• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Prayer request

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by kamikat, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mytheodos

Mytheodos Regular Member

+152
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    [​IMG]

Saint Nectarios Will help you!;)

He's a great healer! he will calm your fears!;)

Here's a prayer....
    [FONT=Arial,Times]Pray for me Saint Nectarios for with fervour I come to thee, speedy helper and intercessor for my soul. :crosseo: [/FONT]​

[SIZE=+1]MODERN DAY MIRACLES
    by Saint Nectarios

[SIZE=+1]From: CATHERINE DUBLE [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]

I am a 54 year old woman. On September 19, 2002, I had an allergic reaction to a prescription drug. I was rushed to the emergency room and while there, I went into cardiac arrest. Not knowing if this was caused by a blockage or anaphylactic shock from the medicine, the decision was made to give me TPA. This is a clot buster which is routinely given to prevent further heart problems, etc. In 1% of instances when this is administered, it results in a brain bleed or “haemoragic stroke”. This is what happened to me. I was rushed to another hospital with a much more sophisticated neurology unit and there I stayed in a coma for 9 days. My priest (I am Greek Orthodox) was called in to pray for me and my children were told to prepare for my imminent death. On the following Sunday morning I opened my eyes for the first time in nearly a week and a half. I was eventually moved out of intensive care into a “stepdown” unit. I remained there for about another week and then I was moved into a rehabilitation facility. I was still pretty confused for the first couple of weeks. When I started making sense of things, I told my daughters that I saw an elderly priest or monk in my dreams. He was walking on a grassy knoll alongside a water bank. The area was beautiful, very peaceful and serene. He extended his hand to me and said in Greek, “Come here my child. You have nothing to fear, you will be fine.” At the time, I did not know who he was. When my sisters were told of this by my daughters, I then learned that the entire time I was in a coma, I was clutching a small wooden icon of Agios Nektarios in my hand. I would not let go of it for anything. My one sister has been to Aegina and brought holy water back from there. She gave this to my priest and when he sprinkled it on me, it was the first time that I had shown any movement on my left side (I was completely paralyzed on that side). I am now certain that the person in my “dream” was Agios Nektarios and that it wasn’t a dream at all. I firmly believe that I was dying and that he sent me back for whatever reason. I will forever venerate him and celebrate in his name…Thank you for letting me share my story.

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

2. Philothei

Philothei Love never fails

+2,634
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Prayers for your wife too, Clem.

Philothei

3. kamikat

kamikat my love is bigger than a cadillac

+332
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    prayers for you and your wife, Clem!

4. Akathist

Akathist Theology Team Supporter

+692
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Prayers for Kamikat and Clem's wife! (and both families)

5. Asinner

Asinner Seeking Salvation

+324
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    :crosseo:

6. Monica child of God 1

Monica child of God 1 strives to live eschatologically

+670
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I am so sorry to hear this kamikat. You will be in my prayers. The parish I am going to know has a regular Moleben and Akathist for those with serious health conditions. I will add your name. Who is your patron saint?

M.

7. kamikat

+332
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you! St Andrew of Crete.

8. Matrona

Matrona Lady Godiva Freedom Rider

+199
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    That makes you an Andrea, right?

9. icedtea

icedtea Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,573
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    :groupray: :crosseo:

10. Dorothea

Dorothea One of God's handmaidens

+2,484
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Divorced
    US-Others
    I'm sorry to read this, kamikat. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. :crosseo:

11. Dorothea

Dorothea One of God's handmaidens

+2,484
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Divorced
    US-Others
    Prayers for Clem's wife, as well. :crosseo:

12. Thekla

Thekla Guest

+0
    Lord have mercy

13. -Kyriaki-

-Kyriaki- seeking answers in stillness

+344
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Prayers for both families. :crosseo:

14. Theophorus

Theophorus ...

+378
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single

15. Protoevangel

Protoevangel Smash the Patriarchy!

+1,166
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    Post #10. I missed it the first time too. :)

16. kamikat

+332
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    My ultrasound is this afternoon!

17. Mary of Bethany

Mary of Bethany Only one thing is needful. Supporter

+998
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private

Mary

18. nikolayalexandroff

nikolayalexandroff Senior Member

+20
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private

19. Greg the byzantine

Greg the byzantine have mercy on me Supporter

+423
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single

20. Protoevangel

Protoevangel Smash the Patriarchy!

+1,166
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    Christ, You alone are prompt to defend us; quickly visit Your servant Andrea. Through the prayers of the Theotokos and all of Your Saints, deliver her from this sickness and worry. Heal her so that she may sing to You and always praise You - for You alone love us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.