Great Britain
✟14,863.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for grace and your unfailing love, I pray for all the dear beloved here on these threads that are in pain, hurting and crushed in spirit, mentally and physically, please touch them with your mighty arm and work miraculously into their lives, please Lord bring them complete healing and restoration to their body, mind and soul, bring comfort and peace and clarity, joy and peace back into their hearts help them to focus on your son Jesus and to know you are always leading and guiding the way that you promised in Isaiah 40 that you would give strength and power and lift us as on wings of eagles.

You know every hair on our head and every need that we have and request and that you will sustain and help us in times of trial, we praise and honor and worship you, Please be with these precious ones and give them power and healing beyond all human understanding as only you can give Lord. in the name of Jesus Amen.

HEAL ME O LORD (With Lyrics) : Don Moen - YouTube

Upvote 0

gewineda

Jun 25, 2013
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God I pray that you would give me strength and energy to do what I must do each day, and that this will help start me on the road to peace and calm.

So rarely these days do I have any happiness, or a lack of worry or panic. A minister on a website for other ministers recently wrote that at times he never got the peace he was praying for. After considering this, trying to figure out what he was doing wrong, etc., he realized that our minds are not just like computers, but are in a state of constant chemical flux. God's way of treating us may not be just to wipe it all away - in fact it would be inconsistent with our existence if he were a cosmic nanny, wiping away all fears and tears all the time. Like a real nanny, He is there not to make everything all better all the time, but to wipe our noses, teach our lessons, and tell us when we are wrong, all with the goal that we continue to grow up. We are not perfect, but meant to learn, suffer, love, fear, all of those things. Some of us have more brain chemical issues than others.

C.S. Lewis wrote in "A Grief Observed", after his beloved wife Joy Davidson died, "I once read the sentence 'I lay awake all night with a toothache, thinking about the toothache and about lying awake.' That is true to life. Part of every misery is, so to speak, the misery's shadow or reflection; the fact that you don't merely suffer but have to keep on thinking about the fact that you suffer. I not only live each endless day in grief, but live each day thinking about living each day in grief."

I can think of no better description of my own depression than living each day not only depressed, but also looking ahead each day fearing and anticipating the living of each day of my life in depression.

Lewis also said, "The death of a beloved one is like an amputation." You may adapt in time to losing a leg, you may be on crutches and eventually get an artificial limb, but it will always be there to interfere with life as it used to be. As much as I think about suicide, that harsh language reminds me of what suicide would inflict on my loved ones; a violent, emotional amputation.

Finally, he said,"The time when there is nothing at all in your soul except a cry for help may be just the time when God can't give it; you are like the drowning man who can't be helped because he clutches and grabs. Perhaps your own reiterated cries deafen you to the voice you hoped to hear."

Thank you all for your continuing thoughts and prayers, and mine for all of you in my situation. For it may be that prayers, and sympathy, and pain, and practicality, and forgiveness, and simply having nother persons care about me, makes it easier to hear that Voice that I long for.

I pray for all of you. Please continue to pray for me.

Upvote 0

lapdog4

Aug 11, 2012
Texas
Visit site
✟7,661.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Tomorrow is my moms day who committed suicide. I have off, electric about to go. Lost unemployment as mgr of janitor service asked a lot about my grandkids turned up on tx sex offender list so I worked my part time day. 4 hours, cost me unemployment. No food in house. I will visit moms grave <edit> I admire u guys who ate stronger than I but I finally fell at peace. Keep up gods work. Love u all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tomorrow is my moms day who committed suicide. I have off, electric about to go. Lost unemployment as mgr of janitor service asked a lot about my grandkids turned up on tx sex offender list so I worked my part time day. 4 hours, cost me unemployment. No food in house. I will visit moms grave <edit>. I admire u guys who ate stronger than I but I finally fell at peace. Keep up gods work. Love u all.

