Predict the Democratic nominee for President

Who will win the Democratic nomination for President?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bernie Sanders believes only grassroots (whatever they are) should donate money to political parties. On his campaign website, there is a chart that shows only Donald Trump has more donations so far. How is a candidate who gets the more donations than any other Democrat being outspent?
And I have to say this. How is it people are saying the candidate with the most votes is being beat?

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When we have a new poll on March 4th, I suspect that Bloomberg will have lots of support.

Also, the progressives (Sanders and Warren) may be above 35%, still far form 50%, as the moderates would have 65% in that scenario.
=====
The 2016 primaries went is similar way for Trump and the anti-Trumpers. However. the rules were much different. In a winner-take-all state, a candidate with 35 or 40% could get all the delegates in a close race. In the Democratic party, if you get 40% of the vote, you get a bit more than 40% of the delegates. Everyone who is above 15% gets their share.

It will be interesting to see how many states the bottom tier gets delegate in on Super Tuesday. I suppose Klobuchar will come in 2nd in MN, and Warren may come in 3rd in CA, and perhaps a couple of other states.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If I add Michael Bloomberg, people can change their votes to him.

New polls are better, since everyone will be forced to re-think.

I would note the key dates for reflection are on March 4th and then March 18th. We will have only 2 or maybe 3 viable candidates by those dates, probably 3 on March 4th and 2 on March 18th.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
New polls are better, since everyone will be forced to re-think.

I would note the key dates for reflection are on March 4th and then March 18th. We will have only 2 or maybe 3 candidates by those dates, like 3 on March 4th and 2 on March 18th.

Do you want me to change the poll close date to March 18? There are still big state primaries after mine.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope.

I am suggesting that you do what the national pollers do (as indicate in RealClearPolitics). Open a poll on March 4th and have it close in 3 days. And do the same on March 18th. A 2day poll on March 1st and 2nd might even be interesting.

I'm not trying to make work. Obviously, we have lots of polls to look at. However, if you wish to get the pulse off this board, those are the days that matter. Maybe more dates will matter after March 18th, maybe not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
These are the Democratic presidential elections after March 17:

March 24: Georgia
March 29: Puero Rico
April 4: Alaska, Hawaii, Louisiana, Wyoming*
April 7: Wisconsin
April 28: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Yor, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island
May 2: Guam*, Kansas
May 5: Indiana
May 12: Nebraska, West Virginia
May 19: Kentucy, Oregon
June 2: District of Columbia, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Dakota
June 6: U.S. Virgin Islands*

*Caucus

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am suggesting that you do what the national pollers do (as indicate in RealClearPolitics). Open a poll on March 4th and have it close in 3 days. And do the same on March 18th. A 2day poll on March 1st and 2nd might even be interesting.

I'm not trying to make work. Obviously, we have lots of polls to look at. However, if you wish to get the pulse off this board, those are the days that matter. Maybe more dates will matter after March 18th, maybe not.

How about this: Close a poll whenever someone drops out.

New York obviously matters!

Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
:)

It's not obvious to me that New York will matter. To be clear, it makes little difference if Bloomberg wins by a couple of percentage points, or whether Sanders wins by a couple of percentage points. The delegate result would be the same, within say 5 delegates one way or the other.

The progressive vote is about 40% right now. We'll see where it ticks up, and whether it ticks up toward 60%. IMO, it is likely that Sanders will be at 40% or below in the 1/3 of the votes decided before Super Tuesday. He would then need to get much more than 50% to catch up after March 3rd.
=====
But yes, if the race isn't all but over on March 17th, as I expect, then April 28th will be important.

How about this: Close a poll whenever someone drops out.

New York obviously matters!

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Do you realize if Michael Bloomberg is still in the race New Yorkers are going to choose between two guys from NYC? Bernie Sanders was born and raised in Brooklyn. He went to a college in Brooklyn. Donald Trump is from Queens and has always had a home in New York City until a few months ago, so it would also be interesing to see the turnout demographics.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0