Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:praying: Jan

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?ArticleId=399

Does your Mother-in-law have wet or, dry ARMD ?

I read under the treatment link to the right of the page
that 'antioxidants' may have some remedial / preventive help to offer
Does your Mother-in-law enjoy Cranberry Juice ?

I myself, have had Transient Ischemia... which, in it's milder 'visits'
provides me with some visual disturbance at the periphery of my vision
has in it's stronger forms completely obscured my vision, with, geometric
light-filled 'shapes' in form, squashed rectangular boxes
moving diagonally upwards/ downwards across my field of view

At such times, proceeding with PC/ watching TV or, even moving around the house, is almost-impossible
I understand, that your Mother-in-law's condition... is very frustrating [to begin with]
but, that she will not, become completely blind

I also noted, that while there IS, some treatment
for the WET version
that, the DRY version is UNTREATABLE

Dear Father
We pray that Jan's Mother-in-law, be upheld throughout her sufferance
that, she will quickly learn to cope and be able to rely-on
her remaining peripheral vision, so, to continue to marvel
at the many wonders that you provide for us
Give her strength and through your amazing grace, the fortitude
to deal with this failing of, one of the body's senses
Boost, her other senses, that this loss, will not deprive her too seriously
Lord, in you, we trust, and we gather in prayer, just, as you have said we should
For we know that you will be with us when we do so
Lord we pray, that you exercise your amazing healing-power upon her
and give her your blessing
amen

Last edited:
Reactions: Ariel
Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please pray for my mother in law. She was prayed for at church on Sunday for healing of her Macular Degeneration. this is all new to her so I am praying that the blessing of God will rest on her and not be stolen by the enemy.
I think many people as they grow older have this problem.
Praying for your MIL.

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for my mother in law. She was prayed for at church on Sunday for healing of her Macular Degeneration. this is all new to her so I am praying that the blessing of God will rest on her and not be stolen by the enemy.

I am praying, Jan.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thank you so much yes I think she has the kind that is untreatable at this stage so prayer for God's healing virtue is our only option. She has a good attitude and makes the best of it but I know it must be frustrating for her. More than once she told me it makes her feel stupid when she can't read to do simple things like sign her signature and use her pin at the ATM etc. People help her at her store and are kind but she is trying to manage her own life and at the moment is putting up with my son and his girlfriend living with her. (I don't approve but it is out of my hands at least they have gone camping for a few days so she will have some peace and quiet.) Any prayers for God's peace are appreciated. Thanks so much. Jan

Upvote 0

buttercup2000

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
Nov 25, 2007
New York City
✟39,326.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Continuing prayers, Jan!

Are there groups that work with people with vision loss in your area? I know of two organizations here that will work with people -- adapting home situations and learning new adaptive skills for those with vision loss. One of my colleagues who is blind was trained for a new travel route when our office moved.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
She contacted the CNIB which is our national agency to help visually impaired people. She ordered some items from them (at her own expense) but they sent the wrong things so she is feeling very frustrated, I doubt that she will contact them again. Jan

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Please Pray

My co worker is from the Philippines originally and was very distressed today at work. Because of the Typhoon that has hit that country yesterday and has caused a lot of damage and some deaths. He cannot get hold of his family back there and so is very concerned for their safetly. He is not a Christian although he sings in a lot of choirs that do christian music so I am sure he knows about Christ. He is a vegetarian and seems to be more eastern in his beliefs Buddhist I think. Jan

Upvote 0

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
Farmville or diving into Little Rock Pool or on Is
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Please Pray

My co worker is from the Philippines originally and was very distressed today at work. Because of the Typhoon that has hit that country yesterday and has caused a lot of damage and some deaths. He cannot get hold of his family back there and so is very concerned for their safetly. He is not a Christian although he sings in a lot of choirs that do christian music so I am sure he knows about Christ. He is a vegetarian and seems to be more eastern in his beliefs Buddhist I think. Jan
Praying..:pray:

Reactions: AvaImposter
Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please Pray

Praying Jan.

Upvote 0

leytonstones

Senior Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
✟45,429.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
An update:

Rob has decided to go for the radiotactic surgery ( a form of radiotherapy ) rather than have the surgery. The first thing is that a mask of his face has to be made because of his facial paralysis he can't have a frame fitted to keep his head still during the acutal radiotherapy process. He will have another MRI scan soon and then the radiotactic surgery will be in small doses for 5 days a week for a period of six weeks. This will mean that we will have to stay in hospital accomodation during the week. Although the treatment is regarded as generally successful there are possible dangers - Rob could develop benign or cancerous tumours. Also, if the treatment not work then he might still need the surgery.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

Blessings

Ley :) :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dear Rob and Ley as you go forward with this procedure please know that you will be surrounded by prayer. Let us know when the treatments start if you can.
May you feel the power and strength and love of The Lord Jesus more and more each day as you face this physical challenge together. Jan

Upvote 0

leytonstones

Senior Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
✟45,429.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Dear Rob and Ley as you go forward with this procedure please know that you will be surrounded by prayer. Let us know when the treatments start if you can.
May you feel the power and strength and love of The Lord Jesus more and more each day as you face this physical challenge together. Jan

Thank you so much. The hospital reckon that it will take 4-6 weeks to get the mask sorted and all lined up properly. I will keep you posted.

Blessings

Ley :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.