Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course without modern Israel Islam the way it is now would destroy all of the Christian and Jewish artifacts and churches.

In Egypt there is a movement to destroy the Sphinx and pyramids.

I'm not sure that's entirely correct because I believe certain Christian holy sites are being guarded by the Muslims. Actually, they all got along pretty well, and lived side by side as neighbors until the illegal state of Israel came along.

On the Sphinx and pyramids deal. Yes, I saw an article about that the other day.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Bloodlust in Israel: 'Flatten Gaza, send it back to Middle Ages, they need to die!' — RT

Interior Minister Eli Yishai said Operation Pillar of Defense would continue and likely be expanded, a reference to the possibility that a ground offensive has already been given the go-ahead.

The war in Gaza “must be so painful and difficult that the terror groups will not think twice but a hundred times before they fire missiles against Israel again,” it was reported in The Israel National News.

“Destroy and damage infrastructure, public buildings and government buildings. We must make sure that Hamas will be spending many years rebuilding Gaza, and not attacking Israel,” he continued.

A few days ago he said, “The goal of the operation is to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages, only then will Israel be calm for the next 40 years.”

Journalist, Gild Sharon, the son of former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, in an editorial in the Jerusalem Post on Sunday called for Gaza to be flattened like the US flattened the Japanese city of Hiroshima in 1945 with an atomic bomb.

“We need to flatten all of Gaza. The American’s didn’t stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren’t surrendering fast enough – so they hit Nagasaki too. There should be no electricity in Gaza, no gasoline or moving vehicles, nothing. Then they’d really call for a ceasefire,” ranted Sharon.

A group of Israelis demonstrating in Tel Aviv on Thursday night shouted “They don’t deserve to live, they need to die”, “May your children die” and “Now we want to go back there [Gaza] and kick out all the Arabs”

Even religious leaders joined the fray, with a prominent Israeli rabbi, Yaakov Yosef, the son of former chief rabbi, Ovadia Yosef, in a sermon at the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron blessed IDF soldiers while urging them “to learn from the Syrians how to slaughter the enemy.”

It's so wrong and disgusting. This hate that has come about, and the true Jews that adhere to the Torah believe what the Zionists are doing is heresy.

Hate will always seek to produce more hate..

And amazingly, when a Holocaust is done on one people, it often can shape future generations to assume that anything to do to prevent other Holocausts toward their people are justified - even if what they do is Holocaust to others.

As another brother in the Lord noted best on the issue when seeing the irony of what Israel is doing:

When the Nazis locked up Polish Jews in a ghetto, it was genocide. When Israeli's steal land from Palestinians and lock them up in a ghetto, its A-Okay

How is this:
30357049.jpg

Different than this:
30010020%20WG.jpg

When the Nazis forced the Jews to wear identification, it was considered part of their genocidal plan.

When the Israelis force the Palestinians to have a similar type of identification (which they have to have if they want to move around anywhere), it is A-Okay.

This card restricts where you can go, despite being born in the area (in this case, East Jerusalem)
blog33.jpg

This card did too:
id_card.jpg

Auschwitz survivor claims there are many similarities: :: www.uruknet.info :: informazione dal medio oriente :: information from middle east :: [vs-1]

Now, couple that with other things:

Use of human shields by Israel
Attacking Peaceful Protesters
Cutting off a people groups food supply and lively hood
Denying access to critical health care
Denying access to religious and cultural sites (while demolishing other sites and placing Israeli homes on top of it)
Taking land from a people group and displacing the people, while putting their own people there and declaring it part of their own land.

We have seen this all before. I don't like to godwin. But when you have so specific similarities (not the vague ones that people throw around), it is critical that we recognize what we have seen in the past, and what we see now....

any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
— Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article 2
The UN also says this about ethnic cleansing:

rendering an area ethnically homogeneous by using force or intimidation to remove from a given area persons of another ethnic or religious group

.​

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for sharing this. I'll have to take time to watch the video later on.
If you've not heard of Elias Chacour before and the work he has done, I do think he'll be a great encouragement to you as it concerns what others in the Middle East are fighting for despite others getting involved in the wrong fights.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think that since the Holocaust is still fresh, it's easy to hide behind antisemitism, which is ironic because the Palestinians are a semitic people too.
It may sound bad saying it..but I do think that part of the struggle for many Palestinians is having to deal with realizing that they may be on the side of a losing battle when it comes to trying to remain in the land and being caught on all sides - be it with Hamas in its own actions (as well as the mistreatment by many Palestinian Muslims toward Palestinians Christians) or the actions of the Israeli government in despising Palestinians in general and the U.S which often doesn't seem to be aggressive in aiding it.

I do think there's wisdom in noting the ways that arguing for a Two-State Solution may not be feasible in light of how the areas are set up for Palestinians in Israel...and seeing how the government doesn't want them to integrate as equals. There may be more of a need for nationalism that calls for them to look elsewhere rather than trying to do things on the terms of Israel.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I believe certain Christian holy sites are being guarded by the Muslims. Actually, they all got along pretty well, and lived side by side as neighbors until the illegal state of Israel came along.
Indeed:thumbsup:

That's something that isn't talked on often whenever it comes to seeing the many times/places Muslims and Christians have worked together...and Jews as well.

