• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Prayer request

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by kamikat, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamikat

kamikat my love is bigger than a cadillac

+332
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    This is going to be a hard week, filled with doctor visits. My doctor felt multiple tumors in my uterus and this week, I'll be doing a ton of tests to find out what exactly they are and what kind of treatment will be needed. It's most likely that I'll be having a hysterectomy. Please keep me in your prayers. What I need most right now is sleep, since I haven't gotten more than 4hrs a night since I heard the news.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tekiahteruah

tekiahteruah Regular Member

+29
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Oh wow... I'm so sorry! Prayers, definitely, and best wishes to you... :crosseo:

3. Nichole

Nichole Senior Veteran

+721
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    :crosseo:

May God grant you restful sleep and a clear mind!

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. Female issues are very scarey (I've been through some of them too) and when it comes to our health we always tend to think the worst! You are in my thoughts also! :)

4. Protoevangel

Protoevangel Smash the Patriarchy!

+1,166
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    In Relationship
    kamikat, you are definitely in my prayers!

We are having a Paraklesis service this Friday. Please post, or PM me your first name, so I can give it to my priest.

5. Khaleas

Khaleas Also known as Jenn the Finn :)

+331
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Republican
    My prayers!!!
    Hope you get some sleep soon... and keep us posted.

6. Matrona

Matrona Lady Godiva Freedom Rider

+199
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Oh my goodness. :( :crosseo:

7. Thekla

Thekla Guest

+0
    oh, Kamikat :(

sorry to hear this !

prayers for you !!

8. Philothei

Philothei Love never fails

+2,634
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    oh, Kami ... everything will be okay just keep up the faith... Prayers for you. and try to get some sleep...

God bless,
    Philothei

9. rainbowbright

rainbowbright Veteran

+80
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Republican
    Lord have mercy!:crosseo:
    I am so sorry, you are definitely in my prayers, hope you sleep tonight:hug:

10. kamikat

+332
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    My given name is Andrea. Thanks for the prayers!

11. Lukaris

Lukaris Orthodox Christian Supporter

+1,597
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single

12. ThePosterFormerlyKnownAs

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAs forgivensinner001/Dust and Ashes/Slambo

+44
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Prayers for you. :crosseo:

:hug:

13. Mary of Bethany

Mary of Bethany Only one thing is needful. Supporter

+998
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Adding my prayers!

Mary

14. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+14,851
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    OH MY GOODNESS :(

Prayers for you - but of course [ and that also includes your family who will also need help/support at this time ]

May I suggest that you ask your priest for Annointing ?

15. kamikat

+332
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    That is a great idea! Right now, I'm just trying to figure out how to get a confession in :D The symptoms that are accompanying this have prevented me to going to church on a regular basis. I'm sure he'd feel better knowing there was a reason instead of thinking I was just "ditching class".

16. ClementofRome

ClementofRome Spelunking the most ancient caves of Xianity

+108
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Kami, you are in my prayers.

FYI, keep my wife in prayer as her hysterectomy is scheduled for 1/31. She is nervous, but God is good.

17. Greg the byzantine

Greg the byzantine have mercy on me Supporter

+423
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    :crosseo: Andrea you will definitely be in my prayers.

18. Lukaris

Lukaris Orthodox Christian Supporter

+1,597
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Is anyone familiar with this procedure which seems to offer an alternative? www.NovaSure.com

19. Chocolatesa

Chocolatesa has commenced Theosis

+41
    Canada
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married

20. Matrona

Matrona Lady Godiva Freedom Rider

+199
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Maybe you can call your priest over and get the anointing and confession taken care of, and get a Theophany house blessing to boot. ;) :clap:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.