Whatever pain you feel, lapdog, it shrinks in comparison to the pain of guilt, shame, and loss that your suicide would inflict upon those who know and love you! Please call out to Jesus in your despair, ask Him for courage, strength to endure, and hope... and trust Him to respond. Praying for you right now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

Awaken4Christ

There is a better way lapdog4. Give God everything. Give him all your burdens all your sadness. Love God with all your heart and cry out to him. Make God your "everything". I know things seem dismal to you but God's people can overcome. I think of countries where Christians are persecuted nearly into dust. Some live in mud huts with nothing, no food, and they fear the fighting they hear outside will find them. But in some of the darkest hopeless places that Christians dwell often exists a shinning brilliant faith in God. Perhaps it is because when we seem to lose everything, when we become broken, there is nothing left for us but to completely depend on Jesus. Cry out to him lapdog. He is God. He is everything we can hope for, and eventually through his plan, he will wipe away every tear from his people.

Upvote 0
A

Awaken4Christ

There is a better way lapdog4. Give God everything. Give him all your burdens all your sadness. Love God with all your heart and cry out to him. Make God your "everything". I know things seem dismal to you but God's people can overcome. I think of countries where Christians are persecuted nearly into dust. Some live in mud huts with nothing, no food, and they fear the fighting they hear outside will find them. But in some of the darkest hopeless places that Christians dwell often exists a shinning brilliant faith in God. Perhaps it is because when we seem to lose everything, when we become broken, there is nothing left for us but to completely depend on Jesus. Cry out to him lapdog. He is God. He is everything we can hope for, and eventually through his plan, he will wipe away every tear from his people.

Upvote 0

puppii

*Blessed*
Nov 22, 2010
✟10,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom

I agree! :bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkama88

Apr 21, 2013
✟15,536.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
im going to school because of my parents,n a qualification,
i feel if i quit my worth will go along with it
so i'm painfully enduring the struggle of getting the qualification,failed twice i'm repeating on a third year my first n second year modules,painfully enduring
just today this morning,i had a spiritual attack,n my mind blocked black out n i couldn't study....i felt like a grade one trying to understand a simple maths,over n over...
i had to stop n pray,then suddenly a flood of despair overwhelmned me, started feeling like it's not worth if,then discouraged etc...list goes on.

6years in college n i'm so tired changing courses n failing n changing n repeating etc...
i FEEL LIKE I LOST PASSION IN UNIVERsity :( i can't see the future,i lost sense of hope,
n please i know someone wants to jump n tell me go read jer 29:11>> i know how it feels not having hope even when people throw verses at u.....i'm not ignorant!!
i just ask God everyday to make this stop but,my parents tell me they have high expectations things will work out,positive talk...i'm pretending that i'm happy,but
i'm slowing dyin,n enemy feasts on my depression.

i'm not here for prayers,i'm just concerned dat,I DON'T FEEL LIKE GOD EVEN CARES...anymore,my dad was a brainny got PHD etc...smart guy,not he hopes same for the rest of the siblings...I JUST REALIZE I'M ENDURING ALL this pain at school for them,I'M NOT HAPPY......
i asked God to open my parents so when i talk to them soooonnnn,mom will freak out-shut off,my dad might pause n pause n etc...i don't know :cry: i don't care

i'm just tired!!! saints,God ain't coming soon,world is getting wicked to occupy,now we have to sit here n occupy n patiently enduring...honestly,WHY AM I EVEN typing here,Where is Jesus! in my situation for 6 years of emotional turmoil...I WISH I WOULD JUST LEVE THIS WORL N go to heaven,i hate being alive

Upvote 0

gewineda

Jun 25, 2013
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mkmaa,

I am in your boat. I was where you are. I still am. This morning I was praying for death.

I managed to get involved in my work; and some things came up that caught my interest. This happens a lot just as I am at my worst. SOMEONE is sending me a message in a way that gets through when my thoughts and despair are too loud for me to hear God.

I do not know what will happen tomorrow. However, I am working hard and trying to live day by day, minute by minute, just to endure the next little while until things get better. And they sometimes do.

You are at university. TALK TO SOMEONE! It may not help much at first. It may be worse at first. But they will have people and facilities for you to talk to.

The worst fears are the ones where you are so afraid of them you don't even approach them, do them, bring them up, or address them. I am in major distress now because of one such. I am relieved when I go to sleep. I am upset when I wake up again. Your parents are one such fear for you. I know. They were for me, too. Try it anyway. Try it with someone you trust. Try it with university counseling staff. Just hang in there, mkmaa. I am praying for you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.