Christine Mallouhi, in her book Waging Peace on Islam , (more here, here, here and here ), shared the story of St. Francis of Assisi, who during the height of the Crusades traveled to Egypt and visited the Sultan Kamil (the nephew of the great Islamic leader Saladin). Francis came in humility and peace, in contrast to the conquering Crusaders. His approach and attitude so impressed the Muslim Sultan that he invited Francis to send his Little Brothers throughout his territory. It is out of this experience that we have perhaps Francis’s wisest counsel: “Preach the Gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words.” He saw the dignity of God in every Muslim person. Such grace toward Muslims was radical in his day, and still is in ours..

As it concerns Christine, Ms. Mallouhi was a Christian missionary to the Middle East for many years and writes that she found Muslim people to be the among the most compassionate and hospitable people she has ever known. Some Muslims even risked their own lives to protect her and her husband from their own Muslim governments. Their goal was to demonstrate the love of Jesus to Muslims and to convince them that Jesus was the way to God. They developed a deep love for their Muslim neighbors and many of their Muslim neighbors reciprocated that love.

There has always been times of great peace between Muslims and Non-Muslims. For other examples, I'm reminded of Saladin (Salah el Deen Ayyubi) and the Crusades. It was in response to the horrific oppression in Jerusalem at the hands of the Crusaders in the 11th century and the need to free the area of their control that Sultan Salah el Deen Ayyubi (Saladin) liberated Jerusalem from them in 1187.

His arrival brought relief for the local Christian population, who helped him, after the oppression they suffered at the hands of their co-religionists, the Crusaders. Not only did Saladin treat the Crusaders with kindness, he ensured that Muslims and non-Muslims lived in peace and harmony with each other.

For another, I'm reminded of what occurred on behalf of the Jewish people. The Ottoman Empire is a good example of that....as well as other places. In the Ottoman Empire, Jews were often given great respect/influence, especially as it concerns trade and being merchants...and this is seen especially in the case of the Sephardic Jews. Many Jews found refuge and sanctuary in the Ottoman Empire...

Adding to that, although others today don't get along as in previous times, there are many who go against that...and I say that in light of the many who are Muslim supporters of Israel: Muslims who support self-determination for the Jewish people, and a homeland for them in Israel. For more, one can go here or here to A Muslim Zionist or The Zionist Imam. Some Muslim clerics, such as Sheikh Prof. Abdul Hadi Palazzi, Director of the Cultural Institute of the Italian Islamic Community, and Imam Dr Muhammad Al-Hussaini, believe that the return of the Jews to the Holy Land, and the establishment of the State of Israel, are in accordance with teachings of Islam (more here ). Notable Muslims who publicly support Zionism include Dr. Tawfik Hamid, Tashbih Sayyed, a Pakistani-American scholar, journalist, and author, and the Bangladeshi journalist Salah Choudhury. Additional Muslim people who voiced public support for Israel included figures such as Irshad Manji, Salim Mansur, Abdurrahman Wahid, Mithal al-Alusi, Abdullah Saad Al-Hadlaq, Zuhdi Jasser and Khaleel Mohammed.

Abdul Hadi Palazzi, leader of Italian Muslim Assembly and a co-founder and a co-chairman of the Islam-Israel Fellowship, quotes the Qur'an to support Judaism's special connection to the Temple Mount. According to Palazzi, "The most authoritative Islamic sources affirm the Temples,". He adds that Jerusalem is sacred to Muslims because of its prior holiness to Jews and its standing as home to the biblical prophets and kings David and Solomon, all of whom he says are sacred figures also in Islam. He claims that the Qur'an "expressly recognizes that Jerusalem plays the same role for Jews that Mecca has for Muslims".

When asked what the Qur'an says about the State of Israel, Palazzi replied:
"The Qur'an cannot deal with the State of Israel as we know it today, since that State came into existing in 1948 only, i.e. many centuries after the Qur'an itself was revealed. However, the Qur'an specify that the Land of Israel is the homeland of the Jewish people, that God Himself gave that Land to them as heritage and ordered them to live therein. It also announces that - before the end of the time - the Jewish people will come from many different countries to retake possession of that heritage of theirs. Whoever denies this actually denies the Qur'an itself. If he is not a scholar, and in good faith believes what other people say about this issue, he is an ignorant Muslim. If, on the contrary, he is informed about what the Qur'an and openly opposes it, he ceases to be a Muslim
Of course, those Muslims actually being consistent in their views have gotten A LOT of persecution brought their way. In 2004, Sarah Nasser, a Muslim college student in Canada known for her pro-Israel views, received death threats after expressing support for the Jewish state's right to exist. "Being a supporter of the existence of Israel does not conflict with Islam, it complements Islam," she said. "The Koran does not have any verses that do not allow for the Jews to return to the Land of Israel (...) "I love Jews as I love true Muslims," she said. "Therefore, I believe Jews should have a right to live legitimately in their homeland." More on her thoughts can be seen here in A pro-Israel Muslim speaks out

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dot is right. Muslims hold and guard the keys to the Church of Holy Sepulchre, just to name one place. IIRC they also guard St. Catherine's monastery on Mount Sinai. 20% of the people in the middle east were Christians before the Zionists were given Israel. Today Christians are less than 5% of the people in the middle east. Only a fool would think they could all afford to pack their bags and move to another country.
So true...

