almost half my posts in the last month are from arguments on the subject.

In my prayer time yesterday and today as well, I was also convicted not to go into debates like this again, because mentally, they became a distraction from Jesus and His law of love and slowly send my brain from spiritual peace to spiritual turmoil. So, I have disengaged myself from these discussions. These two verses below were part of what God showed me in 1 Timothy yesterday.

1 Timothy 1 said:
5The aim of our charge is love(L) that issues from a pure heart and(M) a good conscience and(N) a sincere faith. 6Certain persons, by(O) swerving from these, have wandered away into(P) vain discussion, 7desiring to be teachers of the law,(Q) without understanding either what they are saying or the things about which they make confident assertions.

1 Timothy 2 said:
8I desire then that(O) in every place the men should pray,(P) lifting(Q) holy hands without anger or quarreling;

So, with respect to God's wishes, I hereby retire from debating this topic.

Upvote 0

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟30,245.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You didn't even understand my original post correctly, and replied with a closedminded tone. I'm not going to sit here and frustrate myself trying to explain this for the thirteen millionth time, while having overzealous neocons jump in and call me a sinner and a liar and accuse me of justifying sin, and the ones who do agree with me not posting their agreement, just giving it to me in rep comments. If you want to read my points, go to my profile, and click "find all posts". Almost half my posts in the last month are from arguments on the subject.

In my prayer time yesterday and today as well, I was also convicted not to go into debates like this again, because mentally, they became a distraction from Jesus and His law of love and slowly send my brain from spiritual peace to spiritual turmoil. So, I have disengaged myself from these discussions. These two verses below were part of what God showed me in 1 Timothy yesterday.

So, with respect to God's wishes, I hereby retire from debating this topic.

Awesome post! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

alphacheese

If God brings u to it, He will bring u through it
Jun 7, 2007
Montana!
✟21,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate to get under your skin IP, but it seems that in regards to this thread you make a lot of assumptions. And this is my very personal opinion, but it seems that you never want to get specific on your views and beliefs. The OP seemed to want our opinions and how we justified them. It seems you just give excuses and make assumptions. But what do I know, I haven't gone through your previous posts (you have greatly intrigued me, so I believe I will make an effort)

I applaud you in your very mature motion to retire from the "debate".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums