✟7,389.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,

I would appreciate some prayer support. I'm literally at the lowest point of my life, have been depressed for quite some time, and recent ordeal (that does involve the law) has made it much worse - I do hope that I will be exonerated and the case dismissed.

Have been battling depression that's been made worse by my current situation. Never have I felt so much anxiety, fear, hopelessness, loneliness (I'm currently in a foreign country as well, not knowing anyone here).

Have been having thoughts of suicide. Issues back at home does not help (they've found something in my dad's stomach, we don't know what it is yet, he's going to be tested, we're hoping for the best). I'm not able to go home as I'm "under investigation".
Trying to hang on, believe in God's goodness and faithfulness, but God does feel so far away as well.

I would really appreciate some prayer support and if anyone has any words of knowledge or wisdom, definitely welcome those as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read and very thankful for your prayer.

God bless,
Ari

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

I would appreciate some prayer support. I'm literally at the lowest point of my life, have been depressed for quite some time, and recent ordeal (that does involve the law) has made it much worse - I do hope that I will be exonerated and the case dismissed.

Have been battling depression that's been made worse by my current situation. Never have I felt so much anxiety, fear, hopelessness, loneliness (I'm currently in a foreign country as well, not knowing anyone here).

Have been having thoughts of suicide. Issues back at home does not help (they've found something in my dad's stomach, we don't know what it is yet, he's going to be tested, we're hoping for the best). I'm not able to go home as I'm "under investigation".
Trying to hang on, believe in God's goodness and faithfulness, but God does feel so far away as well.

I would really appreciate some prayer support and if anyone has any words of knowledge or wisdom, definitely welcome those as well.

God bless,
Ari
Ari, suicide would not solve your problems in fact , our lives start after death and you want to secure your place in the Kingdom of God while here on earth. Do what ever it takes to make things right what ever that may be, in truth. Prayers for you and your father. Blessings.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: ari.sketch
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,

God bless,
Ari
Ari,
I want to offer some support based on our freedom from all difficulties given to us in the Gospel of Christ.

First I want to list a few scriptures, then I will walk you through their meaning as it relate to your situation, then how you can get free in Christ Jesus!

Scriptures:
1) There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus, Romans 8:1 KJV
2) By His stripes I am healed, Isaiah 53:5 KJV
3) Put off the old man, Ephesians 4:22 KJV and
4) Put on the new man, Ephesians 4:24 KJV
5) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me, Galatians 2:20 KJV
6) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me, Philippians 4:13 KJV

In relation to the above scripture, your depression, fear, worry, anxiety, hopelessness, etc., can be packaged up in Christ Jesus to take for you and from you!

In number 4, to put off the old man means we no longer live, we have been crucified in Christ on the cross (number 5) some 2000 years ago. What the gospel is telling us is Christ lives in us and is our peace. What Jesus want us to do is realize our worry is who we are and God is not going to remove it from us; because he crucified worry (the carnal nature) on the cross. What God is going to do is replace your worry with His Power, and He asks us to be patient James 1:4 KJV, and wait on Christ unto our perfection. The same goes for depression, loneliness, fear, hopelessness, which all have been crucified on the cross (the carnal nature).

When we understand that God doesn’t change us we can be freed from worry! God does not change us because He sent His Son; it is the righteousness of Christ that God gives us, and He does it by the Holy Spirit. He “pours out” His Spirit upon us, Acts 2:17 KJV, which is the new man (number 4) we are commanded to put on. (I have experienced a pouring down). This is why we must wait on it.

Get yourself in a position to receive this power and wonderful blessing of peace.

How? Start in Romans. Do some small reading of just a few scriptures beginning in Romans. As you read don’t try and dissect the meaning, but pray for understanding, and ask that the Spirit be poured down over your life in power. As you continue to pray, praise and bless God for His goodness, mercy and grace as you read the Bible. Make this a daily practice as you read through Romans, and as you move on through the other epistles. The most important part is to pray and praise as you read!

As you do this, you will be endowed with power from on High (number 4). Why? Because you are permitting the Holy Spirit to guide you in the gospel which is our life line as Christians, and is the Power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16 KJV. That’s salvation when Christ returns, and our salvation today where Satan will shortly be bruised under our feet, Romans 16:20 KJV.

So let the One who can overshadow your depression, fear, worry, etc. by replacing it with His Power - He sent His word and healed them, Psalm 107:20 KJV

Do not condemn yourself (number 1), because we cannot be condemned in Christ. And if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, 1 John 3:20 KJV. Who we are, the type of people we are, our propensity to worry, to be doubtful and fearful is our old man (number 3), and is crucified with Christ . We put that off, meaning accept God’s estimation of the old man that cannot be changed.

The person you are that causes you to worry, God wants you to accept that His Son died on the cross for this very reason. You can’t change you, and God is not going to deny what Christ did to cause you to walk in holiness. We have been raised with Christ, so God is going to give you His free gift of Power, 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV, Luke 10:19 KJV, because of Jesus who made it possible for us to receive this gift of grace, which is what we will never be able to accomplish on our own. Read all of Romans 7.

Wait, I say on God. He will never leave you or forsake you. When you wait, He shows up, because He knows you are waiting!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

ari.sketch

Aug 14, 2023
Daejeon
✟7,389.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ari,
I want to offer some support based on our freedom from all difficulties given to us in the Gospel of Christ.

