Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Today is Day 9 of my novena for human traffickers, and all day I've had a strong urge to buy a DVD of "Priceless", a movie I've never seen, but my friend who's been in Thailand learning about & working against human trafficking has said is excellent, and makes her cry every time. (This is a women who is one of the toughest people I know, raised in an Amish culture that denied any emotions.)

While I can't go a day without thinking about human trafficking, and rarely go a day without tearing up over it, my novena has come to an end. I've already purchased "Priceless", and what better way to end a time of prayer than by spreading it to others?

So please: Pray for the conversion of all those who traffick humans, pray for healing & hope for all the victims, and pray for all the bystanders who promote human trafficking by ignorance, inappropriate contentography viewing, turning a blind eye, or any other reason. We are called, very urgently, to find & destroy any injustices in society, and it's hard to think of any worse than the sex trade, or any form of human trafficking.

A good thing to think of: In Dante's Divine Comedy, part of it describes hell. There's one part of hell, the stereotypical flames & demons & so on, for people who did bad things; but there's an even worse part of hell, where people are buried ankle deep in animal dung--upside down. As thousands of demons relentlessly torture the feet of those buried in this pit of hell, reserved for those who saw injustice, but didn't do anything about it.

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

1932 The duty of making oneself a neighbor to others and actively serving them becomes even more urgent when it involves the disadvantaged, in whatever area this may be. "As you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me."38

1933 This same duty extends to those who think or act differently from us. The teaching of Christ goes so far as to require the forgiveness of offenses. He extends the commandment of love, which is that of the New Law, to all enemies.39 Liberation in the spirit of the Gospel is incompatible with hatred of one's enemy as a person, but not with hatred of the evil that he does as an enemy.

Also, if you know of any songs with a Christian message from survivors of the sex industry, please share them.

May God bless us all, and may we all learn to pray for those who commit the worst atrocities, for no one is beyond God's saving power!

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
praying my friend and your avatar is correct inappropriate content does in fact fuel human trafficking drug trafficking also fuels human trafficking and terrorism and slave trade and sex slaves some of them being children or vulnerable adults people who do this fund people like ISIS and others all over the world anything to have money or to fund there evil cause They need Jesus all of them

Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father God bless Unofficial Reverand Alex, and this prayer, Lord please heal the victims and set them free from demons and the human trafficking.Lord let the bystander come to rescue the those who are forced into human trafficking. Lord lift these souls from the darkness, and bless their life. Lord please help them show your love and save them. Please bless, in Jesus gracious name, Amen!

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
yeah sure Ill pray for them but Idk.. its rlly hard for me to feel for human traffickers, just sayin
I don't think "Love your enemy" means you have to feel for them; praying for them is an act of love, even if you can't muster up warm feelings.

(Jesus speaks to St. Faustina)
"Have great love for those who cause you suffering. Do good to those who hate you". I answered, 'O my Master, You see very well that I feel no love for them, and that troubles me'.
Jesus answered, "It is not always within your power to control your feelings. You will recognise that you have love if, after having experienced annoyance and contradiction, you do not lose your peace, but pray for those who have made you suffer and wish them well".
(Diary No. 1628)

May God bless us all!

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0