Witht he Church of the Holy Sepulchre, it's amazing to see the way it has been preserved over such a long period of time.

Church of the Holy Sepulchre
Church of Holy Sepulcher Holy Land Photos
Itinerarium Egeriae Egeria's description in the 380s
BibleWalks: Church of the Holy Sepulchre Photo album
Church of the Holy Sepulchre - Jerusalem Travel Information
Church of the Holy Sepulchre facts and information for visitors
The Church of the Holy Sepulchre or Sacred Tomb Orthodoxphotos.com
Commemoration of the Founding of the Church of the Resurrection (Holy Sepulchre) at Jerusalem (OCA)

Some may take issue with the ways other sites were treated during the time Jordan took over East Jerusalem and there seemed to be a rapid expansion made at trying to Islamize the area even when Holy Sites were protected (as seen here and here).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure that's entirely correct because I believe certain Christian holy sites are being guarded by the Muslims. Actually, they all got along pretty well, and lived side by side as neighbors until the illegal state of Israel came along.

On the Sphinx and pyramids deal. Yes, I saw an article about that the other day.

yep, St Catherine's has a signed letter from Mohammed that Muslims are to leave the monastery alone. the difference between the pyriamid thing and Christian thing, is that Muslims see the pyramids as pagan, and therefore wanna stamp them out. they see Jesus as a highly revered prophet, so while they might want to destroy the icons in the areas dedicated to Him, they don't want to destroy those actual areas, because they claim that He is a part of there spiritual heritage as well.

I am not saying all Muslims, because I am sure there are radicals out there that have written stuff about destroying Christian and Jewish sites, but you won't find it as fervered as against a pagan site.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It would be nice if it lasted, but I was just reading news headlines and such, and it doesn't sound like it's going to hold. :(
Seeing that there was peace before, I think that's where prayer and fighting for reconcilliation/changed hearts makes a difference...for so long as people stop fighting against the spirit driving violence, it'll thrive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I think a peace can happen, if we allow the Palestinians to have their own state. people who see themselves as freedom fighters typically stop fighting for freedom once they get it. so if we can give it to them, warn both sides in general of repercussions (not from the US, just in general) it may stop.

on a weird sidebar, many Orthodox Jews do not support Israel, kinda odd.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think a peace can happen, if we allow the Palestinians to have their own state. people who see themselves as freedom fighters typically stop fighting for freedom once they get it. so if we can give it to them, warn both sides in general of repercussions (not from the US, just in general) it may stop.

Curious as to why it's odd that other Orthodox Jews don't support Israel - as that has happened for many Jewish groups since the founding of the Israeli State, as they were concerned for consistency with the Torah/Tanak and felt that it was a direct violation on the parts of the British Zionists/other Jewish terrorist groups to found the nation by force/violence - thus meaning they set up a false nation in parallel to what the Lord intended and they tried to force the hand of God ahead of time rather than waiting for Him to deliver them. And others have noted that they wrongly sought to dominante the land by immigrating en masse before the Messiah was revealed.

A different perspective to consider, if I may offer, is from Messianic Jew Jerry Golden, who seeks to explains more on the situation in Zionist state of Israel in this article from 31 Dec 2003. This article may be old but still pretty relevant, IMHO, when considering many of the ways that there have been darker aspects present in the history of the Israeli state and many influences that were never of the Lord...some of it involving imagery/symbolism in many sites all over the nation that are connected with FreeMasonry (and similar to what was discussed here ).

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Me too. I wonder if Israel would do half the stuff she is doing if they knew that the US wouldn't back them up and would let them take the consequences of their actions.
They'd probably be more wise - and after seeing that the "We'll be destroyed if you don't support us" card or "You can't say God will bless you if you leave us alone" card wouldn't work anymore, they'd be more cautious in realizing that so much of what they did was done because they were enabled to do it.

If a nation cannot survive without U.S Military aid, then can that nation ever truly be strong enough to live on its own at some point? Or does it always need back-up?

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Orthodox Jews especially of the Hasidic branch still believe in a coming Jewish messiah. Usually the minority of this community don't see the point of a political quasi secular state, when the messiah cones he will re establish the kingdom of David. Most Jews of the west simply stopped believing in a messiah after WW2.

Actually there's quite a few reformed and conservative Jews that either don't support Israel or at the very least their tactics. Most American Jews are ultra liberal and would support relocating Israelis to NY, if their compensated for property and the cities they built. If some leaders the Jews like proposes a small autonomous region in PaLestine and compensation for most of them to relocate they would do it

Upvote 0