First I want to list a few scriptures, then I will walk you through their meaning as it relate to your situation, then how you can get free in Christ Jesus!

Scriptures:
1) There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus, Romans 8:1 KJV
2) By His stripes I am healed, Isaiah 53:5 KJV
3) Put off the old man, Ephesians 4:22 KJV and
4) Put on the new man, Ephesians 4:24 KJV
5) I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me, Galatians 2:20 KJV
6) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me, Philippians 4:13 KJV

In relation to the above scripture, your depression, fear, worry, anxiety, hopelessness, etc., can be packaged up in Christ Jesus to take for you and from you!

In number 4, to put off the old man means we no longer live, we have been crucified in Christ on the cross (number 5) some 2000 years ago. What the gospel is telling us is Christ lives in us and is our peace. What Jesus want us to do is realize our worry is who we are and God is not going to remove it from us; because he crucified worry (the carnal nature) on the cross. What God is going to do is replace your worry with His Power, and He asks us to be patient James 1:4 KJV, and wait on Christ unto our perfection. The same goes for depression, loneliness, fear, hopelessness, which all have been crucified on the cross (the carnal nature).

When we understand that God doesn’t change us we can be freed from worry! God does not change us because He sent His Son; it is the righteousness of Christ that God gives us, and He does it by the Holy Spirit. He “pours out” His Spirit upon us, Acts 2:17 KJV, which is the new man (number 4) we are commanded to put on. (I have experienced a pouring down). This is why we must wait on it.

Get yourself in a position to receive this power and wonderful blessing of peace.

How? Start in Romans. Do some small reading of just a few scriptures beginning in Romans. As you read don’t try and dissect the meaning, but pray for understanding, and ask that the Spirit be poured down over your life in power. As you continue to pray, praise and bless God for His goodness, mercy and grace as you read the Bible. Make this a daily practice as you read through Romans, and as you move on through the other epistles. The most important part is to pray and praise as you read!

As you do this, you will be endowed with power from on High (number 4). Why? Because you are permitting the Holy Spirit to guide you in the gospel which is our life line as Christians, and is the Power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16 KJV. That’s salvation when Christ returns, and our salvation today where Satan will shortly be bruised under our feet, Romans 16:20 KJV.

So let the One who can overshadow your depression, fear, worry, etc. by replacing it with His Power - He sent His word and healed them, Psalm 107:20 KJV

Do not condemn yourself (number 1), because we cannot be condemned in Christ. And if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, 1 John 3:20 KJV. Who we are, the type of people we are, our propensity to worry, to be doubtful and fearful is our old man (number 3), and is crucified with Christ . We put that off, meaning accept God’s estimation of the old man that cannot be changed.

The person you are that causes you to worry, God wants you to accept that His Son died on the cross for this very reason. You can’t change you, and God is not going to deny what Christ did to cause you to walk in holiness. We have been raised with Christ, so God is going to give you His free gift of Power, 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV, Luke 10:19 KJV, because of Jesus who made it possible for us to receive this gift of grace, which is what we will never be able to accomplish on our own. Read all of Romans 7.

Wait, I say on God. He will never leave you or forsake you. When you wait, He shows up, because He knows you are waiting!
Thank you, very much appreciated, I've read and will keep what you say in my heart, I will go through the 4 steps you listed every day - it is what I'm trying to do every day as well,
just thanking God for what He did, proclaiming what Jesus has done, thanking God for the gift of the Holy Spirit,
been reading the Bible every day as well,

I really appreciate your support and taking the time to write all this, I'll take it to heart, thank you.

God bless,
Ari

Upvote 0

ari.sketch

Aug 14, 2023
Daejeon
✟7,389.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Please call a suicide hotline if you are having thoughts of suicide. I pray that God would improve your mood, have you be found innocent of all charges, and heal your father.

Thank you, very much appreciated. I've had strong thoughts of suicide during the ordeal, thinking that I'm way better off dead.
By the grace of God I have not acted and not looking at suicide as a solution - I have a loving family that I could not wait to get home to (but can't as yet because of the investigation) - I would not put this on them.

Thank you for your prayer and support, much, much appreciated. I do feel somewhat in a better mood at around yesterday afternoon (my morning weren't great, though :p), but nearing noon (South Korea time), I did feel better.

Thank you, William, really appreciate your prayer.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,960.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I pray the Lord's blood can wash you clean and you have enough faith to follow Him and enough strength to overcome difficulties. May the Lord bless you and your family.

Are you a Korean or foreigner living in Korea? And have you a local church in Korea?

Upvote 0

ari.sketch

Aug 14, 2023
Daejeon
✟7,389.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I pray the Lord's blood can wash you clean and you have enough faith to follow Him and enough strength to overcome difficulties. May the Lord bless you and your family.

Are you a Korean or foreigner living in Korea? And have you a local church in Korea?

Thank you, really appreciate that, this forum and the people in this forum have been such a great blessing.

I am a foreigner living/working (was working) in Korea, and I just started going to a church, been going for the last 2 weeks :)
that has been such a huge blessing as well,
really, really thanking God for all these blessings

outside circumstance has not changed as yet, still waiting for my investigation, meanwhile not having any income for the last 4 months,
some days are good, some days could be better, but definitely in a better mood, God is good!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums