Follower of Christ
Apr 11, 2006
Michigan
✟306,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am requesting prayer for a friend of mine, named Billy.

A few days ago I received what appears to be a suicide note.

Billy said:
I just wanted to thank you for always being my friend and being there when I needed someone to talk over with my problems. Truth is, I don't know what to do anymore. I was denied my SSI even though I can't work. I don't have a vehicle so a job is out of the question. In order to get a job, I would have to walk twenty miles there and twenty miles back. The Program they have here is supposed to help people like me. However, you have to be legally disabled or have children in the home. Sadly, I qualify for neither one. I have a court appearance the 2nd of December where they are going to send me to jail for Child Support. I owe $6,235 because I haven't been able to get a job or my SSI. I have always lived by the code of Death Before Dishonor. I am still living by that code. I have decided to end my life before they take away my honor. I have lived my whole staying on the right side of the law. It is my honor code. I appreciate all you the times you have been there for me. Thank you.

I told him that many people in this forum were praying for him and he is very thankful. I also told him that I could give him some money, but I can only give him so much.

I have received 2 more emails since then and am relieved to know that he is still alive, but he is desperate and is at the end of his rope, and it looks like the enemy is trying to get a hold of him.

Here is one of them:

Billy said:
Hi. I just want to thank you for all your prayers. I hope God does move in this situation. However, I am having my doubts he can move by December 2, 2007. The child support is $6000 and I can't seem to find a job. I am not asking you to send the money to help me. I am letting God answer this one for you, not me. Talk to you later, Kristy.

He is a Christian, but his faith is weak right now!

So, I ask you to please pray for him! :prayer:

Thanks!

Kristy

Ivy

Pray for President Barack Obama
Oct 26, 2005
NY State
✟17,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dear Father, just like when the children of Israel were facing the waters of the Red Sea, you can still make a way where there is no way. I know this of you, Lord. Billy needs a way out, and the way out is not death, Jesus is the way out. I pray he'd just throw himself on your mercy, Lord, and just wait on you with hope and not give up and not lose hope.

We pray we will see your faithful provision for this man, Father God.

And help our sister as she is trying to be a help & a friend; help her not to worry, but to just faithfully try to be like Jesus and to keep on putting her friend in your hands, Lord.

Upvote 0

littleredkiss484

Follower of Christ
Apr 11, 2006
Michigan
✟306,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear Father, just like when the children of Israel were facing the waters of the Red Sea, you can still make a way where there is no way. I know this of you, Lord. Billy needs a way out, and the way out is not death, Jesus is the way out. I pray he'd just throw himself on your mercy, Lord, and just wait on you with hope and not give up and not lose hope.

We pray we will see your faithful provision for this man, Father God.

And help our sister as she is trying to be a help & a friend; help her not to worry, but to just faithfully try to be like Jesus and to keep on putting her friend in your hands, Lord.
Thank you! :amen:

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Lord, thank You for Your provision.
Thank You for Your promise to meet our needs, and to bless us.
Father, I claim those promises for this young man. Lord, please hear his cries and answer his prayers.
Lord, show him how very much You care for him, let him know Your peace, Father, and enable Him to trust You to move and to sort out the situation for him.
Bless him abundantly, Father, that Your name may be glorified
in the name of Jesus
Amen.

Upvote 0

Ephesians4

Senior Veteran
Sep 26, 2007
www.prayerandsupport.com
Visit site
✟21,923.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father in Heaven, please give Kristy wisdom in this situation. Something feels very fishy about this man to me and I'm not sure why. Father, You know if my concerns are valid or not. Please give her the discernment to know the truth about this man. Please let him reveal his true nature very obviously--for the good or bad. Bless Kristy for her care and concern for people who are hurting. Guard her and protect her from any person who may want to take advantage of her kind heart and spirit. Give her a large portion of peace, joy, hope, patience and increased faith. Bless her with many spiritual gifts. Draw her even closer to You. Bring more Christian friends into her life, too!

Father, for this man, please let the Holy Spirit move strongly in his heart. The child support figures and no income story he gives doesn't add up. Please Father: let him explain this adequately or bring the truth to light. If he truly needs a job, please give him one right now. If he legitimately needs finances to pay child support, either provide this for him or let the judge be merciful to him. Please cast out any evil spirits that may be in or around him. Draw him close to You. If he truly is a Christian, help him to realize that "Death before dishonor" is positively not a Christian mindset. Give him a thirst to read Your Holy Word and pray to You. Let him seek You first in all that He does and not feel sorry for himself. Father, if he has taken advantage of anyone in any way, please bring justice to the situation and help him repent.

In Jesus' name we ask all these things, Amen.

Upvote 0

torchbearer

Veteran
Oct 11, 2007
South Africa
✟16,675.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Lord God, please unveil the eyes of this man that he may have clarity to go forward in life. Lord Jesus, you know the hearts of each and every person. You know their thoughts, minds and deeds (hidden or unhidden). Show this man how to rectify his situation, grant him wisdom, grant him an honest discerning spirit, help him to take up the cross, to carry his burden and most importantly, to face his trial with YOU. Lord, I believe that we stumble, I believe that you give us the strength to pick up and carry on, I believe that sometimes these are lessons you give us so that we might build character in you. I also believe that you are our graceful God of Mercy and Compassion. Give this man the energy to forage a way forward, to find good employment and make good on his debt for his children. May he have financial discernment and know that loaning means more debts ... Praying for him in Your Name Lord. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums