Praying for our pet Max a black male Persian who has been a part of our family for 15 years

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Calling for a miracle as Max is in the hospital with kidney failure and heart disease. Only a true miracle could save his life. We were blessed to have Max be a part of our lives but he has been the sweetest, most affectionate, and smartest pet we have ever owned, and his passing will leave a hole in our family. I hope and pray that God one day will restore all creation including the pets we loved the most.

Last edited:

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,776.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I’m thinking that when you said destroy, that you were really meaning restore.

Yes, all things will be restored. And there are many reports of people who died and were later resuscitated and said that they saw their pets there in Heaven. And they saw so many animals there. And they could talk!

That is biblical. We see an eagle in the book of revelation, flying around, making a verbal pronouncement.

In English it says that there are creatures worshiping at the throne, in the book of revelation. But in Hebrew, the word is zoon.
That word means beasts.

But what has worked for me with the death of a pet, though it seems counterintuitive, is to get a cat from a shelter, who needs rescuing, love and a good home.

Such a pet would never replace the original, but it can provide comfort as I have seen. Just a thought.

I do pray for Max to not suffer, and that when the time comes that he goes to heaven that you will be comforted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
By the time I arrived it was too little too late. He had a saddle thrombosis or blood clot that had killed both his kidneys so as I held him in my arms and looked deep into his eyes and kept telling him how much we loved him, the vet put him to sleep. I had heard that the dying can still be aware a few minutes after their heart stops so I would not leave until 5 minutes. I just could not stand to have Max die in a cold strange place with someone he did not know. Max was my sole companion many days when our son went off to college and my wife was still working at the office and I was home alone except for Max who would like on a pillow next to me. I really think he thought he was a human, but he was the smartest pet we have ever owned and I've owned a lot of pets in my near 60 years of life. And yes I get very attached to them. When my kitty died and I was 6 I demanded a burial in the woods behind my Granny's house and then I put a cross on top to mark its burial site. But Max and (2009-2023) and Muff (1992-2008) were the most special so Jesus if you are reading this and when I get to heaven if I can have only a couple of my pets over the years, please restore Max and Muff. Max was a solid black male persian and Muff was a solid blue female persian. Muff would sit with me only. She was a one pet owner and wouldn't sit with anyone else. But Max was Mr. Personality and an extrovert to the Max (which is sort of how he got his name) because you never had to guess what he wanted.

• Prayers
Reactions: Pop D.
Upvote 0