East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Anthony, I am a little concerned about the thought of 5 weeks of 5 day a week chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment before his operation to remove the tumour. They say it is to reduce the size of it but I am thinking of the effect on Peter as he is 77 in April. I have never heard of such treatment before the operation, I thought it was afterwards.
Please pray for wisdom, I will phone the Macmillan cancer support nurse on Monday to discuss it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Anthony, I am a little concerned about the thought of 5 weeks of 5 day a week chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment before his operation to remove the tumour. They say it is to reduce the size of it but I am thinking of the effect on Peter as he is 77 in April. I have never heard of such treatment before the operation, I thought it was afterwards.
Please pray for wisdom, I will phone the Macmillan cancer support nurse on Monday to discuss it.
Praying for you at this tough time xx

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Praying that God will guide you and Peter through your discussions with the Macmillan team. I also pray that the Lord will be there to give Peter comfort and strength throughout his treatment.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praying that God will guide you and Peter through your discussions with the Macmillan team. I also pray that the Lord will be there to give Peter comfort and strength throughout his treatment.
God bless and thank you.
I Don't panic, I don't worry... I am panicking :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard and know people who had chemotherapy before surgery. But not radiation. My oncology surgeon told me radiation treatments in the area of the colon can cause damage to the intestines.

Perhaps the hospital you are going to has different protocols.

Praying for your husband and praying he gets the best advice and care.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praying for 'musicalpilgrim's' husband as he goes into hospital today for the fitting of a stoma bag. May God strengthen him and our sister,at this time.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praying for 'musicalpilgrim's' husband as he goes into hospital today for the fitting of a stoma bag. May God strengthen him and our sister,at this time.
We have just come home from visiting Peter, he is really well, tubes etc and pain killers, and looking so well. Such a relief. :)

Thank you for your prayers and thank you Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Musicalpilgrim',How are you and how is hubby today? Thinking of you both. Is Peter still in hospital? Praying for his progress!
Hi, yes he is still in hospital and doing so well. Healing up and he could be home by Monday or Tuesday. We are off to Christies on Thursday with my daughter driving. :)
5 weeks of Chemo and radiotherapy before the operation to remove the cancer :oops:

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi, yes he is still in hospital and doing so well. Healing up and he could be home by Monday or Tuesday. We are off to Christies on Thursday with my daughter driving. :)
5 weeks of Chemo and radiotherapy before the operation to remove the cancer :oops:
So glad he is doing well. Praying!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Love you all. I feel more rested now. Thankyou for your prayers!
wonderful, we know for certain...

a33a2ac7e25aee7673ff86c3c069b1cc.jpg

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rest well dear friends!
From His sacred word, we have examples of sleeplessness and ones denoting an increase of rest, like you my dear friend, God is turning up my need for the later. :)

Upvote 0