~Lynz~

Mar 17, 2009
Scotland
✟7,852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm 8 weeks pregnant suffering from Hyperemesis. I feel utterly awful.
It's like I've been poisoned.
I've been to doctors and I have anti sickness tablets which helped at little. But don't seen to be helping any more.
I've got 2 older kids to look after so really would love your prayers. To make me better.

I'm at the end of my rope.

ciaomamma

Oct 28, 2012
✟15,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sorry you're feeling so sick :( will pray for you.
My mother had it when she was pregnant with me and she made it to term and I was healthy and she recovered, I'm sure that's not really helping just want you to know there's light at the end of the tunnel.
Hope you can get some help with the older kids.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Been there! I was nauseous 24 hours a day for the whole 9 months, and threw up several times a day on a regular basis. I never got a break, it never went away, and it was awful. I was exhausted and miserable. And you have two kids to care for already, so I can imagine how tired you must be.

Is there anyone who can help you? Can you hire a nanny for a few hours a day at least? Or is there a friend or relative who could take the two kids a few days a week and let you rest?

Are you following all of the dietary recommendations for your condition? That's a big factor; small meals, bland foods, avoid fat, salt, sugar, caffeine as much as possible, keep crackers by your bedside, suck on popsicles or lollipops, etc.

Hang in there, it WILL end. I know it feels like it won't, but it will. My labor and delivery went fine and my son was perfectly healthy :) Chin up!

Upvote 0

~Lynz~

Mar 17, 2009
Scotland
✟7,852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm still being sick even tho I've got anti sickness tablets. I'm not jus nauseous I am sick 30-50 times a day. I cannot sit up without being dizzy and passing out.
There is no diet recommendations to my condition as it's not morning sickness all the stuff that helps morning sickness doesn't help Hyperemesis. The only things to help is medication and Iv fluids. Medication I have at home. And any time I'm so ill I need Iv fluids I need to go spend a few days in hospital.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You were 8 weeks along when you first posted on April 19th. So you're now what, 11 weeks along? You're nearing the end of the first trimester, which is usually when the worst of the hormones eases up a bit, so I pray that relief is coming for you.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah 11 weeks tomorrow. Ive been told that it's expected to last up till 21 weeks. But it could last 9 months.
Pray for my family too please. My husband, children and parents. They are Ll being effected by it. And there's lots of stress.

Of course it's stressful for everyone. Moms tend to be the cornerstone of the family. When Mom's out of commission, things tend to get a little chaotic.

Do you have some friends or relatives who can help with watching your kids, doing light housework, bringing over meals, just while you get through the worst of this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Lynz~

Mar 17, 2009
Scotland
✟7,852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hubby has been doing the house work. And my parents have been taking the kids. We really don't have any one else.
We have also bought a new house so moving soon isn't helping with the stress. We will get through it. Just would appreciate some prayers.
I've lost my job through this and I've had to drop out of uni. It's just not as we had hoped.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course it's not as you'd hoped! A rough pregnancy is never what someone expects or can really plan for.

I'm glad that you have helpful family around you. That is so crucial.

I also understand the stress of buying a house and moving in the midst of other things! Two years ago, I was moving into a new house, getting married, AND having surgery, all within the span of a week. STRESS lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums